Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hi all,

For me its been the opposite! Update fixed ANC.

I purchased QC2's about 4 months ago for work. Use them all day every day.

In the last 1-2 months ish, ANC hasn't seemed as good (I thought maybe just my ears getting used to it..)

Updated to 4.5.2. Now ANC works SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER! It's a real noticable change.

Thanks for the update Bose! I Love it.

(I didn't take a note of the previous version - sorry!)

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@rileyson wrote:

I have been on the phone with Bose support for 1 hour and all they are saying is I have to pay to get a replacement. The firmware was auto-updated to my headphones, so why should I have to pay for a replacement. They won't even let me send my units in so they can compare.

I honestly just feel like selling all my Bose stuff right now.

Yes, that's the option they give to everybody: we've broke your cans, pay extra and get a new (probably working) pair. Disgraceful.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

People out of warranty just need some patience as this is all starting to get good traction, so maybe we'll get an update or a fix... maybe. It's awful to know Bose are telling people to pay more to get a working headset which they broke...not us...them. 

@bose Hows it going over there? not heard from you for a while. You seem very busy posting social stuff about the F1 and your lovely (working anc no doubt) 700s but can we get a little heads up about what you found in testing those headphones? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

The reason for the differences in version reported by the website and the app is more than likely because of the fact that before the BTU updaterr was redesigned (see screenshot of older version below), there would be two versions displayed for the headphones, one for the voice prompt version, and one for the firmware.

The app apparently can't update the voice prompt version, so the BTU updater is showing 2.0.1 because this was the last update of the voice prompt version, so the website is showing the older version. The actual firmware on the device is the one reported by the app.

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Bose QC35 ii new firmware update - 4.5.2 issues

I have now also read the forums since I had performed this update a few days ago and must report that I am facing similar issues.  There is basically no difference in the Noise Cancellation settings 'Low' 'High' or 'Off'.  I can now hear stuff on the TV in the background when Noise-Cancelling is meant to shut it out.

Can I ask when Bose will respond to this as there have been a number of messages reporting issues.

Prakash Prabhakaran

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi @IreMan15 thanks for the info, I didn't know. But my firmware version must be very old... because I just found out that my QCii, when powered on don't say the battery life, like it should... so, must be an old version, I guess. Also don't say the name of the paired devices only bips

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

There's a setting in the app for voice prompts, that might be turned off on yours

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

thanks, @IreMan15 , do you know if we can find out the actual version without the auto-upgrade kick-in? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

The headphones settings in Google Assistant on Android report the device version, that could work without having to open Bose Connect and risk the update

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@IreMan15  you're right. In the assistant app, I have the firmware version of 3.1.8.1835