Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Re: QC35 II Noise Cancelling doesn't work after last firmware update

Well, thank you Thomas from Greece! Thanks to you I have now the old frmware and now I can't hear me typing in the keyboard anymore. Also, the voices seems much more far now. THIS are an ANC phones now! 

PRADY
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

@dashskullsasq wrote:

Well, thank you Thomas from Greece! Thanks to you I have now the old frmware and now I can't hear me typing in the keyboard anymore. Also, the voices seems much more far now. THIS are an ANC phones now! 

Thats great news. could you reconfirm which firmware you are in now? Also do you need to perform any "reset" or "reboot" process as well?

Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

@PRADY wrote:

@dashskullsasq wrote:

Thats great news. could you reconfirm which firmware you are in now? Also do you need to perform any "reset" or "reboot" process as well?

Nope, just did "as Thomas from Greece" said, and voilá! The ANC improved to what it used to be. The ear pressure increased to what it used to be. No resets, no rebots, just unplug and use.

In fact, after "updated" the headphones to 3.1.8, I noticed that some of the performance of ANC may actually be due to some "white noise" in the background, that "shades" other noises. I have a feeling that 3.1.8 with the ANC on (high), there is a higher background noise (white noise I guess) than in 4.5.2. 

Also, the ANC low level in 3.1.8 seems like the high level in 4.5.2.

So, untill other news, and for me, I prefer this way and I am keeping 3.1.8 version and deleted the app in my phone to prevent any accidental upgerad

Highlighted
gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@caffeine wrote:

@PRADY wrote:

Change dot org has 400+ petition. 

Could you please post the link to the change.org petition? I searched but didn't find any. Thanks!

I ordered my QC 35 II a few days ago and afterwards came across this thread. I hope that my headphones don't have the newest firmware already installed and if so I will try to downgrade.

You sound like somebody who goes to a fancy restaurant, orders an even fancier meal, then proceeds to directly pour salt on it when it arrives before even tasting it.

Why not wait until you receive your headset, put it on your ears, and check if the sound is as good as when you tried them in the store, or as good as you expect it to be... And if it isn't, go to a Bose shop, or talk to Bose support... Before trying something that might not fix anything and might put your headset at risk if you mess up doing it?

Apply reason before yielding to the local hysteria... You might just find it does marvels for your new headset....

Highlighted
caffeine
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@gravax wrote:

You sound like somebody who goes to a fancy restaurant, orders an even fancier meal, then proceeds to directly pour salt on it when it arrives before even tasting it.

Excuse me, but if hundreds of customers complain that ANC became worth after latest firmware, why should I not trust them?? And even if ANC with latest firmware is still "ok", why should I not want the better result with a previous firmware? I bought these headphones for a loud open space office...

What is your experience with latest firmware version?

Highlighted
gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@dashskullsasq wrote:

@gravax wrote:

@caffeine wrote:

@PRADY wrote:

Could you please post the link to the change.org petition? I searched but didn't find any. Thanks!

I ordered my QC 35 II a few days ago and afterwards came across this thread. I hope that my headphones don't have the newest firmware already installed and if so I will try to downgrade.

Why not wait until you receive your headset, put it on your ears, and check if the sound is as good as when you tried them in the store, or as good as you expect it to be... And if it isn't, go to a Bose shop, or talk to Bose support... Before trying something that might not fix anything and might put your headset at risk if you mess up doing it?

Apply reason before yielding to the local hysteria... You might just find it does marvels for your new headset....

And you sir, sound like someone who is annoyed for hundred, if not thousands of customers expressing their frustration because bose ruined their phones. Or.. Are we all lyars? 🙂

No, just suggesting they first check their headset before doing something like downgrade the firmware if everything is ok... 

Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Also, I have one other reason to say that tne ANC is better on 3.1.8:

Today in the office, I feel the need to put the ANC in low, because I was like "feeling alone in the room", so isolated

Never, in the last month, felt that need, used to wear it always on high and it was OK (I used to hear voices close, and typing noise).

Today, with ANC on high, it was too much. It is a pleasure to say this, and I really hope that Bose could fix what are a GOOD headphones.

Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

@gravax wrote:

@dashskullsasq wrote:

@gravax wrote:

@caffeine wrote:

@PRADY wrote:

And you sir, sound like someone who is annoyed for hundred, if not thousands of customers expressing their frustration because bose ruined their phones. Or.. Are we all lyars? 🙂

No, just suggesting they first check their headset before doing something like downgrade the firmware if everything is ok... 

I really believe everyone would do the same, but just in case, nothing like having a backup plan

Highlighted
Ray-J
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@mario64 wrote:

@Ray-J it was 1.2.10. Read this and get ready for a sense of deja vu re: the QC35 II   

https://www.cnet.com/news/bose-investigates-mysterious-quietcomfort-35-firmware-issue/

Thanks man 😊 

Highlighted
Some_Random_User
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I have been watching this thread with interest as I noticed similar issues with my update and thought I was going crazy.  I finally had enough on a flight home today and when I got home I used Thomas' method as well and my headphones are back to normal - Bose you need to listen to your customers and stop pretending this issue doesn't exist.  I am deleting the bose app and will continue to watch what occurs and how you treat the wider community. The QC35ii were my first Bose purchase and I was considering purchasing more but after this recent fiasco I think it might be my last.  I am sure more people are in the same boat and are reconsidering their purchases, how much bad press are you willing to cop - maybe it is going to take customers to stop buying your products and affect your revenue before your exec's and boardmembers actually start holding your product managers accountable for this.

You still have a chance to redeem yourselves - don't blow it.

PS Guys - the bose staff posting on this forum are just people doing their job, they are put in a position where they are regurgitating what their managers are telling them.  All they can do is pass on what they are being told to say - they more than likely had nothing to do with this and are in the dark as much as the customers who purchased this product are.  I feel sorry for them as even if they agree with us they will never be able to post how they feel without risking their jobs.  If you want to do somthing about this find out who the product manager is that is responsible or the exec who''s bonus is going to be affected by the bad press and you may get some traction.