jarbose
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Just got the firmware update a couple of minutes ago and felt immediattly the difference.
Searched for the firmware and found this thread. 

I´m having exactly the same issues.

The sound of conversations around me used to be so well muted but now I hear all dialog with Noise cancelation in High.

Also the difference between low and high is nothing. It looks the same while previously I would definitly notice the difference.

BOSE please fix this ....don´t downgrade your Brand. Sony is just around the corner and the quality of your products was what made most people choose your brand.

timo0103
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Today i received my new headphones and they work perfectly like day 1.

Bose service was great. Fast and free return of my old headphones. wthin 3 days i received a brand new pair.

Iam not gonna update anymore untill bose provides a great update.

Happy customer again !

bluedevilpharmd
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

@timo0103 wrote:

Today i received my new headphones and they work perfectly like day 1.

Bose service was great. Fast and free return of my old headphones. wthin 3 days i received a brand new pair.

Iam not gonna update anymore untill bose provides a great update.

Happy customer again !

Did you get a tracking code? I sent mine back last week and have not heard anything.

reevesc
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

@gravax wrote:

@reevesc wrote:

I reflashed the firmware on my QC35ii's using the web based BTU tool and the a, d, v, up arrow, down arrow 'trick' and its reverted the ANC to what I class as an acceptable leve similar to the 4.3 firmware levels of ANC (still not as good as pre 4.3 settings, but better than it was on the first 4.5.2 firmware upgrade of my 35's). High/low button makes a difference now too.

Tested on my friend at work who gets sick at the drop of a hat with ANC, and he is once again feeling queasy after a few seconds with the headphones on. On the first 4.5.2 firmware flash, he could wear the headphones with ANC on, without issue. 

Go figure...

Looks like when some people did the update from the mobile phone, that update misbehaved (and they got all kinds of problems)... But when the update is done from the web interface, it does something better and headphones work well after.

Maybe also then explore for those who did the update:

1) Did your update result in a less functioning QC35II or did it result in a perfectly running headphone device?
ME > Perfectly running
2) Did you do the update from your phone or from the web BTU tool?
ME > From a phone
3) What model / OS phone do you have?
ME > Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Android 9.0

Maybe we can identify a pattern for misbehaving updates that can help BOSE fix it once and for all for those who do have the problem.

Note that I reflashed the firmware. It was already on 4.5.2 from the BTU/web updater (which was already on 4.5.2 from the stupid app auto updating). So in essence, i've flashed mine three times (app, BTU once, then BTU again using a, d, v, up arrow, down arrow and rechoosing 4.5.2).

MartydG
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

By Bose replacing the head phones is that BOSE accepting they F——led up with the new firmware down grade???  They appear to have set a precedent by replacement and one would expect legally obligated to replace all returns.......WOW

Used2BSilent
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Just registered to add my voice to the choir. ANC performance on 4.5.2 in much worse.

polhovskiy
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Same here. Before update I only saw people open their mouth. Now I can hear them...

BTW, I had a problem with update from mobile and then BTU showed that i was not on 4.5.2. I did flash 4.5.2 from BTU but it did not help.

Just want BOSE to resolve this.

royial
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Amazing. More than a week without a response ;(

We expect better communication, getting ETA etc. 

wanobi
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Hi All,

I've never updated my headphones after buying them a year or 2 ago.
Just curious if I should be avoiding performing any updates?

Surely Bose wouldn't release an update that makes a product worse than it was off the shelf? They can't be that incompetent right? A billion dollar company making such a monumental mistake that they are incapable of acknowledging or fixing? Does not sound possible.

renesdk
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I've had my QC 35 II for years now and the ANC has just deteriorated with every sigle firmware update.

They where awesome before firmware 2.5.1, then the ANC became worse, but was still somewhat acceptable.

Then came the 3.x.x firmware and ANC became worse and there started to be audible white noise in the headphones when ANC was active.

Then came the 4.3.x firmware and the white noise got louder, and no difference in ANC.

Forward to firmware 4.5.2. ANC is now really bad, and white noise have gotten even louder.

I gave up on the Bose support, because their only solutions where the reset (which for me have never worked/done anything), or having to send the headset to Bose, because they thought it was broken, eventhough I could direct them to multiple reports of exactly the same behaviour. The headset is not broken, your firmware is!

My QC 35 II's are now so old that they are out of warranty. Since I can't use them on my communte every day because the ANC is almost unusable I'll have to give my money to Sony soon.

It was a good run, until you started screwing the customers over with faulty firmware updates.

I'm personally not buying another Bose product after this.

QC 35 II was brilliant when the were released, until Bose started screwing with the ANC.