Trinadha
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Thanks for the update bose. As you did not find the difference with the new firmware. Luckily I did not update my qc35 ii and found this community. Can you provide the exact upgrade procedure step by step with screenshots followed by you so that I will upgrade mine and see if it helps. 

Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Stay away from this update!!!! You will regret it so much!! Even if you follow the right procedure like everyone else here did. It will still fail. I updated my old ones, fail. I updated my new replacements, fail. Its only fail fail fail...

Trinadha
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Then I will wait till bose find some solution for this. Thanks for your suggestion.  Will keep an eye on this community.

Highlighted
Niri
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I sent my qc35II to get repaired because I thought the noice canceling was not working like before. Bose sent me a pair of new ones. They are just as bad.. They probably allready had the new software installed. They are now lying in a drawer not getting used. Not only is the canceling almost gode, they actually enhance some noice. Useless!!

I attach a screen shot of the ones I sent in to repair. When thinking about it, I did update software before they went rubbish. Screenshot_20190425_060448_com.bose.monet.jpg

papalas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

My experience was the following:

I purchased first QC35ii somewhen in February19, AE verson, ANC was great, cannot say the same on bluetooth...not sure, but i think it was 3.1.8 version (maybe 2.5.1?).

After the update to 4.1 feeling of ANC started to be poor, white noise introduced. I returned them and replaced for new ones, AZ version in may19.

Original firmware 4.1, ANC not that great from the beginning. After updates to 4.3 and 4.5 no significant difference in ANC performance, maybe less bt reconnect and slightly better whitenoise situation.

So my thought is that issues with poor ANC are introduced with 4.1 series firmware and not between 4.3 and 4.5

...Is there anyone clever able to force boseupdater to revert to old version? (hint:it runs local webserver on some high port)

maximillianeo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I everyon, since the firmaware I feel the anc was less effiencient than before. The pressure felt on my ears when I turn on my headset is lower. At the beginning I thought it was a wrong feeling but now I read comments like mine I think it is not only my feeling but a reality. Perhaps it it a side effect but Bose has to consider our opinion about it.

gregory

AncaLichiardopol
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Another victim here.

Bought them 3 weeks ago, all was fine. Yesterday updated to 4.5.2 via the BTU (not app!) and noise cancelling got broken.

No difference between High and Low, and with High I get some strange noise added, overall making it worse than without. Tried downgrading, tried resetting, nothing changed the situation.

Since I am in my 30 deays since purchase, I will return them and ask for my money back.

After reading all posts here I have no confidence Bose will do something about it in a reasonable amount of time.

I am so sorry to let them go, they were so comfortable. 

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Yep. Same problem here. Bose needs to at least say they are working on the problem. Otherwise not only are we going to return these, people will no longer trust even the new headphones just released.

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

For the guys in the US, can you call bose and discuss the issue with them.

Yondax
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Same for me i'm not crazy.

since i've updated the firmware to the last version (4.5.2) the ANC is not as good as before.

it's not too much lower quality but i can hear a difference between the previous and the new update.

i am sure about what i said my ears are good...