Dany Lavoie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 3, 2017

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

They did exactly the same mistake with the original QC35.   When I updated to 1.06 (not sure the exact version) it just detroyed the noise cancelling.   Big difference between before and after and we had a big post like this one about it.

Good luck

Clemens68
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

dhavalyours
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

My microphone has stopped working after the headphone update to 4.5.2.   It was working perfectly before the update.

My headphone is out of warranty so bose support team told me to buy new QC comfort for a discounted price. 

I understand that company cannot replace products out of warranty however, this issue was caused after the update, Before update headphones worked perfectly fine.  Also the update was forced on me, It did not ask for an option to take my permission before i updated it.  

If Bose is forcing new updates on the users, Then they should definitely fix the issues caused by their updates. It is not fair to make mistakes and make consumers pay for them. 

This definitely reduces my trust on Bose

SoundsGoodMan
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

@Clemens68 wrote:

the thread made it to the verge 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/16/20696186/bose-qc35ii-headphones-worse-noise-cancellation-problems

I'm glad to see it's getting more attention.  Hopefully the mods won't remove the link. 😕

gaoliang21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

My QC35 II doesn't block any sorrounding conversation in my office after updating to 4.5.2 even if ANC is set to high. The headset becimes useless righ now. Bose is detorying our trust!!!!

Highlighted
gaoliang21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Here is the petition to take down 4.5.2:

[Moderated by Moderator]

bimblestein
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Ferdi, thanks for your extremely helpful post.  This really ought to be pinned.

I have a QC35 i, and experiencing the same problem with the 3.0.3 firmware update (I believe the thread has been closed and this is now the place for both).

I've followed the instructions below, and at the stage of using the BTU updater I had an interesting problem.

The Updater shows the QC35 is still running the old firmware (1.0.6) so it tries to update (problem #1 - the iOS app is clearly showing it's running 3.0.3!).  However, at 68% the updating process fails, saying the headphones have been disconnected (they haven't).  Have tried resetting etc to no avail (problem #2).

This, to me, shows something's gone wrong with the updating process on both QC35 types (they probably share much of the code).  Firmware isn't getting updated properly, causing incorrect behaviour on the ANC function.  Possibly there's some minor hardware changes somewhere along the line that cause some to fail and some to work.  This would explain why there's an engineering team who keep saying they haven't touched the ANC at all, and are non-plussed (and also explaining why Bose seem to be quite keen to do replacements, as they need to get as many QC35's back to the engineering team to understand what's gone wrong.

I've now got a bit of sympathy for the poor engineers....

polar775
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

@gaoliang21 wrote:

Here is the petition to take down 4.5.2:

[Moderated by Moderator]

here goes the mods deleting/editing peoples posts again..

Shady as hell. 

rhysster974
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Have written to The Verge to ask them to add the petition to the article. If Bose doesn’t listen they will soon. 

polar775
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

@rhysster974 wrote:

Have written to The Verge to ask them to add the petition to the article. If Bose doesn’t listen they will soon. 

I thought Bose was a mature enough company to realize that trying to muzzle disgrundled customers in this day and age wont work out too well for them..