jimjohn08
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

How silly can that be ,

“We looked into it extensively”#Bose

Even with just putting it on with Anc high u can make out the difference-it’s pathetic that u can even hear sound of air if thr fan is turned on
I mailed to Bose and they me the nearest service centre address
I’ve been to service even they are completely clues less of what’s happening they told me they will get back , but dont know when

Sitting in quite room and turning on the Anc doesn’t make sense
Highlighted
piyushbajaj0704
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

If Bose didn't fix the QC35 NC, Switching to Sony forever

I request the Bose development team that a lot of us paid a premium price to buy this awesome product. But if this update is not reverted back or fixed, I would definitely switch to Sony series forever and stop praising Bose. I used to brag about my Bose all the time. I would have made so many of my friends to buy Bose QC products. If Bose didn't fix this, it has no idea how many hatred is coming. It's only a loss for the Bose, it would lose so many customers and also the negative review feedbacks. It's now your call. 

anonymousantelope
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Should be pretty straightforward to go to a local Bose store and do a side-by-side comparison with a demo headset, in front of the staff.

Hopefully they can then handle an RMA directly.
Steve4907
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

I am an IT Technician of 20 years in Australia and I have two pairs of the QC35ii headphones and they cost $500 a pair in Australia. I updated one last night and left the second pair not updated. After updating to the latest firmware of 4.5.2 it has lost most of the noise cancelling in the high setting and it makes no appreciable difference in low or in high mode as both are the same and indistinguishable and not cancelling out much outside noise which is the primary reason we all bought these headphones to begin with. The second pair of headphones that were not updated were compared back to back with the pair that had been updated and the difference is just huge. I asked my friend Richie a sound engineer in the music industry today to test the two headphones and he said the same thing and I didn't tell him which pair had been updated. I am voicing my professional opinion and findings with other professionals in the audio industry and this needs to be addressed quickly and rectified before you lose more of your customers such as myself and others that have complained on this forum and countless others that have yet to find this forum or have already taken steps for legal action.
paubach
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Again. If the problem isn't the firmware, then you have a problem in the updater. But anything has ruined the ANC in our headphones. 

I've seen 3 kind of answer:

1. Wait

2. The problem is that you're getting used to the ANC (so, I have to say thank you for improving my listening capabilities. Maybe you should sell your headphones as a cure for deafness)

3. Repeat the steps to check everything is correct. (I'm sure everybody here has checked. YES, the headphones are ON. Yes, we have checked the ANC is ON. Yes, we have reseted. Do you really think the firmware turned us all stupid? Then, the problem is bigger than ANC not working, it seems your headphones are making your users dumb)

PLEASE Bose, don't fool us and FIX it. In less than 1 month, my QC35 II have been devaluated 100$. (I could have bought headphones without ANC for 150). 

And as QC isn't anymore for Quiet Comfort (they are comfortable, but not Quiet anymore) at least use the letters to do some QUALITY CONTROL and check before releasing an upgrade.

Wyspr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

@Community_Admin wrote:

Dear all, 

Thank you for your continued patience in regards to the reported change in ANC following Firmware update 4.5.2.

We have looked into this extensively for you and have escalated this to our engineering team. They have been able to confirm that no changes were made to the ANC functionality in the most recent update.  That said, we want to make sure we are supporting those who may still be having issues and may be reaching out to some of you directly for more details to support a continued investigation.  

There are a number of troubleshooting steps you can take regarding ANC that can be found below:  We encourage you to review it for a potential solution.

• Be sure the headset is turned on. The switch on the right earcup should be in the "On" position with the green LED illuminated. The headset must be turned on to cancel noise.
  • Double check that the cushions are securely attached to the earcup. If the ear cushion is not affixed to the ear cup properly, the noise reduction may be affected.
  • Check to make sure the headset is fully seated and the ear cushions are in good shape as the seal they provide is extremely important for noise cancellation performance.
  • Verify the noise cancellation mode you are in through the Bose connect app. 
  • Complete a product reset.

Further support may be best handled directly, rather than through the community.  To find the contact information that you need, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see “contact us”.    

Thank you once again for your patience. 

Warm Regards, 

Community Admin.

Regarding the troubleshooting steps I urge you to at least not insult my intelligence, please.

I've owned my QC35 II for almost a year and a half (21 December 2017 manufacturing date), went through multiple firmware updates and had no reason to create a user on this forum until a few days ago.

After all the firmware updates I went through, you are telling me I suddenly had the urge to google "bose qc35 II 4.5.2 issues" after this specific one in particular? What is your basis on this?

Regarding the support best handled directly, there is no official Bose presence in my country (Romania), only an authorised reseller. What "direct support" can the reseller provide me when even your engineers claim there is no issue to begin with?

The only thing they can do is say that the "defect has not occurred" or, best case scenario, provide me with a new pair.

What shall I do with the new pair then? Hope it doesn't come with a messed-up firmware and make sure I never update the firmware on it?

Can you state here and now that any new QC35 II pair will not suffer from the same problems this firmware caused? (which would be a bit odd since, again, you claim there is no problem to begin with...)

Please help me make sense of this situation as the only viable option for me at the moment is to just sell these headphones and never look back...

What makes it even worse for your company is that I had already decided to buy the new 700 headphones as soon as they are released in my country, but seriously reconsidering that as I don't want to go through having my intelligence questioned and getting stuck with a broken product after paying a PREMIUM price for it.

I expected this for the entry level market, but not for a ~400 Euro product at the date of purchase...

Screenshot_20190626-133113_Bose Connect.jpg

BoseUserNL
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Dear Bose,

I just created an account as well to report this issue from the Netherlands. I have my headphones since nov/dec 2018 and experienced no issues untill the last update to 4.5.2 which I installed today. Previous updates were fine but since the last update the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) significantly decreased unfortunately.

I updated the app through the iPhone app which gave an error message after finalizing the installation, and after that it told me the update was succesfully completed. The ANC decreased so I read this forum, after which I tried the manual update and reset as recommended. However the ANC is still significantly less than before. Hope this info helps in any further investigation since this last firmware update makes the Bose QC35 II not worth the money anymore.

I honestly hope that you guys can come up with a firmware update to get the noise cancellation back to the original level. Otherwise I would recommend the Sony headset for other users, which would be a shame since I'm definitely a Bose fan...

rhysster974
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Bose if you are not going to listen to us we will make you. We are all loyal customers to the brand but never before in my life have I had such poor service and been not believed yet hundreds have complained and hundreds more will. I have written to my national newspaper and will going to citizens advice to here what they can do. Bose you will listen or will become bankrupt due to lack of customers.
Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

My last message got deleted so I'll do a quick summary-

@Community_Admin - you will address all of this asap.

We pay for your products and we keep you in a job.

How dare you insult our intelligence and suggest we don't know what we're talking about.

I bet since this update you've had more people join this forum to complain and what do you say about that? All liars.

We pay for these products because we loved how they performed at the time of purchase- we do not pay for downgrades to try and force us onto another series of headphones.

Have my headphones picked up and investigate them as quick as you can- they are absolutely useless in current state.

Fiio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Threatening is wasting your time folks. Bose have always sold overpriced junk and its never been a problem for their bottom line. 

If we're lucky theyll fix it, if not they wont. Make yourself heard but throwing threats around will just cause the CSRs to ignore you.