Highlighted
Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: QC35 II Noise Cancelling doesn't work after last firmware update

@antoniocampos wrote:

A couple of days ago I though it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware to the last version (I usually never check for updates) and after the update (I was probably more that 1 update behind the latest version) the noise cancelling functionality just disappeared, now I have the same "level" of NC in low and high. So now instead of having 3 levels (high, low, and off) now it's like if I only had 'low' and 'off'.

I'm returning this product if this problem is not solved soon with a new firmware update.

No offense of course, but did you just drop in this thread, read literally NONE of the previous few posts, and just blindly posted out of frustration or are you just totally ignorant? Downgrading has been discussed A LOT this last day and it's very easy to do (it takes you less the 5 minutes, apart from the automated update process).

Highlighted
Ray-J
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hey guys. Would you also be able to know when or which fw update version did the ANC degradation started on QC35i? Thanks.

Highlighted
mario64
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Ray-J it was 1.2.10. Read this and get ready for a sense of deja vu re: the QC35 II   

https://www.cnet.com/news/bose-investigates-mysterious-quietcomfort-35-firmware-issue/

Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

@antoniocampos wrote:

A couple of days ago I though it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware to the last version (I usually never check for updates) and after the update (I was probably more that 1 update behind the latest version) the noise cancelling functionality just disappeared, now I have the same "level" of NC in low and high. So now instead of having 3 levels (high, low, and off) now it's like if I only had 'low' and 'off'.

I'm returning this product if this problem is not solved soon with a new firmware update.

Por seres português até te respondo assim: procura como baixar a versão de firmware mais estável (3.1.8) no Google. A página do reddit tem uma boa indicação. Força nisso 🙂 

Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

@Bram1984 wrote:

@antoniocampos wrote:

No offense of course, but did you just drop in this thread, read literally NONE of the previous few posts, and just blindly posted out of frustration or are you just totally ignorant? Downgrading has been discussed A LOT this last day and it's very easy to do (it takes you less the 5 minutes, apart from the automated update process).

I think it is good if many people come here and express their frustration IMHO. No? At least bose could see how many people has been affected. Chill and relax man, and do not insult the others

PRADY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

This thread has now 30K+ views.
Change dot org has 400+ petition. 

Oh, Come-on Bose, tell us that you have found the root cause, atleast? !!

Highlighted
antoniocampos
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

C'mon, of course I saw all the recent posts, I just want to make more noise on this topic so hopefully Bose will fix this sooner 😉

I prefer to have an official fix by Bose rather than risking my QC 35 to become a brick and potentially void the warranty for manipulating things I'm not supposed to (some countries don't have good regulations on this topic and could be a reason to not be able to get a refund or change of device).

Highlighted
antoniocampos
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Exactly! you got the point 🙂 Making more noise on this topic should help to get more attention

@dashskullsasq wrote:

@Bram1984 wrote:

@antoniocampos wrote:

I think it is good if many people come here and express their frustration IMHO. No? At least bose could see how many people has been affected. Chill and relax man, and do not insult the others

Highlighted
caffeine
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@PRADY wrote:

Change dot org has 400+ petition. 

[Edited by Moderator]

I ordered my QC 35 II a few days ago and afterwards came across this thread. I hope that my headphones don't have the newest firmware already installed and if so I will try to downgrade.

Highlighted
Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@antoniocampos wrote:

C'mon, of course I saw all the recent posts, I just want to make more noise on this topic so hopefully Bose will fix this sooner 😉

I prefer to have an official fix by Bose rather than risking my QC 35 to become a brick and potentially void the warranty for manipulating things I'm not supposed to (some countries don't have good regulations on this topic and could be a reason to not be able to get a refund or change of device).

You're not gonna brick anything. The procedure is practically the same as standard updating, but you just replace the updater file.