Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I reflashed the firmware on my QC35ii's using the web based BTU tool and the a, d, v, up arrow, down arrow 'trick' and its reverted the ANC to what I class as an acceptable leve similar to the 4.3 firmware levels of ANC (still not as good as pre 4.3 settings, but better than it was on the first 4.5.2 firmware upgrade of my 35's). High/low button makes a difference now too.

Tested on my friend at work who gets sick at the drop of a hat with ANC, and he is once again feeling queasy after a few seconds with the headphones on. On the first 4.5.2 firmware flash, he could wear the headphones with ANC on, without issue. 

Go figure...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@reevesc wrote:

I reflashed the firmware on my QC35ii's using the web based BTU tool and the a, d, v, up arrow, down arrow 'trick' and its reverted the ANC to what I class as an acceptable leve similar to the 4.3 firmware levels of ANC (still not as good as pre 4.3 settings, but better than it was on the first 4.5.2 firmware upgrade of my 35's). High/low button makes a difference now too.

Tested on my friend at work who gets sick at the drop of a hat with ANC, and he is once again feeling queasy after a few seconds with the headphones on. On the first 4.5.2 firmware flash, he could wear the headphones with ANC on, without issue. 

Go figure...

Looks like when some people did the update from the mobile phone, that update misbehaved (and they got all kinds of problems)... But when the update is done from the web interface, it does something better and headphones work well after.

Maybe also then explore for those who did the update:

1) Did your update result in a less functioning QC35II or did it result in a perfectly running headphone device?
ME > Perfectly running
2) Did you do the update from your phone or from the web BTU tool?
ME > From a phone
3) What model / OS phone do you have?
ME > Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Android 9.0

Maybe we can identify a pattern for misbehaving updates that can help BOSE fix it once and for all for those who do have the problem.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Thanks 

I have been, from the btu web page, trying to downgrade with the keys a, d, v, up arrow, down arrow 'trick'  and it seems for me doesn´t work anymore

Please, Can someone verify this combination of keys still works? Ho is it exactly the procedure do do this?

I miss so much the answer of an Bose moderator

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I have try again, I could reach the advanced mode but there is no option to downgrade anymore. in the dropdown meny, there is no more options then 4.5.2 (onli this last firmware version)

Moderator, are you there?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

There is NO downgrade option anymore. Read previous posts if you want to know why.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

1) Did your update result in a less functioning QC35II or did it result in a perfectly running headphone device?
ME > Perfectly running
ME > From a phone

I prefer this table 🙂

BTU | Phone | Manufactured | Type | Result | comment                                                            
            x               ????            ??        ok        Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Android 9.0

x       x              2017             35ii      bad      Update via Phone first

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

I have already reinstalled firmware 4.5.2 via PC... twice... But I can still hear the voice around me. I mean  4.5.2 definitely has noise cancellation. But not as powerful as before.

The previous one when I switch cancelation level to High. I can not hear any conversation with medium-low level volume over 1,2 meters around me.

But now I can hear the talking. It is like the behavior of Low-level cancelation of the previous firmware. 

There is still no reply from my emails to a lot of channels. It really makes me feel sick. And no more moderators' reply but more comments censoring to this thread. I just got a feeling of wasting time. Smiley Sad

Have done all the things I could do. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I just make a new test, comparing noise reduction with other headphones

A friend of mine have the Sony WH1000XM2

I do some test comparing both time ago. Then, from my pointo of view, I find the noise reduction little bit better on the Bose (the quality sound a bit, as well)

I just make a new comparation betwen them now, with firmware 4.5.2 in Bose. At this point I could observe that the Sony ANR is noticeable much better than the bose one. There is no comparision at all.

At this point, I can not even imagine how can be the comparation with Sony new model could be..

I do not dare to continue comparing, just to show a failure to Bose moderator. I dont know even if it will worth it...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@josch4711 wrote:

ME > Perfectly running
ME > From a phone

I prefer this table 🙂

BTU | Phone | Manufactured | Type | Result | comment                                                            
            x               ????            ??        ok        Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Android 9.0

x       x              2017             35ii      bad      Update via Phone first

But your table mentions that it's a 35II (which this thread is only about - so no point in specifying)... and doesn't specify which type of phone or OS version (which has an impact on the application used to do the phone update... not the same binary running on iPhone or Android).

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Hi Everyone, Just got a QC35 II as a gift.

Was super worried about the update, delayed it for a day, but then thought I should upgrade and be given new features if I am spending insane money on this.

Mine were running some 4.1.3. I connected it to the website (Bose update), and ran the update. Now I am on 4.5.2. My observations:

1) For me ANC still works, high, low, off has difference. Maybe the web update doesn't break it?

2) Surprisingly, I no longer feel the cabin pressure feel which I was feeling yesterday, but it is cutting off a lot of noise

3) Voice cancellation has gone down, conversations around me are clear! Before, they used to be muffled!

Off topic: I had soundlinks before, and they sound better! This one just has bass. mids and treble are gone!! I hope Bose fixes it for everyone whose ANC isnt working.