tabazlover
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Dang it!  Shame on me for trusting Bose for its name's sake.  I own a whole bunch of bose products because of the quality, including QC25.  I wanted to finally "upgrade" to a better version and was so excited...until I upgraded using the stupid app!  How is it that I could hear people's voices clearer than without the headphones on with ANC?!!  Furthermore, ever since the upgrade, the maximum volume cuts in half (meaning, the highest volume is very weak) compared to using wired connection!  Oh yeah, the low, high and off ANC function?  It does not work; it's all the same!  One thing it still does OK is getting rid of ambient noise like AC.

I am literally begging.  Do something!

Omgwtfbbqsauce
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

They already lost one customer, I have my heart set waiting for another brand to release their next version of headphone ANC model which has far more superior ANC and more natural warmth to their sound. 

sudeep11787
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Someone has posted a comparison of both firmwares! Check it out guys...

https://youtu.be/PizgfRlKz_s

jason101
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

How can Bose fix a problem they won't admit is a problem?

They won't admit that anything has changed with the ANC, the fact people can now hear white noise when they couldn't before the firmware 'upgrade' or the fact that the AZ batch have poor bluetooth connectivity.

I have a pair of thin bone conducting headphones and I wear them outside through two walls without losing connection, yet the AZ pair lose connection with a laptop 6 ft infront of the TV I am listening to.

They won't even admit that their sleep buds have a battery problem with one bud only charging to 58% which isn't helpful as you need at least 60% charge to upgrade the firmware. And again some of the problems happened after a firmware upgrade.

All I want is some recognition there is a problem and a proper attempt to fix it, But the fact the new 700s have problem too, shows they are just not trying to do anything other than be style over substance.

noccer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@sudeep11787 wrote:

Someone has posted a comparison of both firmwares! Check it out guys...

https://youtu.be/PizgfRlKz_s

That video is pretty conclusive evidence that the firmwares make the ANC behave differently. I am so disappointed I updraded from 4.1.x , the ANC was much better when I first got them 😢

If only Bose would allow us to downgrade. Hopefully they do not take down the link above and instead embrace the fact that something in their firmware has changed the ANC, whether or not they intended it.

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

+1 for another thats Noice Cancelling has been absolutley stuffed after this Firnware update

Tried the reset/reboot.....nothing, still screwed, I really hope BOSE are working on a fix as ANC is virtually non exisitent like this........ dissapointing 

nagyizee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Weird stuff,

After 2 recharging cycles and daily use at the company (for meetings also) ANC repaired himself.

I can clearly hear the difference; I can listen to meditative music while there are jackhammers working outside of our building and the noise is infernal with open windows.

Maybe the reason ANC is not working is that after the fw. update the nonvolatile memory isn't cleaned up as expected, some mess remains from old fw.; they do the test on freshly flashed devices where NV memory is cleaned also, but the average user can not do that operation. So we need all kind of black magic to make it work again.

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Interesting. Did you let it drain the battery?

nagyizee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

No, I just used it until the led showed yellow, turned off and plugged in for charging.

Yesterday I observed that it cuts out the noise pretty whell, and if I change the noise cancelation mode, the difference is clearly audible.

I can not feel the ear pressure that intense than before (may be my ears adapted to that), but ANC clearly begun to work well with the environmental noise.

Highlighted
E1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

+1.

Same problem here. Serial number ending with AZ.

After the v4.5.2 update by Bose connect iphone app, now I can hear clrealy more sound from outside, such as conversation or music etc.

Re-updated by web-tool several times, but nothing changed.

Hope we can downgrade to 4.1.3 or earlier frimware version.