Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Audible Advocate

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Hi all!

I have qc35 1.gen.. After updating to 3.0.3 the ANC is waaay weaker. I can still hear the difference between "high", "low" and "off" but it´s not as it used to be - specially voices, I can hear absolutely everything.

The only thing which is working for me is having the volume at least at 85%, otherwise the surrounding noices ruins my listening experience.

I am so disappointed BOSE, this is so unacceptable! If you cannot fix the issue than give us the option to downgrade at least!

I´ve paid premium so I do except premium customer care.

PS: I´ve also made an account just to write here...

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@wings99 wrote:

@Community_Admin   I’ve deleted the app, I’m not going to risk an upgrade. You’re telling people to use the updater on a computer. I don’t have one. I use one at work but we’re not allowed to plug anything in. All I have is an iPad. Can’t you tell me how this is resolved for people like me? I’m sure there’s others out there. I’m not spending a couple of hundred dollars on a laptop / desktop just for this one update to headphones. Come on. Please. I’ll buy you an ice cream??? 

Really? You have zero friends and/or neighbors with a computer/laptop?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

@JokerJKU wrote:

Hi All,

I have been lurking and reading with the same gradual deterioration of the feeling of ANC with every update since i bought the units with 3. something version.

Since updating to 4.5.2 voices were amplified like you all, so i was checking the updater and phones updates everyday to see if anything had been released.  I checked the BTU updater this morning and there was a new update for the updater.

So,

I updated the updater

entered adv mode (a,d,v,arrow up, arrow down) and updated again to 4.5.2

did soft reset of phones straight away

then turned them on

From my experience the ANC has improved, not to level of when i bought them (the "pressure" feeling is significantly less than when i bought them, but certainly better than they were yesterday in terms of voices.

Can someone else please check the same, as i want it to be true so am hoping it is not my mind playing tricks on me!

I did this too but it's no different., before this update if I put them on and the telly was on it would block it out totally, now I can clearly hear the tv even with it on High ANC.... So annoyed and wish they would bloody hurry up and roll it back or allow us to go back again 

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Bram1984 I’m sure they do, I don’t know. I don’t care. The point is, it’s not readily accessible for me to try this, try that, oh and do this, hang on, do that. Updating headphones, phones, ereaders etc should be done easily without having to knock on my mates doors every couple of days. I’ve done without a computer personally for over 5 years because all my electronic stuff can be updated via apps and wifi. Simple and easy. 

Friendly Fanatic

I just compared mine to my colleague's. He says he did not update (still need confirmation on that) and I'm on 4.5.2. They sound exactly the same. I can hear voices when nothing is playing, but as soon as I start some music, everything is blocked out. Guess I'm lucky?

Audible Advocate

@Bram1984- nothing better than pumping music through the headphones to help sleep on a long flight.

I am glad you are happy, feel free to leave the rest of us less lucky people in peace, so that we can keep looking for a fix to asignificant issue.

For me i bought them for long haul air travel and therefore ANC was the absolute priority, including when the music is off.  I did not care about AR and Alexa and google assist and all that cr@p, i just want ANC, so really regret ever having updated since the 3.x.x version my phones came with.

Strident Supporter

Yes, i dont care for alexa, google and AR, so just fix the ANC as it was before!

Friendly Fanatic

@JokerJKU wrote:

@Bram1984- nothing better than pumping music through the headphones to help sleep on a long flight.

I am glad you are happy, feel free to leave the rest of us less lucky people in peace, so that we can keep looking for a fix to asignificant issue.

For me i bought them for long haul air travel and therefore ANC was the absolute priority, including when the music is off.  I did not care about AR and Alexa and google assist and all that cr@p, i just want ANC, so really regret ever having updated since the 3.x.x version my phones came with.

Well somebody is cranky. Sorry for leaving (IMO) useful information. I don't use them silently, so I don't have a reference to how it was before the update.

Edit: By the way, and I'm no expert so maybe I'm totally wrong, but aren't you better off with a pair of good earbuds that just block your hearing instead of applying simulated pressure on your ears for hours? You're also able to lay on your ear that way. I use them at home sometimes, to sleep. They essentially do the same for me.

Friendly Fanatic

@Bram1984so Bose breaks one of the primary selling points of their product with an automatic update and you just attribute the customer's frustration to crankiness...?

It's like you just bought a car and a few months down the line you take it in for free dealer maintenance. When you get ready to leave the dealership you find out everything works but no power at the wheels. The dealer said they didn't touch the engine or driveshaft and you should just go home, and to stop bothering them and being cranky... Nevermind that you paid them tens of thousands of dollars for the car just a few months back, expecting a vehicle that would at least move you from point A to point B.

Friendly Fanatic

@davinderc wrote:

@Bram1984so Bose breaks one of the primary selling points of their product with an automatic update and you just attribute the customer's frustration to crankiness...?

It's like you just bought a car and a few months down the line you take it in for free dealer maintenance. When you get ready to leave the dealership you find out everything works but no power at the wheels. The dealer said they didn't touch the engine or driveshaft and you should just go home, and to stop bothering them and being cranky... Nevermind that you paid them tens of thousands of dollars for the car just a few months back, expecting a vehicle that would at least move you from point A to point B.

No I am referring to his response to my post. Maybe read back? I was only being informative. I sucks that people are experiencing bad ANC after the update and Bose is ignoring it.