jason101
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

See this is the sort of mistake that worries me about Bose quality control.

How difficult is it to get an accurate firmware code from the hardware and have the updater report it accurately?

This should be binary digital info, not something that can be mixed up easily.

If Bose did street addresses, our house would change number ever time I left it.

Serj
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Kiefer wrote:

Also tried the bose update website. It showed I was running v2.0.1 while the bose connect app showed v4.5.2.

After updating via the website, version shown is now v4.5.2.

However ANC problems still exist. It seems to be higher frequency noises (voices, keyboards, etc.) that are no longer masked relative to before the initial v4.5.2 update from the bose connect app.

That's exactly how it happend on my QC 35s I. The first update, via the mobile app killed half the ANC, and the second one, made via browser, nailed it. Also had the same wrong firmware version displayed when I connected via web browser on my PC. This is a huge disaster. Shame on you, Bose.

Wyspr
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

@Serj wrote:

@Kiefer wrote:

Also tried the bose update website. It showed I was running v2.0.1 while the bose connect app showed v4.5.2.

After updating via the website, version shown is now v4.5.2.

However ANC problems still exist. It seems to be higher frequency noises (voices, keyboards, etc.) that are no longer masked relative to before the initial v4.5.2 update from the bose connect app.

That's exactly how it happend on my QC 35s I. The first update, via the mobile app killed half the ANC, and the second one, made via browser, nailed it. Also had the same wrong firmware version displayed when I connected via web browser on my PC. This is a huge disaster. Shame on you, Bose.

Same thing here on my QC35 II, higher frequency noises (voices, keyboards, etc.) are substantially less masked than they were before.

Or maybe not that they are less masked, but that they are somehow more enhanced now...

I know these NC headphones are by nature more prone to allowing high frequency noises to go through, but still...worse than before the update. Not even a bit of muffling, whole sound goes through...

jason101
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Not sure if my physics is up to scratch but if they get the algorithm wrong, they could actually end up amplifying external sound?

Benjim
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

@jason101 wrote:

Not sure if my physics is up to scratch but if they get the algorithm wrong, they could actually end up amplifying external sound?

If you see my post a few posts up; that's seemingly exactly what I experienced towards the end of the updating/failed updating process from the Bose Connect app (from version 4.13 to 4.5.2) - I distinctly remember hearing sounds actually *amplified*, was very strange.

sumedhalbe
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I am facing the same issue. The new firmware (4.5.2) has destroyed the high level ANC on my QC 35 ii. There is no difference between high and low level ANC as of now. 

I hope bose will take some action soon. Thanks a lot. 

Regards, 

Sumedh Halbe. 

polar775
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

royial
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Qc35 - issue with the app

Hi,

Since I upgraded to the latest firmware on my qc35 headsets, when I'm choosing low noice cancelation in the android app, it's 100% the same as high.
Is there a fix for this? Is it firmware issue or app? The level is the same between low and high.

Tried it both on my android and my wife phone and it's still the same. Seems it started to happen since I updraded from version 2 to version 3 (firmware). Can you please check? 

Thanks!

mcdmcd
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

I have the same problem with the ANC after updating to 4.5.2 too. Now my 4 month-old headphones are more less useless.

I tried updating again via BTU but it did nothing.

Very disappointed with how the company is (intentionally) ignoring the problem. This is the first and probably the last Bose product I have ever purchased.

I'm disgusted.

Paul_B
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

The Updater App definitely shows the wrong firmware.

I just upgraded to 4.5.2 via the Bose Connect app. Updater tells me I am running 4.1.3 which cannot be correct as all of the AR stuff introduced in 4.3.6 has always been present for me.

There is an option to choose the firmware version through the bose updater.

@Charlotte_G- Would it be possible to upload the last few minor versions of the firmware? So everything from 4.x.y and make it available to download through the updater app?

I am pretty sure that this would fix mine and a lot of other people's issues.

I hope that this issue is already a user story on their backlog for the current sprint. They can either fix the bug they created in the latest update or they can provide us with the functionality to downgrade the products ourselves. If there is no proper response within the next 6 days, I will have to get a full refund on my headphones. 

Also, please refrain from telling us to make sure our headphones are on. We are not stupid. @Community_Admin 

Kind regards,

Paul

Please like if you have the same issue. Do not post the same reply again, give the admins and mods some air to reply.