Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Yes, before the update we could not hear anything(almost). Now after the update we can hear more sound from outside.

I dont think all of us suddenly got a better hearing after using bose. We getting older every day..

Maaaybe that is what they want to say, use Bose and you will get a better hearing...AHAAAAA NOW I GET IT...

noccer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

You can add me to the list of people with issues. I use these on my daily commute to/from city to enable me to block out the surrounding noise and concentrate on my work. 

The ANC is pretty hopeless now. While they do repel a decent amount of humming noise from the tram, I can clearly hear conversations happening around me, when previously I didn't. I would often wear the headphones without music, just to get some peace. I might as well not wear them now.

To @bose : We customers are not just fabricating this problem, it is real, pay attention to your customers.

You need to drop the 'Data never lies' stance because you're going to lose current/future customers fast, me included. Launch an investiagation please.

AHMAD AMER
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

@bose 
Dear Bose,
One month have passed and you have not done anything about this. 
At least you should push the previous firmware with a new number till you can figure out what's wrong with your 4.5.2

The ANC is not effective at all! What else do you want for you to believe us that something is wrong?! Even if you dont believe us.. You should listen to us and pull out this software. I feel cheated!

Highlighted
Miasma
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@bose @Community_Admin :

I registered here solely to let you know that I'm also affected by this atrocious update that you've released. The difference in ANC functionality between the old and new firmware is definitely noticeable, and as other users have reported make the high/low settings similar thus resulting in the high level greatly reduced from what it used to be.

I bought these headphones two months ago and was really satisfied with the product. Not anymore after updating to the new firmware.

You have to acknowledge the problem and update the firmware or allow us to downgrade back to the previous one. In an ideal situation this needed to happen a month ago, but since that's not the case, please make it happen today. As it is now, with the level of ANC, these headphones are most definitely not worth the premium pricetag we've paid for this subpar product.

Fix it now or expect a lot of returned products and loss of customers. Truly disappointed with all of this.

kapito
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Just another person adding to this.

I thought I was going crazy, but RTINGS -- a very respectful company in the audio community -- have tested this themselves and found a 4db decrease in noise isolation compared to before. 4db is huge. That's over half of the sound energy no longer being cancelled.

Now, seeing Bose claiming nothing when this is so easy to notice for everyone else here, really makes me lose my trust in the company. This is just screaming planned obsolescense to me. Their new ANC headphones just released, which I'm sure has lost sales now due to this. Anyone searching for 'bose noise cancelling headphones' will end up seeing that the old pair has been degraded in an update and people will go with the XM3 instead.

I feel particularly sorry to the people who buy these headphones for medical purposes and not just for the luxury of silence. I saw someone in this thread saying they need the noise cancelling to help them avoid panic attacks when commuting. What Bose has done here is so unethical, I really don't have words for it.

cemhk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I saw my Bose app downloading a new firmware, just in case I searched the web what is in it, and I faced this topic.

I have uninstalled Bose app, in order to prevent an accidental upgrade 🙂

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

lucky you. A while ago arlo had a firmware update that killed battery life on their security system from 5-6 months to 1-2 weeks.

They quickly realised their mistake, admitted to it and release a new firmware that fixed the issue.

Bose you guys need to move and move fast.

@cemhk wrote:

I saw my Bose app downloading a new firmware, just in case I searched the web what is in it, and I faced this topic.

I have uninstalled Bose app, in order to prevent an accidental upgrade 🙂

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Bose admins have deleted all of my replies containing additional forum links and reviews to show this is not only being discussed here - they said it's against the community rules... I don't see external links being an issue, but the clear truth of how they've broken these headsets with these firmwares. Oh no, not the truth, delete that. 

@Community_Admin @bose  You're still telling us the ANC has not been affected. Count the amount of customers here stating the exact opposite. You telling us we're all completely wrong is... against the Community Guidelines: 

1. Be respectful and constructive.
    Respect people's time and attention by repliying well-thought-out answers and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your answers factual and your comments constructive.

Please remove your previous reply and give us an answer that will respect our time and attention, as well as, be well-thought-out. Before doing so please gather the correct amount of information we're all sharing here and let us know how you're going to fix this issue.

dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

another day, to sum to the already passed month, waiting for a 3rd world company to solve the issues created by themselves..

I'll try to sell my headphones for a discounted price and I'll buy a sony xm3. Enough of this, good luck to everyone, and stay away from bose and their 700's headphones

ANC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

@dashskullsasq wrote:

another day, to sum to the already passed month, waiting for a 3rd world company to solve the issues created by themselves..

I'll try to sell my headphones for a discounted price and I'll buy a sony xm3. Enough of this, good luck to everyone, and stay away from bose and their 700's headphones

Let us know how that goes. I'd be very curious to see if you run into this issue with Sony's ANC:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portable-audio/sony-wh-1000xm3-v4-1-1-firmware-failure/td-p/2564068

Quoting from that thread: "The potency of the noise cancelling is noticeably weaker since updating (I'd estimate around 40% less)"