Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Animated Arbiter

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I was one of the people that the moderators reached out to. My headset was very very clearly messed up after the update and reset. The exchange process is going to take 14 days in total, so 2 weeks. If the new headset is completely fixed, then it'll be well worth it. The key word is IF, haha.

Friendly Fanatic

Almost 4 weeks .. Here in Portugal the support of Bose is non-existent. I tried to tell the store where I bought the qc35ii that the ANC does not work as is supposed, and I found it useless because they said it still cancels the noise and they advised me that they can send them back to Bose, but probably nobody would find any flaw, and would send me back doing nothing, so I would just be wasting my time.

I'm losing hope. I will try to sell them with a good discount and buy a new pair of sony. I think they should have better support than what we are having

Animated Arbiter

Once again. The support from Bose is one of the best ive seen. I got my headphones replaced twice without any questions. After starting this thread and seeing how people write i can understand why Bose dont offer the downgrade option. Because they dont trust people, and neither would I if I had my own company. Downgrading the headphones my cause a bricked unit if not done properly. They would have alot of people returning their headphones and this would not be a good business for Bose.

I hope they fix this fast and give us a new firmware instead.

Thank you Bose for a great service even though you dont give us any answers here because of your policys. 

Friendly Fanatic

@Arzothey don't have to downgrade. they could rerelease the previous firmware under a new version number and everything would be fine...

also, the "bricking" you're referring to only happens in older systems that copy firmware over and overwrite previous firmware. This doesn't happen here because the existing firmware doesn't get deleted until the newly installed one is successfully copied over

Wistful Whiz

@JAnOSC 

>This issue has been going on for SO LONG, and Bose won't do the slightest thing about it?
The fact that all we have heard is the moderators saying they are passing it on DOES NOT mean that Bose is not doing anything about it.  Now it is possible they will change their previous behaviors here but based on the last 12 to 18 months that I have watched here, the simple fact is that Bose will not make comments about an ongoing investigation. PERIOD.  I don't like it either but that has been their behavior.  But I have talked to them offline occasionally (not just the support people on the official phone line) and if history is an indicator (i.e., based on the other major issue where the QC35i keeps turning itself on), I am certain Bose is working the issue and has been working the issue for some time.  Again, they just won't keep us in the loop - that is their policy, culture, whatever you want to call it.  We (and probably I'm guess the moderators), will not find out anything concern what has or has not been done until the next firmware release and then we will have to 'test' as Bose does not detail the changes in release notes.  There have been two firmware releases for the QC35ii this year so far - Mar and June.  So what does that say about a likely next firmware update - keeping in mind that Bose makes changes to many things at once - not just the issue we want them to work on.  Changes and testing take some time.

Friendly Fanatic

@joelirwin Maybe they'll get to change their communication policy after they lost all their clients Smiley Happy Communication is KEY. Don't we learn that first? Anyway, just bought a Sony, and I'm not even mad about it.

Wistful Whiz

@JAnOSC 

We are a strong and vibrant community but I suspect that we represent a tiny fraction of the over customer/user population.  They could lose everyone who has ever lurked in the community and I suspect that would have a very small impact.  They could be 'alternatives' that have been discussed by those in this forum which could provide great impact and visibility than merely not buy Bose products in the future, but I just wonder if that will create change in the Bose methodology of interacting with its customers in a way different from their current approach.

If it were my company, I would make customer service and communication a high priority.  I would believe that the customer in addition to the products would be key in the promotion and fostering of the Bose brand.  I for one am a long time customer - my first Bose products - a pair of 701 floor standing speakers which I purchased in the mid-1990s are still in use with my home theater system.  For me, it would take more than an ANC issue or a pair of speakers (the QC35i which I exchanged because it kept turning on) tokeep me from purchasing Bose in the future.  And while I have quite a bit of Bose, I don't get everything and do not plan on getting a 700 at this time, for example.

Keep in mind that Bose is not a public company and does not answer to stock holders - it answers to a smaller number of people imho.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I opened account just so I could share my 2 cents.

I received headphones as a gift and was using it for couple of months without any issue while studying and working on the project.

When I recently opened Bose Connect app on IPhone, firmware update 4.5.2 kicked in without my approval (which haven’t happened before) and by the time I realized what is going on I ended up with a ANC performance that was on par with TaoTronic TT-BH060 ($50 Bose knock off headphones that is being sold on Amazon).

I immediately knew something is wrong as no restart or resets could restore ANC prior power. Instead I felt like headphones started to do quite opposite of what they were supposed to do, they were implyfying outside noises instead of cancelling them.

I called Bose customer service but was offered no help since I didn’t have proof of purchase (as I said earlier, they were a gift) even though I had them for only few month. After 3 more calls to customers service and being turned away every time, I sold those headphones for $60 to some guy who still believes in Bose trying to do a right thing and I went with Sony WH1000M3.

So here are my lessons.

1. Don’t accept gifts of Bose products without a receipt.

2. Don’t trust Bose to do a right thing just because it is a right thing to do.

3. Don’t believe the hype of excellent Bose customer service because it is nothing but such.

I will never ever consider Bose products even if given as a gift. And I will advertise everywhere to people to do the same thing.

Peace and good luck.

Wistful Whisperer

I have a ruined set of QC35ii that I purchased recently. I ended up buying the 700 because I knew the ANC works and the call quality being a nice bonus. I actually find that I prefer the feel of the lighter QC. I’m sure Bose will eventually fix it with software but I’ve sent the QC back because luckily I had the option. 

Audible Advocate

One day more without ANC in my QC35ii, after the last firmware update, and still no news from Bose. I would understand this on a USD50 headphones, but not in the best ones ( be supposed to). Not ungry, but upset