Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Zoe_C @Charlotte_G @Community_Admin 

Can we get an update? Clearly you've made many many people unhappy.

muletail
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I have the same observation. ANC works worse. If no comments come from BOSE soon my next headphones would be from other well known brand (you know it).

fcapellini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Ok. It simply seems that BOSE doesn´t care, even to give us a simply update like: we are checking the issue, or something like that.

Does any of you know what else we can do for this issue to be checked, or for BOSE to pay attention to this?

I´ve had issues with other brands in the past, and honestly, they at least had the respect of answering to my questions. And I don´t get how BOSE wants to keep a position of high quality brand, if they don´t care about their customers.

It´s a SHAME.

mseals1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Bose is actively looking into this issue. There has been MANY community admin replies throughout this entire thread. They shouldn't have to reply every single day saying the same thing. They have not gotten any word back from the Dev team yet. They are collecting data on the affected manfacturing dates and trying to find a solution as to what caused this problem many people are having.

I have been affected by this as well, and I'm in the process of claiming warranty and getting a replacement pair of headphones. Hopefully the new pair will be free of defects in ANC.

Brutus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Seems as though you wouldn't have updated the 3rd set. Call me wacky.
Brutus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Seems as though you wouldn't have updated the 3rd pair. Maybe I'm just wacky.
mseals1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

@Brutus wrote:
Seems as though you wouldn't have updated the 3rd pair. Maybe I'm just wacky.

I'm not sure if you are talking to me, but I've only ever owned one pair of Bose headphones before, so I'm not sure where the three pairs came from. Once I updated to 4.5.2, I noticed an awfully degraded ANC right away, so I contacted bose support, sent my pair in, and I'm waiting on the new pair to be shipped back to me.

m1sterd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Its really important to note, some people are only just having this issue recently, but some of us have had the issue since some of the early firmware updates, for me that was back in August kast year (2018), and BOSE does not aknowledge the issue, as far as they are concerned their engineers say the ANC part of the firmware has not been udpated. So importnantly BOSE has known about this for many, many months, not just a few weeks, see one of my earlier posts (https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Thank-you-Bose-for-QC35-II-3-1-8-Firmware/m-p/13978...)

Highlighted
m1sterd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

I personally have been complaining of this issue for well over 10 months and I have no way of returning my headphones under warranty (unless BOSE want to replace them directly for me for all the inconvenience I have had by the much reduced ANC since the early firmware updates), therefore I DO feel that BOSE should be acknowledging the issue and giving us priority feddback on a daily basis, if not weekly. I am guessing you have only just starting having this issue and so you dont see the rush, but like I say, I have been commenting on the issue for over 10 months and am getting a little fed up of being ignored, so I do want feedback regularly now until the issue is resolved.

And the majority of the ADMIN replies are saying that they have spoken to the engineers and the engineers say the firmware hasnt altered the ANC.

royial
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

@m1sterd wrote:

I personally have been complaining of this issue for well over 10 months and I have no way of returning my headphones under warranty (unless BOSE want to replace them directly for me for all the inconvenience I have had by the much reduced ANC since the early firmware updates), therefore I DO feel that BOSE should be acknowledging the issue and giving us priority feddback on a daily basis, if not weekly. I am guessing you have only just starting having this issue and so you dont see the rush, but like I say, I have been commenting on the issue for over 10 months and am getting a little fed up of being ignored, so I do want feedback regularly now until the issue is resolved.

And the majority of the ADMIN replies are saying that they have spoken to the engineers and the engineers say the firmware hasnt altered the ANC.

You're right! Same here! started few months ago to be less good (QC35i). Please Bose - let us go to the original firmware I bought the headsets and i'll be happy as it was good when I purchased it a year and a half ago... PLEASE! It'll be on own risk. I also can't forgive myself why I decided to upgrade firmware for nothing. Now the headsets are useless.