Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Lol he's not wrong, someone has already dumped an older version of the firmware. Everything he said about version control systems and rolling back an update is perfectly valid. Why Bose hasn't offered to roll back the update already and give users more control over what firmware they're running is confusing to say the least...

Software devs will understand the version control system stuff and the firmware stuff is just common sense (and a modern solution to avoid bricking countless devices through failed firmware updates).

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Where can we find a tutorial to see how to roll back the firmware? 

@davinderc wrote:

Lol he's not wrong, someone has already dumped an older version of the firmware. Everything he said about version control systems and rolling back an update is perfectly valid. Why Bose hasn't offered to roll back the update already and give users more control over what firmware they're running is confusing to say the least...

Software devs will understand the version control system stuff and the firmware stuff is just common sense (and a modern solution to avoid bricking countless devices through failed firmware updates).

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

I'm not sure you're going to find such a tutorial @Specter26 . I'm guessing that breaks the T & C you agree to when you buy/start using the product, so no engineer with know-how is going to post that online and then get caned for it.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Hi again, 

I'm really disappointed about German Support. 

They deleted my comment with the link to the online pedition. Why?

It should as well in interest for Bose how much people has problems with the new firmware. 

Are we all crazy? 

Why did we payed for a product and like to have the feature (back) what we we have payed for not more... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

No different than when Apple got caught slowing down their iPhones whenever a new model came out.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I too have deteriorated ANC after the 4.5.2 update. Tried reset, re-downloaded firmware, no good. PLEASE BOSE FIX THIS!  Sad that Bose is dragging thier heels and treating folks this way. I even had gotten the custom colors and waited months for this headset. With this type of service, I went with Sony rather than the new 700 for my wife’s birthday gift. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I'm so glad I read this before updating. I still have the firmware 4.6.2 thank God. ANC is still good. I hope they fix this soon. I will be abstaining from logging on the all till further notice.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

you cannot have 4.6.2 when 4.5.2 is the latest update...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hi. I Have just made an account to post here. I dont know what changes they have made but my ANC is terrible. What also is strange is that now I cant use high ANC as its amplifing the wind noise above the music.

I have used these headphones for over 18 months and all has been well. I am just not sure whether its firmware or they appear to have broken at the same time.

Chris

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

A reddit page has been created with more info about the ANC, this includes links that might be helpful. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/caehn8/why_does_no_one_seem_to_care_that_bose_nerfed/