Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@davinderc wrote:

@Bram1984Is your device affected or not? At first you said yours was fine, then you said you don't know, and now you're admitting Bose screwed up? It honestly seems like you're working to misdirect the conversation here to keep us all confused (are you a Bose employee??). If you're device works, could you please keep it to yourself? If you can't tell, then you're probably fine.

There is no way to tell how many devices are affected, I've told you that more than once already. Bose is not divulging any information, and it's not like there's a community meter that shows how many devices are affected.

Like I said before: I have no idea, but I want to find out. I purchased mine last year november. I know I've updated a few times, but I'm not sure which firmware was on my headset at the time I bought it. That's why I asked if we have any sort of confirmation all units are affected, but I understand that's hard to tell.

I hear a difference between ANC low and high and I definitely hear a difference if I totally turn it off. All background noise kicks in. And yes, I do hear people talking around me when ANC is on high and nothing is playing, but as soon as I play music, everything else is filtered out. I must say I've not yet tried it in the train/metro/bus, but only in my office room, which houses maximum 7 people.

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

I hear a difference between ANC low and high and I definitely hear a difference if I totally turn it off. All background noise kicks in. And yes, I do hear people talking around me when ANC is on high and nothing is playing, but as soon as I play music, everything else is filtered out. I must say I've not yet tried it in the train/metro/bus, but only in my office room, which houses maximum 7 people.

Thats the issue, On High pre this **bleep**house firmware update, you would have everything blocked out even with Music not playing, thats why most of us are so annoyed (Many use it in offices, Airplanes etc etc without music sometimes)

mattyy03
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

It has been a long 2 weeks. I have finally received my replacement headphones today! I updated to the latest firmware via the bose connect app and once again disappointed... Noise cancellation is bugged again. I'm definitely moving to Sony this just isn't good enough!

Nick-T
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

@mattyy03 wrote:

It has been a long 2 weeks. I have finally received my replacement headphones today! I updated to the latest firmware via the bose connect app and once again disappointed... Noise cancellation is bugged again. I'm definitely moving to Sony this just isn't good enough!

I don't get this... While I appreciate your attempt to provide more evidence for Bose, surely if you'd just left them on the original firmware they came with you could have had a fully functional pair of headphones without issues?

After all, the recent firmware updates only added AR in addition to causing NC issues for some users, there was nothing else (e.g. compatibility, etc..) which would make the firmware update required.

Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@mattyy03 wrote:

You do know Sony suffers from the same issues since some recent updates?

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@mattyy03 wrote:

Why Why.... why would you update after reading all this!!

Naanite
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Not trying to be rude here but he paid for his product and doesn't want to do things like u can update now, now don't update, do this do that. He paid for this thing and it should work. Bose says it doesn't affect all people so he just followed their words 🙂

Also someone wrote before  "Another issue is that the mics are amplified when you're having a call - which makes conversation extremely annoying as all sounds around you are injected into your ears." - God I love this feature I would love to have a button for this feature, maybe not on the phone calls but when u want to talk with people and don't want to take off your headphones this thing is amazing. If i remember this corectly sony has this feature or similar when you cover 1 earcup?

mattyy03
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I gave the benefit of the doubt.... Obviously not worth it. This is ridiculous Bose is so ignorant and I'm sure I'm not the only one with problems with my replacement. 

Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I just tried my colleague's Sony 1000XM3's. While the sound (the bass in particular) is slightly better, the ANC did not sound very different to me. Curious if the XM4's will be able to connect to multiple devices.

JokerJKU
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

@Bram1984- i am sorry but i don't understand if you are trolling or not.

We are not asking about different makes and models and how their ANC compares.

We bought exceptionally good (premium) units with excepional ANC.  Now the ANC is not exceptional anymore with the only difference being forced updates.  Whether they are now at the level of a competitor is irrelevant, i am not looking to buy another pair, all I want is the pair that i already bought to be as good as they were when i bought them.  It is really just that simple.