Micheal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

My set has 4.5.2

Her has what it came out the box with 12 months ago. I am not willing to load the app to check sorry 

vikas_sinha75
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

@fauria wrote:

Let me rephrase the question: Knowing that 4.5.2 broke ANC, I would like to know which firmware version performed best on the QC 35 II.

Baaed on my understanding, versions prior to 4.3.6 used to work well.

Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@vikas_sinha75 wrote:

@Serj wrote:

@fauria wrote:

Update on this:

I just talked to Bose's customer service, and their official position is that the latest firwmare is production grade and there are no issues regarding ANC with it.

The said literally that the degraded ANC following the firmware upgrade "may be a coincidence".

I would really like to see someone from Bose engaging in this thread.

Ahahahhahahaha, that's awesome. Plenty of coincidences these days. Major disappointment, Bose. Shame on you! 

Just coming back from Harvey Norman (Bose auth reseller in Singapore) after returning my headset (which bought last week). Even the demo guy was shocked to feel the difference compared to demo headset. Now he is planning to advise new buyers not to upgrade to latest firmware version. 

He took all the relevant information and link to this thread to escalate this issue to “Bose”. Hope this brings in some light to this issue to Bose. Infact he mentioned that the company is not receptive of feedbacks, hence took all the information over email so that it can be presented to Bose.

Unfortunately Sony WH X1000 is also not that stable and he couldn’t suggest me to buy that since customers are complaining for Firmware upgrade issue with Sony as well.

So I am back to my Jaybird X3s (giving noise isolation somewhat closer to NC (low) of QC35 ii) 😂

Curious to see if they will ignore this too.

vikas_sinha75
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

@Bram1984 wrote:

@vikas_sinha75 wrote:

@Serj wrote:

@fauria wrote:

Update on this:

I just talked to Bose's customer service, and their official position is that the latest firwmare is production grade and there are no issues regarding ANC with it.

The said literally that the degraded ANC following the firmware upgrade "may be a coincidence".

I would really like to see someone from Bose engaging in this thread.

Ahahahhahahaha, that's awesome. Plenty of coincidences these days. Major disappointment, Bose. Shame on you! 

Just coming back from Harvey Norman (Bose auth reseller in Singapore) after returning my headset (which bought last week). Even the demo guy was shocked to feel the difference compared to demo headset. Now he is planning to advise new buyers not to upgrade to latest firmware version. 

He took all the relevant information and link to this thread to escalate this issue to “Bose”. Hope this brings in some light to this issue to Bose. Infact he mentioned that the company is not receptive of feedbacks, hence took all the information over email so that it can be presented to Bose.

Unfortunately Sony WH X1000 is also not that stable and he couldn’t suggest me to buy that since customers are complaining for Firmware upgrade issue with Sony as well.

So I am back to my Jaybird X3s (giving noise isolation somewhat closer to NC (low) of QC35 ii) 😂

Curious to see if they will ignore this too.

I hope that they consider the feedback and deterioration in brand value, had never expected this from Bose.

Irony is that it made me realize the worth and quality of my Jaybird X3 (which is 1/6 of the price) and JBL everest (which is 1/3 of the price).  Now I will wait before deciding whether to buy another Bose product baaed on how they handle this issue or just ignore it.

Being an engineer and R&D guy, I hope they look into it seriously and reinstate my belief in their research (however this is some SW glitch not a HW or audio designone which Bose is maily known for)

Highlighted
Miasma
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Myself and I'm sure a lot of others would really appreciate some sort of a sensible reply from Bose in relation to this issue. Just tell us if you've acknowledged the issue and if you're working on it.

It's been long enough and my patience is running out. I'll give it maximum of another week before returning these cans as they are not even remotely worth the price tag with this ANC.

Hi All,

First of all, thank you for your contribution to the Community.

I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate the message communicated by the moderation team earlier in this thread. We have heard your concerns and went back to reexamine everything to confirm that the Acoustic Noise Cancellation technology on our QC35 II headsets is working the way it should. We confirmed that no changes to the software for Active Noise Cancelling or ANC modes were made as part of this firmware update and no impact to ANC was detected during our validation testing. Our validation testing is a comprehensive process which is part of all firmware releases. We have revisited our test records and confirmed there are no changes to ANC. Our test methodology includes multiple headsets across multiple firmware builds in controlled conditions to ensure consistent and reproducible results. Based on this rigorous testing, we are confident that the noise cancellation in the QC35 II headsets is performing as well as it has been since their initial production.

In addition, through our sampling program in which the Community took part, we have received some units from our customers. We have repeated our controlled test process on these units and have confirmed that each continue to meet our production standards and ANC performance has not changed between firmware builds. That being said, the team is still investigating and we will keep the Community updated as soon as we receive more information.

All the best,

Your Community team.

Balken
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

@Community_Admin 

would you just cut the BS?? - PLEASE!

stop telling us that they work like always! - they DONT! - ANC on high - i can hear ppl talking around me and even my **bleep** keyboard when typing this! - first and LAST bose product EVER!

when i bought them - i could walk past a running dumptruck on same settings, and barely hear it - with no music playing - now i can hear that im typing on my keybord - so no diff. you say????

and reactivate so we can DOWNGRADE via adv mode on btu! - ASAP!

Serj
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Community_Admin wrote:

Hi All,

First of all, thank you for your contribution to the Community.

I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate the message communicated by the moderation team earlier in this thread. We have heard your concerns and went back to reexamine everything to confirm that the Acoustic Noise Cancellation technology on our QC35 II headsets is working the way it should. We confirmed that no changes to the software for Active Noise Cancelling or ANC modes were made as part of this firmware update and no impact to ANC was detected during our validation testing. Our validation testing is a comprehensive process which is part of all firmware releases. We have revisited our test records and confirmed there are no changes to ANC. Our test methodology includes multiple headsets across multiple firmware builds in controlled conditions to ensure consistent and reproducible results. Based on this rigorous testing, we are confident that the noise cancellation in the QC35 II headsets is performing as well as it has been since their initial production.

In addition, through our sampling program in which the Community took part, we have received some units from our customers. We have repeated our controlled test process on these units and have confirmed that each continue to meet our production standards and ANC performance has not changed between firmware builds. That being said, the team is still investigating and we will keep the Community updated as soon as we receive more information.

All the best,

Your Community team.

Can I send you my pair?

Also, I would be very interested on a live streaming test comparison. This is unbelievable; you (Bose company, not you personally) just call everybody on this thread, as well as other threads, lunatics. This is such a major disappointment, and also such a big statement from Bose - you consider your clients liars. This is so WRONG on every level.

msakhrani
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

So I got replacement headphones with 4.3.6 and it is still problematic but not as bad as the last update.. 

Bose.. You said you tested.. But how? In a lab or in the real world? I would su2gp hang out at the local coffee shop and try my old ones out... 

Rintintin22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

A lot of customers confirm that there is clearly an issue (it´s been at least a month). If you´re not able to fix it, than give us the option to downgrade! Reality is that you broke my 300+ euros headphones without any option to fix it. ANC was main reason why I bought them.

I liked Bose products, but sadly, I won´t buy anything with this brand on it ever again.