Jul 16, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Any updates on this ?

cashew250
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Why isn't Bose taking this seriously. THIRD PARTY testing has *CONFIRMED* a huge 4db reduction in NC (every 3db is doubling in energy so 4db is HUGE)

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35-ii-qc35-ii-wireless-2018#comparison_2...

FIX this asap, we paid good money for these 

chand_shank
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Hi Ferdi,

I do  facing the issue after the Firmware 4.5.2.  After reading through your post I got some hope to restore the my headphone back in shape.

I have few queries on the step involved. Appreciate if you can clarifgy those.

All device connections disconnected by pressing and holding the button for 10 seconds.

In the app all connections deleted, the app reinstalled( What does that mean, you mean the Firmware or the just the reboot of the headphone).

The BTU Updater loaded and executed; I also got an old version (2.xx?), so I updated it to 4.5.2.

In between, I have resettet again via USB cable.(How to reset the phone via USB Cable)

Now I've run the BTU Updater in Advanced Mode;( How to run the BTU updater in Advanced mode )

Thanks in Advance 🙂

likebliss
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Oh wow!  I had a slight feeling about this before, but thought I may have just been thinking about it too much.  Did they fix it after complaints, or did it remain destroyed? 

chand_shank
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

@likebliss wrote:

Oh wow!  I had a slight feeling about this before, but thought I may have just been thinking about it too much.  Did they fix it after complaints, or did it remain destroyed? 

Ans:

It is still in the destroyed state. As I am not sure the steps mentioned are not much clear, which I am waiting for a reply from Ferdi !

likebliss
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

@Dany Lavoie wrote:

They did exactly the same mistake with the original QC35.   When I updated to 1.06 (not sure the exact version) it just detroyed the noise cancelling.   Big difference between before and after and we had a big post like this one about it.

Good luck

Oops!  My last post meant to quote Dany Lavoi!  Was wondering if they ever reverted the issue from the last time this happened.  My guess is that the answer should give us a pretty good insight as to what they will do this time around.  

Serj
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

detuhin
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Even I am facing the same issue. 

Dear Bose, 

I have spent a good amount of my savings to purchase the qc 35 ii. Now the latest firmware update has ruined the ANC. Not sure if this is the new marketing technique to say the latest 700 has better ANC but it is not a very ethical side of you. Was planning to get the Bose Home Speaker 500 but I think I will keep that plan aside for now. 

starchild
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

ANC compeltely not working after yesterday's update.  How do I downgrade?

starchild
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Ferdi is correct (thanks a lot) - the issue stems from doing the update via your phone.  If you download the app and update properly via cable on your desktop, it will fix the porblems.