Ozcan
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@joelirwin 

I personally did my best and find amazon as the most international and most visible place. 

I wrote everything I faced  as a review and give the adress of community. 

This is the only pin that can hurt them as far as I can think of. My intent is not to hurt a company but their boss should see ratings and say `what is going on` 

Ozcan
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

@gravax 

my methodology 

when kids sleep I put the dirty lunch dishes to dishwasher and the AC was on I have a report to write I began to type and put the QC 35ii (before update) with no connecton to anywhere just to keep silent.

and I hear nothing....

after update kids sleep diswasher on I have a report my headphones are on and I hear my own typing ...

other methodology 

I began to take headphones off befoe going to sleep because I cannot hear those darn mosquitos fly by and they eat me alive  

yesterday after update  a mosquito fly by while my headphone was on. I felt like that darn think upgraded itself with a jet engine. howcome an ANC system can make that sound higher than usual.... 

so I really dont give a if a site gives eleventeen point  fifty whaever score for a sculp model whatever it is made of... I just want someone to fix their mistake who earns their money from what i pay for 

I paid 300 something dollar for that thing to cut the ambient noise. and I was happy. and now I did not cahnge anything and I am not happy. 

[Moderator edit]

msakhrani
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

@gravax

It's great that you don't have issues... But I don't picture people take the time to write what they are experiencing..

It's insulting that you would just suppose that it is a placebo effect.. When I first got my headphones I would be unable to hear my surroundings... I would work in peace.. Now I hear it all... 

All these people have a right to make complaints if their headphones do not work as expected.. Even out of warranty period. 

Bose in the least should provide a daily status update so we are reassured that they are on it.. I work in customer experience.. It will go a long way... 

xycui
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

@joelirwin wrote:

@xycui 

>Anyone has a good idea for a better place which is more public and impact to escalate this issue? (press, publishing, etc)

I have mentioned it in the forum before.  While Bose is a privately held company, it should still be easy to find out the names of the senior executives and the internal Bose email naming syntax so that you can email the CEO or the VP of support.  I did this some years ago with an issue I had with a rental car company.  They won't read it - probably their admins will.  Some companies have a person or a group which handles customer issues and other companies just pass the email down from above.  In any case, this might get more attention.....

I also think they might not read the email personally. I have written several emails to Youtube KOLs last weekend. And to CEO today. No reply from KOLs till now. Just want to get more people involved. 

xycui
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Comments are deleted again. Maybe it is a not good place for your petition @rhysster974 

And please...

Solve the problem.

Not 'solve' the guy who raises the problem.

AHMAD AMER
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

@Charlotte_G 

I have purchased my headset from an online retailer on 8.6.2019
after the update the ANC has been reduced by half.. I took the headsets to BOSE official store in Abu Dhabi,UAE who said that they cant return or exchange the unit as it is not purchased from them!
I spoke to the online retailer and their customer service said its Bose fault and should be returned to BOSE. Now everyone is denying responsibility and me as a customer is lost with a unit that has a detorieated performance.

Can you please find a solution?

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello Arzo,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Could you please confirm which firmware version you have? 

If possible, any screenshots from the Bose Connect App would be helpful.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

JAnOSC
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

What the HELL is going on?!

This issue has been going on for SO LONG, and Bose won't do the slightest thing about it?! Some people DEPEND on this technology, and yet, Bose, supposedly the best company out there, is incapable of providing a working device - even worse, cannot even comment about how bad they are, not being able to fix the issue, provide information, or simply be honest about it.

I want to buy a ANC headset. I look into the newest Bose NC 700 only to find reviews questioning the relevancy of this newer model. I used to have a QC35ii and I wanted to buy one back, but looking at the reviews after firmware update, there is not a single chance I'm putting any cent in any Bose device.

What's wrong with you Bose? what's your strategy here? I recognize that the Sony WH1000XM3 may not be my favorite one for many reasons, but you can be sure that this is where my money will go.

JpRHP
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

My headphones were still under warranty. I sent them in for a free replacement. I am hoping the one I get are either already updated and working properly or not updated and working properly. If the case is the later I will be just as happy. The whole process is supposed to take about 2 weeks before I get a new set. While there would be some irony to it if Bose actually fixes the issue before I receive my replacement, I am guessing Bose won’t have a fix by then. I’ll let  everyone know if the replacement works properly when I get it. 

mseals1
Collaborator
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I'm supposed to receive my replacements today after work. I'll make sure to update everyone tomorrow after I test the new ones out at work where I have the most background noise to drown out.

SoundsGoodMan
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Thank you @JpRHP, @mseals1, and everyone else who has gone through the exchange process so far. I'm still holding out hope that Bose engineers figure out the issue (and hopefully don't think it's all in our heads). Perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but this issue has been gaining traction so we'll see what happens. Depending on how long this takes I may do an exchange as well, but I'm not quite at that point yet. Also, last week I reached out to the moderators to offer to send mine in for testing but was informed they don't need any more.