Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

This company is by far the WORST company in the technological industry. Calling liars to all of the customers.. Making obsolete products that cost 300 dollars to make them buy the newest product which is going to be on sale next week...

I have two products from bose. A bluetooth speaker revolve, and this pair of QC 35 II. I'll do my best to advise all the people that I know to do not buy nothing from bose. You are a big company because we, customers with money, choose to buy your products. We'll, I'll never buy nothing more from you, and as I said, I'll advise everyone to do not buy. Hope if everyone who came here do the same, you can change your mind and listen to us, before calling us liars. I guess you should fire your develop team, because they surely don't know what are doing. They even may be doing something wrong in purpose to benefit other brands, have you consider that?

Solve this problem.. Otherwise this 300 dollar headphone worth 10 times less
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

This is by far the WORST support I've ever seen. Can't believe that answer - we have clear proof the anc has been changed, do you even read our posts?? Telling us all here we're liars??

Ok we should save this thread for future reference if needed, these mods will prob lock/delete this thread.

I'm going to contact trading standards and file a complaint, my wife and 3 of my mates are doing the same. The more the better.

Like, holy crap...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Drafto, ill do the same man.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

created an account just to voice my disgruntlement over this whole thing..

Bose hasnt even properly acknowleged it which is the slap in the face on top of a $300+ pair of worthless headphones.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

With that type of response - I returned my BOSE for a SONY, and written an honest review on Amazon.  I recommend others to do the same since it's obviously we are getting no real action by posting anything here.  

I've managed large development teams and I can only conclude that your developers have NO idea what changed.  Either the development process doesn't follow any change management, you have contracted development to a third-party (CYA), or/and they are not qualified developers.  

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Ok Bose. But can we just have the downgrade option?
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Why is everyone surprised by their response? It was 100% predictable. They did the exact same thing with the original QC35. Broke ANC with a firmware update then refused to acknowledge the issue. They will also refuse to offer a downgrade option as they did before. Moral of the story is to never ever update Bose product firmware...ever.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

Hi,
Have create an account just for this..
Same issue here. ANC to low 😞

Please update or downgrade this firmware... (4.5.2)
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

WOW, GREAT!

After I updated the firmware, I obviously turn off the headphones all the time. What's more, I also broke the cushions. You know what? I forgot how to use it, too.

Don't tell me!

-----------

R.I.P. Bose QC 35 II

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

If I understand correctly, what Bose support is telling us is that the problem isn't the firmware itself since the NC code hasn't been changed. Which means it must be the firmware update process which is spitting out these issues.

Sporadic semi-failing firmware upgrades which can reduce noise cancellation performance sounds like a nasty thing to troubleshoot. And given that there are similar responses in the QC35i threads, plus the fact that Bose has stopped firmware downgrading due to issues with that, imply that any fix will not be quick or easy.

What I'd like to see happen is for Bose engineering to request those affected to send in their "broken" headsets in return for new ones, so that they can actually troubleshoot what is happening. If this is already happening, please acknowledge it to the community.