Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hi

could you let me know what is your serial number starting with AZ or AE? How are things now with the ANC? Tell us how you updated yours via bose connect app or by computer? Im so scared to upgrade bc I bought qc35ii strictly bc of the ANC. I dont have another $400 to spend on the new “ better” pair of headphones. Im so bummed that so many people are affected by this screwed up “ update “

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Hi 

The serial number in mine is AZ 

But what is the difference between AZ to AE??

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

@joelirwin 

It is more than a month we are discussing this issue here! Since Jun 18 for a matter of fact

and still, no resolution or any good advise from BOSE...

I expect Bose to allow downgrading. I expect BOSE to resolve this in less then a month it is something that developers should resolve easily!

No matter what happens don't buy the 700! if you want something else, go for the SONY. I am disappointed!! 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

No need to buy any products from BOSE anymore. All the threads I read was just ANC problems. I spent so much on this product and what I get is all the crappy solution. All the tests I also went through, all the users are from around the world and yet the development team said no problem from their side. If the comments are less than10, then you might not care for the users or give them some crappy solution but NOW how many threads are there? are you blind or just entertain your faithful customers?

You spent hundreds of thousands for advertising and yet just a little ANC problem you guys can't solve it? Are you kidding me? 

Now even a drip of water from my water hose sink I also can hear it clearly. I need to ask you is it a high or low frequency? I guess you are entertaining or lying to your customers. You know you are world-class renowned. Think of sound think of BOSE. But the quality we get even worse than a $99 headsets. 

We are like stranded in the desert and don't know what to do now. No doubt your product is good at first before the update. BOSE is not ethical and no customer support. If BOSE thinks this causes us to purchase the 700 and lower the quality of QC35 II, don't be so stupid, I won't come back for bose again. Never in my life. 

I want you to reply to this thread. I am tired of being a fool right here. 

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

I wanna see them commenting on this!!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Maybe it'll help you to identify the issue... The log of my QC35i :

7/30/2019 12:38:13.484, Error, Device::sendQuery failed to send report (2 - lc)

7/30/2019 12:38:13.484, Error, 'lc' QUERY NOT SUPPORTED - RETURNING EMPTY

I see many of this every second... Can it indicate something?

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@royial wrote:

Hey there, @royial ,

I have created a new thread for this exact problem, and after a week or so they've shut it down with a Bose specific answer. You can check it here https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-ANC-no-longer-works-for-mids-and-highs-...

Unfortunately, this is all you'll get from them.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Another unsatisifed user here... It seens that Bose is trying so hard to sell those 700 that they are willing to make the qc 35ii look bad when put side by side.

If you guys from Bose think it is a good sales strategy, you are completely wrong. As other people said, I do not intend to buy any of your products anymore, and I'm disencouraging everybody around my office to do so.

I guess I'll wait a week or two to see another post from the staff saying "We didn't change the ANC... the issue might be your headphone...we are sorry..." and not giving any hope that they are working on a fix or at least offering a downgrade. Then I wll try the "Greek guy method" and unistall all of your apps from my phone and computer.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

@Serj wrote:

@royial wrote:

Hey there, @royial ,

I have created a new thread for this exact problem, and after a week or so they've shut it down with a Bose specific answer. You can check it here https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-ANC-no-longer-works-for-mids-and-highs-...

Unfortunately, this is all you'll get from them.

Crazy the impression I had about Bose company before the issue and after the issue. How can it be that they can't take one of our qc35 and just see ANC not exist at all and understand what is the issue. Sadly won't buy Bose products again and I'm so sorry I was stupid enough to upgrade the firmware eventhough the original firmware worked well.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

Well, running a few days now on 3.1.8 (thanks to the Greek guy), my experience is back to what I used to have. No clue why, but after about two full days of listening and recharging the set, I experience the ANC I fell in love with.

So after the 'upgrade' from 4.5.2 to 3.1.8, there was a clear difference between high and low, but I did not experience the ANC experience expected. 2 to 3 days later, I'm happy.

No updates on my system anymore, I leave them 'as-is' now, happy with the performance. Don't need the AR stuff on my AE version anyway, still have the feeling the issue resides in that part of the software (and possible hardware).

Why the perfomance became better over time (happened with 4.5.2 as well), is a mistery to me, but then again, I did not create them 🙂

Happy for now, and don't see a reason for 'improved' firmwares.

@bose: learn from this: If it ain't broken, don't fix it 🙂

Listen to your community, we don't need extra features like augmented reality in sound, but just want great ANC, if I wanted AR, I'd buy a toy, not expensive ANC headphones.