Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@HelloWorld32 

>Its not “Greek 3.1.8”
I was just calling it that because that is how in the last few days people have been referring to it.  I went back and took a look at it in Reddit (which I believe is the one people are referring to).  It does not seem particularly complicated to me now that I see it in person (imho).  The file comes from mega.nz so I am guess it was uploaded to a server in New Zeland.  Whether it be Greece or NZ, the point and observation I made above remains the same.  The code in that file is intellectual property/copyrighten by Bose.  I am reasonably sure they read the goings on here and are aware of that file on that site.  They are likely having their lawyers look into it and depending on the countries involved may decide to pursue legal action to have that file removed.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

As far as I known there are multiple illegal files on mega ( cracked games, cracked apps, illegal software) and nobody did something against it for years so I doubt bose alone will do some damage.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Hey,

I wrote the tutorial.

The firmware are the original files from Bose, it was never a hacked firmware or something like that. I just did a small modification to enable downgrading to help those who might solve their problems (as myself).

I totally understand the policy of not having the ability to downgrade but imho Bose should also let ppl downgrade AND investigate the problem to deliver a fix.

I trust Bose will finally get to the cracks of it.

PS. If Bose believes i am trying to do any harm by helping their users, they are free to contact me at any time.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@akumanara 

So if the file being downgraded to is an exact duplicate of 3.1.8 (which released on Aug 6, 2018 followed by 4.1.3, 4.3.6, and 4.5.2) which we know will work then Bose will have no technical way to know the difference between those who have always had 3.1.8 and those who downgraded to it.  I do have one concern about 3.1.8 especially since Bose does not have detailed release notes.  Normally Bose updates firmware in 3 to 6 month cycles.  But 3.1.8 was replaced by 4.1.3 after about a month (9/17/18).  So was it something new/added to 4.1.3 that needed releasing or was there something in 3.1.8 that Bose needed to get replaced quickly?  (Though usual 'naming conventions' generally suggest that when you go from '3' to '4' it is generally not a bug fix but rather a functional enhancement - but we have no way of really knowing with release notes).

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Yes apparently they added  a worst ANC coding in preparation to the release of the 700... thanks Bose, I was hopping for a true wireless in ear from you, I might reconsider sell my nerfed Bose headsets and get the Sony combo over and in ear...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Hi from Russia! It's a safe to downgrade headset with AZ series?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

> Hi from Russia! It's a safe to downgrade headset with AZ series?

3.1.8 came out (8/6/18) before AZ  (which came out I think around the time of 4.3.6 around 3/6/19).  Now AE and AZ are both QC35ii's.  However, since AZ came out with a firmware release after 3.1.8, I am personally unsure whether it is safe to use 3.1.8 with AZ or not.  Those AZ's here who have tried it would need to chime in.  (I have AE and am on 4.5.2)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Thanks so much! I made inquiries about the difference between AE and AZ versions, it is connected with the support of AR function (which appeared in the iOS-application after the update). I noticed that after upgrading to 4.5.2, the ANC seemed to react to the way my head was turned relative to the sound source. The difference between HIGH and LOW modes I feel, but it is not so significant due to the fact that I think the low mode has been changed - it began to cut off more noise. In HIGH mode, low-frequency sounds are not heard, but for example, I hear loud speech, a little muffled sound of train wheels and cars. That is, high and medium frequencies are suppressed, but not completely. Of course , when you turn on the music at least 30-50% already complete silence

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I just wore my QC35 gen I headset at the airport where I am very used to using it for being a pilot, and the difference is crazy.... I used to barely hear anything even with a very low music playing now even above 50 the background noise is very clear, ecen inside vip lounges, I can understand what prople are saying. I will grab my wifes next time to compare, but Bose must get their **bleep** together ot we should seek legal actions... just saying

Highlighted

Hello Everybody,

Thank you once again for your active participation in the Community! We understand that this is a frustrating time for some of you, but please be reassured, we are continuing to investigate these cases thoroughly.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you all that attempting to downgrade the firmware for our Bluetooth-enabled products is not permitted within the Community. This includes the discussion and promotion of assisting others with the development of unauthorized downgrades.

As a reminder, this is due to reported unexpected behaviors and reduced functionality following downgrading product firmware. Attempting to downgrade the Firmware may lead to voiding the warranty of your product.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Community Admin

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.