Serj
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Bose QC35 ii new firmware update - 4.5.2 issues

@pprabhakaran wrote:

I have now also read the forums since I had performed this update a few days ago and must report that I am facing similar issues.  There is basically no difference in the Noise Cancellation settings 'Low' 'High' or 'Off'.  I can now hear stuff on the TV in the background when Noise-Cancelling is meant to shut it out.

Can I ask when Bose will respond to this as there have been a number of messages reporting issues.

Prakash Prabhakaran

A report from The Verge states that the audio manufacturer is aware of the issue, but that the company has claimed that nothing in the update should be a cause for degradation in noise cancellation performance.

gaoliang21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Mohitlove87
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I gifted these headphone to my wife and she has also been complaining of the ANC issue after the recent update, I took them to office and the ANC is so bad that I head my coworker typing sound too..

I'm now regretting my investment in bose..its more than a month that folks on this community are putting comments but unfortunately bose has not done anything.. 

polar775
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

Hello All,

First of all, we would like to thank you all for your patience.

We would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that no changes to the software for active noise cancelling or ANC modes were made as part of the firmware update and no impact to ANC was detected during our validation testing. Our validation testing is a comprehensive process which is part of all firmware releases. We have revisited our test records and confirmed there were no changes to ANC. The way our testing was done was by using several QC35 II headphones across the latest firmware releases and measuring the ANC under the same conditions for each setup. No changes were noted.

As communicated previously by our moderation team, we asked some users who reported an issue to send in their headsets so that our SW and Hardware teams could investigate.
We did receive several units and preliminary tests show no change in the ANC. Our team has so far been unable to replicate the problems stated here. However, please rest assured that we will continue to test the headsets, which are instrumental in our investigation of this reported issue.

We will keep you updated as soon as more news become available.

Once again, thank you for your assistance and your patience.

Your Community Team.

JAnOSC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

nothing but lols, what an answer. So Bose is 100% clueless on this one. Clown company

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

@Community_Admin 

To call 100+ people liars is one thing, but calling the people that took the time and sent you their own headphones WITH nerfed ANC liars is just flat out disgusting.

Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Ughhhh a never ending story...

Highlighted
Nick-T
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

This latest answer makes me wonder if Bose is simply testing low frequency noise cancellation.

everyone is explaining that the problem isn't with low frequencies, but instead with midrange frequencies seemingly accentuated. As if a voice pass through mode was permanently enabled defeating the natural midrange frequency attenuation of the headphone seal itself.

i recommend testing how the headphones react to external frequencies above the bass, since that is where things have changed (on my pair at least).

Serj
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Nick-T wrote:

This latest answer makes me wonder if Bose is simply testing low frequency noise cancellation.

everyone is explaining that the problem isn't with low frequencies, but instead with midrange frequencies seemingly accentuated. As if a voice pass through mode was permanently enabled defeating the natural midrange frequency attenuation of the headphone seal itself.

i recommend testing how the headphones react to external frequencies above the bass, since that is where things have changed (on my pair at least).

Agree - I have exposed the exact same scenario/problem on my 3rd or 4th post on this forum. Their reaction is beyond unacceptable.