Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Hey guys we have now got over 250 signatures on the change .org petition thanks to you guys and different tech websites posting about this. But we need more. There is over 500 comments on here so I’m fguessing there is some people who who still haven’t signed on here. Also let people know that you know that this has affected by this who isn’t in the community. Together we will make Bose listen.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Thank you!

I guess I don't need to be to worried...

I ain't updating them though until Bose gets it crap together...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Could you please elaborate steps followed after update including the reset?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

DMS has also tested this and confirms the issues noted by this community and other reviewers / bloggers / channel content owners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyC9QStmzcA&t=208s

Did the recent update from bose make noise cancelling worse? In this video I test that to find out. My social media: https://twitter.com/dms3tv https://Insta...
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 17, 2017

To check the installed firmware on a new factory set do the following:
1. Be sure your QC set is powered off.
2. Ensure you have the current BoseConnect app installed on your mobile device.
3. Turn off your iOS or computer’s WiFi. This prevents the Bose app from pushing down an update to firmware such as the one responsible for the current drama.
4. Open the BoseConnect app. The app will report no Internet, but that’s OK.
5. Turn on your QC set and make a Bluetooth connection to your mobile device.
and the Bose app.
6. Let the app start the initial setup. Ignore the warning that there’s no Internet.
7. Go into settings (upper right corner) in the app. There you can look around and find the factory installed firmware version present, hopefully v.436 or earlier. If it is not v. 452 then your set does not have the ANC breaking firmware in this discussion thread and the noise cancellation should be OK.
8. In the app (WiFi still off) check the ANC switch settings to verify there are indeed differences between Hi and Low noise cancelling. If yes, test the headset with your music to ensure the QCs are otherwise working fine. Close the BoseConnect app. Turn WiFi back on.
9.  Unless you experience a problem going forward, do not update the firmware (a very old mantra in tech). Check this forum first.
10. Remember to always turn off your WiFi if you need to check or change something using the BoseConnect app. Each owner can decide if the baubles ancillary to basic functionalities like ANC should be activated.

If Bose manages to resolve its present self-inflicted wound(s) via an update to the app or new firmware fix (or full refund as in 2017 related to the same problem) be sure it has been fully vetted by the community here before opening the door to your update(s). In two of the three sets (QC35 l) purchased in 2017 that I bought with factory v.1.06 firmware I have never updated firmware and never suffered ANC loss as a result. The third set in 2017 I unwittingly updated the firmware then which broke ANC (it was eventually refunded directly from Bose when they finally adopted that no questions asked policy on the ANC that June). One of the two original sets remaining recently developed the other notorious current issue well covered in the forum (the long discussed but not yet officially resolved “Turns back on” or “Won’t turn off” problem). I updated the firmware last weekend before calling Bose Helpdesk on the stays-on problem and sure enough, it broke the ANC . . . The replacement set which was offered at a discount cost after much discussion arrived yesterday with the older (unbroken) firmware installed (v.436) and ANC is good. BTW, if you know what you are doing and have done all the troubleshooting presented here, ask to be escalated immediately to Level 2 at Bose. Level l is hopeless for the already knowledgeable owner and can do nothing to aid you. And once at L2, understand you will still have to negotiate the remedy until Bose gets its act together and issues a corporate policy solution.  There seems to be an alarming inconsistency in knowledge of status at Bose in moments like this, especially in early the discovery phase.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Did the recent update from bose make noise cancelling worse? In this video I test that to find out. My social media: https://twitter.com/dms3tv https://Insta...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

@iuniThese results look good (reliable, but not good for us customers). With ANC off the numbers should look the same, and with ANC on they show what we have been experiencing. Do you have the methodology used for getting these measurements?

Ah, nevermind, just saw that it's from the video above.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

I experienced similar problems with the 4.5.2 update, a reduced ANC on high can you please fix this ?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

@bose @Community_Admin 

Could you do more research in regards to the ANC reduction, it has become clear to me that it is significantly reduced and is not simply a nocebo effect nor herd mentality. Bose QC 35 II Noise Isolation Section" The bass and treble has decreased by 4dB"" The bass and treble has decreased by 4dB"

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hi I'm just here to complain about my QC 35 ii which the noise cancelling is broken the high is the same as the low and the worst part is we all paid $350 to Bose just for them to screw the noise cancelling. This is probably an act to try and get us to buy the Bose noise cancelling headphones 700 to give Bose more money. Very wrong please fix this