I have been reading myself all the issues about ANC on the QC35ii and also the various posts about issues and missing features regarding the 700. So my current observations:
1. The ANC issue is not perception, it is real.
2. We have heard absolutely no responses from moderators here in the last two weeks.
3. The only thing we know is that Bose continues to claim no changes to ANC in the last two firmware releases.
4. Bose has not budged on their policy not to offer downgrades.
5. That Bose is not publically claiming ownership of the problem does not imply they are not looking at it or even working on fixing it.
6. We have no reason to believe Bose will offer downgrades anytime soon
7. Our requests with deadlines will fall on deaf ears. Bose operates on their time schedules and not ours.
8. We may hear significant changes in ANC with the next firmware release, but the average timeframe between releases has been 3 to 6 months. If that pattern continues we will not get anything until Sept to Dec.
9. If Bose patterns continue, the release will not describe the changes and we will have to subjectively test it to determine if we hear improved ANC
10. The 700 is itself 'suffering' from rollout issues and limitations. We have already learnt here that some (we don't know how many) of the QC35's features, like music sharing, are missing on the 700. Some reported problems here persist even with the latest firmware update. So I am not personally convinced there is any connection whatsoever between the QC35ii issues and the 700 release.
11. We don't yet know (and we don't know if Bose itself knows), the root cause(s) of the QC35ii ANC problems/issues - is it in the firmware or the upgrade process or both.
12. Since ANC is subjective and to certain extent, 'perception', we don't know if all the upgraded QC35ii's have the issue and those who say they don't are mis-pecercepting OR some have issues and others do not.
13. Again - we are posting a lot in here asking for Bose to say or do something, but are not getting any responses from Bose. My personal 'guess' is that (a) the Moderators really have nothing more to say and/or (b) the Moderators may have been asked to keep a low/lower profile on this issue to minimize debates/arguments (imho).
Jun 28, 2019
Jun 26, 2019
Well...might as well try to make this thread the most viewed and most replied to in this community and increase its visibility on the internet.
What I hope this will achieve is for potential customers to see what current ones are going through and factor this into their buying decision.
Otherwise, I feel I would just be mocking the companies that at least try to provide answers to their community, not go full-out radio silence after providing a first, highly superficial, verdict.
For those of you who don't read all the posts, you may not know that the ANC issue is not just specific to the QC35ii, the 3.0.3 firmware upgrade seems to have generated ANC concerns for the QC35i's as well. Yesterday, the moderators responded in that post about what they are doing. I am not sure if they are looking at just QC35i units or also QC35ii's (they should if they haven't though I guess they have 🙂 ).
Anyhow, as you can see in the response, they plan on updating the readers of that post (the QC35i's) in THIS POST. So we need to 'stay tuned'.....
Jul 2, 2019
This still does not explain the radio silence in this thread, nor hte fact that none of the users would have come to this forum nless they felt that something is off after the update. The fact that there was no change to ANC code is not convincing at all, I just cannot accept it that no one at Bose can reproduce the problem. And even if they do, the least they can do is to offer ways to progress this investigation in any way possilbe since there are bunch of unrelated customers compaining in this forum and new ones are checking in every day.
Please RESPOND. Tnx.
Jul 2, 2019
Jul 2, 2019
Jul 2, 2019
I am having the same issue after the Bose+ App on my iPhone prompted an update on my Bose's QC35ii Headphones Firmware to v4.5.2
Like all of you, I am still waiting to hear from Bose about what is going on and how they will solve this!
>Like all of you, I am still waiting to hear from Bose about what is going on and how they will solve this!
I have been around this forum regularly since last Fall and the interaction we expect here is not what actually happens.
1. Bose moderators may thank you for sharing your ANC issues with them and tell you they will elevate it to engineering for further review. That is your best case scenario, imho.
2. If you are waiting to hear anything else, you'll be waiting for a while. Bose has NOT commented on what engineering is looking at, what it's status is or when to expect a fix - not that I can recollect on any issue in 2019.
3. The moderators here are either kept in the dark or told not to share. We'll never know which. In any case, we only find out what gets fixed when firmware comes out and we test (since the release notes do say what's changed).
4. Again, Bose will not tell us how they fixed things and what they actually fixed even with new firmware
5. firmware came out in Mar and Jun this year. If the pattern continues, we won't get another firmware until Sep.
6. Bose continues to say that the last two firmware releases made no changes to ANC. So we will not know if the next firmware makes any ANC changes until it comes out.