I recently upgraded and have not noticed any change 

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@Paul49 wrote:

What is your Date of manufacturing ??  (in product info through the Bose Conntct+ app) 

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@Paul49 wrote:

Hi,

Please tell us the if a work environment whether you hear any difference between low and high with music off. Are the voices clear, amplified or muted. 

davinderc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

@Fred43  My suspicion is regarding the similarity of the circumstances for both Sony's and Bose's ANC products. Sony's was just a few months ago, then Bose's QC35, and now Bose's QC35ii. It's just really weird that 3 of the leading ANC products suddenly get degraded withing months of each other. While we may never find out, it sure makes me wonder what potential reasons could be and if we'll have any decent ANC alternatives to these 3. From what I've seen, other companies are not yet up to par with what these 3 products were until just a few months ago.

Paul49
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

June 9 2018 why ? 

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@Paul49 wrote:

June 9 2018 why ? 

Because ive noticed a few comments of people not affected had recently bought them......Mine are 8DEC17 and are now complete garbage...........Bose said they will replace them but I need to send it in.....just trying to work out if newwer made ones are still having the issue and if worth to send in and be without for 2 weeks while I await the new ones to arrive 

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@davinderc wrote:

@Fred43  My suspicion is regarding the similarity of the circumstances for both Sony's and Bose's ANC products. Sony's was just a few months ago, then Bose's QC35, and now Bose's QC35ii. It's just really weird that 3 of the leading ANC products suddenly get degraded withing months of each other. While we may never find out, it sure makes me wonder what potential reasons could be and if we'll have any decent ANC alternatives to these 3. From what I've seen, other companies are not yet up to par with what these 3 products were until just a few months ago.

Conspiracy theory - the ANC was causing brain damage 🙂 so they removed it. Also maybe some wives sued Bose because they were not being listed to 😄

Paul49
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Clearer in low but not as full as off 

davinderc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

@rockran  lol wouldn't jump to conspiracy theories, but I do wonder if there's something corporate going on that resulted in that. Some corporate wrangling between Bose, Sony, and likely another company, maybe some legal proceedings in court that they can't reveal info on until the proceedings are over.

bosetastic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Wife just gave me her Bose QC35ii to replace my now faulty old QC15.

I updated the firmware before I saw this thread.

The ANC still seems fine luckily. There is still an obvious difference between level 1 and 2 of the ANC. It's certainly heaps better than my old QC15.

No issues here.

Formware version 4.5.2, Date of Manufature 23 November 2017.