piollo
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I've just tried doing that but there is only one firmware option to chose from, the latest one, which is 4.5.2 😞

Cedricvd
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Can you believe these guys? “We have seen cases where installing older versions of firmware can create unexpected behavior in a product and negatively impact or reduce functionality.”

Well WE have ALL seen cases where upgrading the firmware causes unexpected behavior in a product that has negatively impacted and reduced functionality, many more cases than with downgrading in fact, so if you apply your logic with any kind of consistency you should allow everyone to downgrade to a version that actually offers basic functionality.
Alm4096
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

@Serj

**bleep**, that sucks.
rudabb
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

before you ask me (us),

I tried many times to reset.  To no avail.  If there is anything worse than a no-reply, it is a generic cut and paste reply that is posted on every post regarding this subject.  Trust me, we don't want to spend time discussing headphones on forums for days on end unless we truly genuinely believe something is wrong and we love(d) our product.  Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that out of the hundreds people who have complained and have been asked to return their headphones for testing, ONLY ONE set of headphones was actually returned and it was fine?  Im starting to believe in Santa Clause. 

To top it all, when you say that rolling back firmware is not a generally accepted practice is a complete mis-statement especially that we are left sitting with semi bricked headphones...It would be only dignified on behalf of Bose to take this issue seriously, and show some care by actually giving the option to roll back as an immediate solution.  The BOSE technician in my part of the world aknowledged the issue, and said to wait 2 weeks for a new update....but I think he's just following forums. 

By the way this applies to qc 35 and qc35II, and not the latest update, even the one before.

PLease Bose, you are a great company and your service has been flawless..but on this, the ball was dropped in a big way.

Unacceptable.

rhysster974
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Can everyone that had sent their headphones in to be tested reply to this post from and in then future? This way we can let the admins know how many people have sent there’s back for testing. Also admins as I’m from the UK would I be eligible to send mine in?
obahy
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I will return my QC35 ii manufactured in March 2019 if you send me Bose 700 for the replacement. It has this issue. Please reply.
Semicoln
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

I’m returning (to the store as defective) my 2 week old QC35ii that I absolutely loved for a day before I stupidly installed the Bose app on my phone and had the firmware updated. I refuse to wait around for this to be fixed.
rattanapron848@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

merutz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

@Jeff_G I am willing to send my headphones for study.

Please PM me if you agree to let me know the address where I should send the headphones.

Arzo
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I have already sent mine in and they recieved it 2 days ago.
Come on guys just contact Bose in your County and tell them about this issue. They will replace your headphones straight away. Im getting mine today.
They need our headphones so they can locate and fix this issue.