rudabb
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I have 3 sets and ordered the 700(pre order)..I think I will cancel cause something is completely off. One of the sets is qc35 which I upgraded to 3.0.3..and although I have not tried outside they seem now to have the same issue..you notice mostly travelling and in cars(basically busy environment which is what they are intended for)

I am seriously wondering if there is something medical regarding active noise cancelation technology ,like a health hazard, that bose has figured out and are trying to Jump the gun..sounds silly and far-fetched. But two reasons for my reasoning.

1)The obvious stone-walling, denial AND the fact that rolling back firmware was disabled.

2) I understood that Sony wh-1000xm3 owners are having similar complaints with their upgrade? Google it.(4.1.1 update)

It's just completely weird that both companies have the same complaint.
mcdmcd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

I doubt it would be true. Moreover, the Sony owners have an unofficial but working way to downgrade back to firmware 2.0.0, restoring the ANC , while Bose straight up denies our right to downgrade. 

fcapellini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Hi Moderator,

I would like to understand why, even with so many users complaining of issues related to this firmware version, Bose still informs us that there is an update to the QC35 II...

Don´t you think it´s better to remove this update while BOSE fixes the issues with it? I don´t think it´s a coincidence that so many users are complaining about the same things.

I won´t be updating my headphones until I´m getting an update from the users in this forum that the issue has been fixed.

What astonishes me is that a company that sells itself as being a top quality brand, let´s this kind of issue undetected by Quality Control team...

John9111
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

I amcoming back to mention that I thought a soft reset had fixed the ANC issue, but I tested these out at home and I could hear everything through them, radios and air rushing. Now that I am back in the office I can hear all the conversations around me exactly as if I was not wearing the headphones. There is a slight change in tone from the air vent but it is definitely still there.

I have a second pair of QC35 ii at home that have not been updated. I will try those later today to confirm but I know the ANC has been nerfed pretty much completely with firmware 4.5.2.
star182
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Rtings reduced their headphone ANC score due to the latest update:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35-ii-qc35-ii-wireless-2018
royial
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

I guess they should also change for qc35i.
xycui
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

@Charlotte_G anyone is working on this issue?

Cedricvd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I’ve been a happy user of my QC35 1 for years now. Today on the train I notice the 3.0.3 update, and I install it. Immediately after the ANC quality drops dramatically, I could hear the train, the people around me, the announcements, I take this train every day and I could never hear these things before. I never even thought about visiting these Bose forums before but the difference was so obvious that it drove me here. I hope Bose responds quickly and that they just re-release an older firmware as 3.0.4 in the meantime to tide us over. These headphones are now essentially useless to me.
Highlighted
silvetti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2017

Blows my mind how you can break a key feature of your produt and then wait more than 2 weeks to fix.

Just roll  back the firmware, not sure what you are waiting for?

This seems like a rehash of the previous issue with connectivity which cause you to allow customers to return headphones.

Is anyone making decisions in Bose? Or the execs are all sleeping? Sony new headphones are looking pretty nice right now...

rudabb
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Thats so strange,

Im off the highway right now testing my qc35 with 3.0.3 to see if they have become like my other 2 QC35 II, and indeed, I can hear eveything..its like there are some things being cancelled, but all the "high frequencies" like cars, trains etc, go through without filtering.

In my case it makes a difference on the app between low and high settings. low being almost non-existant ANC and high being really weak and low ANC.

Basically all 3 units are the same now and rendered useless for my use(travel outside etc) and I know thatI am not crazy or imagining.  I never post or bother posting but I thought I was imagining things then I researched, and oh lord, I was not the only one.

Thanks

🙂