Ozcan
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Today I travelled to the PX ınsıde US base at Seoul

There were a BOSE representative I told him and made him try the uppdated my headphones and those ones at display.

He said what I have is normal and what it should be but he also added he can change it if I want to

ı wanted to change now new ones are in the firmware 4.1.whatsoever  I am happier that way.

I uninstalled the connect app. also uninstalled the firmware updater from computer. do not ever plan to use at all because I feel it will not be fixed but even go worse by the time.

When I try to write a warning to 700 buyers "beware when a newer product comes yours can be ruined as well" I realized amazon blocked the comment for not confirmed buys . I guess so many peaople think the same way I do.

Anyway as so many users this will be my very last bose product. I felt the same way when I bought the soundtouch 300 soundbar and realized it can only be connected to bose wireless and more than necessarily expensive subwoofer.  but still I loved to commute in silence and give it a go for QC35 ii . I was wrong . At  least I found a solution. happ about customer care . but yet this will be the last bose thing I will ever buy.

good luck bose and good luck rest of the community.

Ozcan
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

one final edition I realized that my previous ones were lacking bass really seriously.

maybe previous ones were faulty.

Semicoln
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Bose Music just pushed an update to my 700s. Luckily the ANC is intact. 

timo0103
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

@bluedevilpharmd wrote:

@timo0103 wrote:

Today i received my new headphones and they work perfectly like day 1.

Bose service was great. Fast and free return of my old headphones. wthin 3 days i received a brand new pair.

Iam not gonna update anymore untill bose provides a great update.

Happy customer again !

Did you get a tracking code? I sent mine back last week and have not heard anything.

Yes i did, and very fast.

Highlighted
beinahe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I've just signed in to report my problem aswell... updated via web updater to 4.5.2 and noise cancelling is unusable now.. the white noise is heavy.

I will get in touch with the bose support on monday. Hopefully they will send me a new pair with the old software.. 

Snoopy-Dog
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

How to get this replaced. It's been 1 week since I got this as a gift (so no receipt).

The update 4.5.2 few days ago wasted my qc35 II. White noise, repeated disconnects on Windows 10 , ANC is poor, Win10 recognition as LE (have to remove and then pair again), I can hear conversations around me which is definitely not serving the objective of ANC.

Isn't there a basic reset option to revert to the base firmware in cache ?

Should I wait for an update (if at all Bose decides to queue one, which i hope they will).

Guidance is appreciated.

Tanmay
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

After latest firmware update i found out low stage noise cancellation cancels all the wind in environment and in high mode it doesn't..

Cisco
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

From what I see, after a month, this still has no solution. Thank God, there are serious companies like Amazon, that after a year with them, and after seeing that Bose did not answer, he gave me back my money.

A great pity I was very happy with my Bose, when their ANC worked well (at the beginning).

I have to say, I bought the Sony 1000xm3, and these have disappointed me a lot. Your ANC is good (obviously better than Bose's, after firmware 4.5.2), I'd say it's as good as my Bose was, when I bought it, before so many nonsensical updates.

But do not be deceived. The Sony are not so comfortable. And after a couple of days, the left earphone (cliks, glich, white noise ...) began to fail. Also returned 😞

I just want my Bose, just as they were, not what they have been transformed into: S

Meanwhile, I've got a Beyerdinamics 770pro 80 ohm. Now to wait to see who gets something decent in ANC, and comfortable.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@royial 

>Amazing. More than a week without a response ;(

>We expect better communication, getting ETA etc. 

(I don't work for Bose).  Not sure what you are expecting, there have been well over 100 customers here for the QC35ii alone (and more complaining about QC35i ANC issues) since around March.  Bose has responded here multiple times that they understand the issues and have escalated it to engineering.  They have asked selected customers here to exchange their QC35ii's for Bose's investigation.  So we know Bose is investigating.  What we also know IMHO is that Bose will not make comments here during ongoing investigations.  I am going to suggest that our 'best bet' here would be that Bose does indeed find a way to address the issue in a firmware update.  The QC35ii has had firmware releases in Mar and June so at that pace, it would be likely that we might see the next update in Sept/Oct.  Also thing is, when Bose releases a firmware update, they don't provide details of what was changed in the release notes.  So when a new firmware update finally comes, we will have to test it to see if any of the reported issues were addressed.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@wanobi 

>I've never updated my headphones after buying them a year or 2 ago.
> Just curious if I should be avoiding performing any updates?

I would not do any updates until at least after the next one and we all here have commented on it.  There is nothing imho despite what Bose says is part of their standard troubleshooting, in the last two updates that is worthy of an upgrade (though I have updated to both - but I am not experiencing currently any of the issues described here).  Again, sometimes Bose will say if you are having an issue to do an update for them to help you further.  I would in that situation proceed at your own risk - you may be better off, having the issue addressed here rather than upgrading.  Bose removed the ability to go back last year, so if you upgrade you will have to live with it until the next firmware release.