Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@bosetastic wrote:

Wife just gave me her Bose QC35ii to replace my now faulty old QC15.

I updated the firmware before I saw this thread.

The ANC still seems fine luckily. There is still an obvious difference between level 1 and 2 of the ANC. It's certainly heaps better than my old QC15.

No issues here.

Formware version 4.5.2, Date of Manufature 23 November 2017. 

Do you hear voices around you when not playing music?

bosetastic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

@Bram1984 wrote:

Not really. Can still hear some noisy gits in my office, but it's earily quiet with the headphones on. From memory, the noise cancelling quality hasn't changed since we first bought them new.

I'll certainly be more cautious when doing firmware updates in future in case i fall into the same trap as others here.

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@bosetastic wrote:

@Bram1984 wrote:

Not really. Can still hear some noisy gits in my office, but it's earily quiet with the headphones on. From memory, the noise cancelling quality hasn't changed since we first bought them new.

I'll certainly be more cautious when doing firmware updates in future in case i fall into the same trap as others here.

Did you update via App or website

bosetastic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

@rockran wrote:

@bosetastic wrote:

@Bram1984 wrote:

Did you update via App or website

I updated via the Android app.

fabiodbr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-ii-firmware-4-5-2/m-p/221323#M4316...

I did this 4 times and now I can see differences in high an low noise canceling.

I did the reset procedure then reinstalled the firmware... had to do 4 times

I removed the voice assistant too

HelloWorld32
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Mine are made in 9th of March 2019. The update is so bad.... I can hear the birds singing outside...I doubt my birds started singing louder because they found out I updated 

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@fabiodbr wrote:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-ii-firmware-4-5-2/m-p/221323#M4316...

I did this 4 times and now I can see differences in high an low noise canceling.

Did what 4 times, the reset ?? (Plug in and pull out after 5secs, wait 1 minute?)

Because once you are on the latest firmware, you cant upgrade again as it just detects "up to date" so I assume you did power reset 4 times? 

bosetastic
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

@fabiodbr wrote:

Worth noting that mine (ANC that works fine) doesn't have the Google Assistant enabled either so the button does the noise cancelling level changes. I have never done any resets.

OzRob
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Manufacture date 21 Nov 2017, serial number end in AE. I upgraded using the Android app. Haven't done any resets or anything else. I have Google Assistant installed and use it regularly.

I have no problems. ANC is as it was before the update. On high, background noise, people's voices, etc. are muted, even with no music playing. On low, lot's more of everything gets through.

I use my headphones for about 2 hours a day on my daily work commute, and I can say that I haven't noticed any difference at all between pre and post update. So definitely not all units are affected.

fabiodbr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

@bosetasticI did reset, upgrade, reset, upgrade, reset, upgrade, reset, upgrade lol... this whole process took me like more than half an hour

according to the post: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-ii-firmware-4-5-2/m-p/221323#M4316... you can do the update again by pressing a d v up, down on the btu website

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with how the firmware handles the update

about the voice assistant, I said wrong... I turned off the voice prompts

and the button configured on the phone is the noise canceling level