Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Community_Admin  @Zoe_C  @Charlotte_G 

Any updates for us? Any option for us to downgrade firmware yet? You need to provide a solution (even if its temporary until there is a real fix) for us and it needs to happen now, we are all sick of waiting- getting nowhere here guys.

aeneal31
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I agree. I don't want to be neglected by customer support should there be an issue with the QC700. @pemerick07 suggested the QC700 because of the call quality. 

rhysster974
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

I’m, also having this problem please Bose sort this 

Javi0510
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Hi good day

I bought some QC35II 4 months ago and in the first update I started to notice the reduction of ANC, I would like to help me with this

aeneal31
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

@Arzo wrote:
BOSE? Whats wrong?? Give us a downgrade option until you sort it out??? How hard can it be?? What is taking so long?? Why you make us wait??? You will not force us to buy the new 700 by letting us wait like this.....

I suggest that everyone on this thread contact Bose at their customer support number. For the US it's 1-800-379-2073 and reported this issue. I think if the customer support gets flooded with all the issues with this firmware, that will make a difference.  I called them to report an issue with my iPhone dropping from the Bluetooth and reconnecting on its own. I also informed the rep about the firmware update 4.5.2 and the loss of ANC quality. She made a note of it. It was suggested that I go to btu.bose.com and do the firmware update from there. I will not do that since mine already has the 4.5.2 firmware per the app.  

Elliot232
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

I have only just updated my headphones to 4.5.2 and immediately have noticed the ANC is certainly changed. Even noticed a tech reviewer has tested the noise cancelation and certain ranges are 4db worse in cancellation with this new update. Really wish you could just rollback to a previous update your happy with. Most firmware updates for products are able to be rolled back.
Highlighted

Dear all, 

Thank you for your continued patience in regards to the reported change in ANC following Firmware update 4.5.2.

We have looked into this extensively for you and have escalated this to our engineering team. They have been able to confirm that no changes were made to the ANC functionality in the most recent update.  That said, we want to make sure we are supporting those who may still be having issues and may be reaching out to some of you directly for more details to support a continued investigation.  

There are a number of troubleshooting steps you can take regarding ANC that can be found below:  We encourage you to review it for a potential solution.

• Be sure the headset is turned on. The switch on the right earcup should be in the "On" position with the green LED illuminated. The headset must be turned on to cancel noise.
  • Double check that the cushions are securely attached to the earcup. If the ear cushion is not affixed to the ear cup properly, the noise reduction may be affected.
  • Check to make sure the headset is fully seated and the ear cushions are in good shape as the seal they provide is extremely important for noise cancellation performance.
  • Verify the noise cancellation mode you are in through the Bose connect app. 
  • Complete a product reset.

Further support may be best handled directly, rather than through the community.  To find the contact information that you need, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see “contact us”.    

Thank you once again for your patience. 

Warm Regards, 

Community Admin.

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

You've got to actually be joking us? We wouldn't all lie and make accounts to come and make this up.

This is beyond actually appalling and disgraceful.

Numerous people have linked a website that CONFIRMS changes were made.

This is disgusting.

Just make sure when you're contacting people directly for support that you contact me and have someone pick up this piece of junk and reimburse me.
Tadas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

That's it. That's the last straw.
Customer are treated so poorly by just giving us the "We didn't screwed up. Our firmware is flawless. Are you sure you have turned the headset on?"
Clearly not what I thought while pbuying a 300$ headset.

Will return my headset tomorrow and never be seen again with a Bose product.
Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Over 100 replies and we've all just been called liars. How many of us made an account to complain about this?

What a bloody cheek you have admin, the developers are lying and or Bose are trying to cover this up.

Really really hope a larger review presence picks up on this and writes about it.

I'll be going to citizens advice tomorrow to see what can be done legally about this.

You made a lot of people wait over a week to say it's all in our heads.

Here comes the downfall of Bose I reckon...

How DARE you.