Gresch42
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

They are handling this the same way that they handled the over-sensitive mic problem. No reason to expect anything different. 

iKarenSM
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Look what Bose service respond to my tweet
“I hear you Karen. I empathize with your situation, however, I cannot personally change or fix this situation.

We have been unable to replicate the issue with the samples provided but this is an ongoing investigation and we are continuing to test samples to find a resolution for this.

Your patience is greatly appreciated and I would recommend checking in with the Bose Community Forums for updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,
Charlotte
Wzhandrew
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Just that one response and update is worth so much. Perfect - thanks for sharing this.
crazycage
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

The QC35 ii is my first BOSE product I've owned, and I just got it end of May this year. The manufacturing date in my Bose app shows March 2019 so its a pretty fresh build.

I don't recall what versions of firmware I had before this 4.5.2 but I know I had only 2 updates since I got the headphones around end of may, 2nd being 4.5.2. I could definitely tell a difference with the ANC after the most recent update, although its also still working to some extent. 

My test case: Stood beside my running furnace with no music playing, and as I toggled between High, Low and Off, I could definitely tell each mode was different as I listened to the furnance hum along consistently. THEN, I started snapping my fingers, while toggling the different modes and noticed that it didn't filter that noise out AT ALL, but it did for the furnace low end sound. I could also hear my kids voices in the background a room away, although it was a bit lower and hard to make out what they were saying, when before I could hardly hear any voices, next to nothing.

If it helps any, personally, I also feel the issues with the firmware lie more with the high frequencies and/or sudden sharp sounds, as others have mentioned already, although everything must have been affected since I'm not feeling as much "pressure" on my ears anymore while ANC is on (also mentioned by others).

Anyways, of course it figures this happens once I actually decide to fork out the money for the headphones. Good impressions at first, but now this soon after?? I'm quite annoyed...

Allowing users to manually flash older firmware versions should be easy enough for you to implement to keep your customer base happy in times like this. That way at least we can have a 100% working as expected product until firmware updates are confirmed as successful and ready for install. Other companys like Google do it for products like Android builds all the time, and that's only one example of course. I'd rather go back a few updates any day than be stuck with a bad feeling of paying for less of a product than I JUST had in my hands literally a month ago...

I'm sure you're "on it" but I just wanted to leave my feedback too. Hope it helps any.

merutz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Made an account just for this situation.

I've had the headphones for over an year. The ANC IS NO LONGER WORKING the same way it was before the firmware upgrade.

I'd really like to think this wasn't done on purpose with the 700s launch, because if that is the case, this is easily my last Bose product.

We're clearly not getting a premium for our money's worth, especially now that the competition is cheaper and actually working AS INTENDED.

Jeff_G

Hello all,

We have been monitoring the escalation of this issue closely and can confirm that as we have been unable to replicate the issue, we reached out to multiple members of the community last week to return their headphones to our quality and development team to help aid the investigation. Unfortunately, as of now, only one set of QuietComfort 35 II has been sent in. This was received yesterday.

We would implore anyone who had a return booked for quality investigations to ship their headphones as soon as is conveniently possible to ensure the full investigations can take place.

As moderators, my colleagues and I want to ensure you all have the best experience with your Bose product as possible. This reported issue is a top priority for us and we want to provide you with answers.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Specter26
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Hello Jeff,
I encounter same issue with my QC35 ii, after the update the ANC quality is very poor and I do not have the posibility to send it from my country (Romania). Best thing you can do is to give us the chance to choose if we want to roll back to the previous firmeware which was actually working.
Arzo
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Thank you for getting back to us.
Best regards
rmncmatos
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Hi @Jeff_G  ,

Thank you for your reply to us.

I purchased this headset on Sunday and received it yesterday.

When i received it the ANC was amazing and it really blew my mind as I was using it.

Later i saw that I had a firmware update for the Headset and proceed to update it, and after the update the difference was enormous, i actually thought that something went wrong with the update for some reason and that's when i dicovered this thread, and saw all these people complaining with the same issue as I faced..

I live in Portugal and if necessary i can send my Headset in order to perdorm the tests, I just need to know where to send them.

Thank you!

royial
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Same here. I had an issue with qc35i once I upgraded the firmware few months ago. Previously it worked perfect. Let me know where to ship it and I'll do so because currently it's waste of $350. The anc is pure.
Please in the meanwhile, let us go back to the original firmware. See how many people in this thread has the issue. This is insane.