Highlighted
tom26
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I'm so disappointed with Bose. After weeks of research on which noise cancelling headphones to buy I finally decided with the QC35 II's over a pair of Sony's.

At first they were fantastic but after the update they are completely worthless. I've downgraded the firmware back to 3.1.8 on two separate headsets but unfortunately it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference - the noise cancelling is still non-existent.

Also another major issue is watching video over a bluetooh connection... the audio constantly goes out of sync with the video - surely a basic requirement for a top spec pair of bluetooh headphones?!

What's worse is Bose's appauling customer service on this matter. They haven't taken ownership at all, almost making out that the thousands of affected users are going crazy. I too am starting to think this was done deliberately to boost sales of their new 700's. Appauling.

I'm now going to return both sets of headphones and will never buy another Bose product again.

Highlighted
Muzic_Adore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Oh man!! My dear God, Im so glad I stay away from updating. Mine is on 3.1.8. I will probably delete Bose Connection app just in case I accidentally click on update and bang my head against the wall. I dont need stupid AR. I just want my great sound with ANC. I plan to purchase a home theater system from Bose but now that had crossed off my wanted list. I will continue to follow all these threads to see what will be the final solution for all of us. I will warn my coworkers and friends about the problem as well.

Highlighted
Muzic_Adore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Well, there’s a threadmentioning about those headphones with AZ and AE serial numbers. Some believe that the ANC issue is only affecting those headphones with AZ serial number. After reading more and more threads, Im very certain that it has nothing to do with AZ or AE batches but the firmware itself. As soon as one jumps into the latest update, there goes the ANC issue just like the rest of people here.

Nanias
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@Muzic_Adore wrote:

Oh man!! My dear God, Im so glad I stay away from updating. Mine is on 3.1.8. I will probably delete Bose Connection app just in case I accidentally click on update and bang my head against the wall. I dont need stupid AR. I just want my great sound with ANC. I plan to purchase a home theater system from Bose but now that had crossed off my wanted list. I will continue to follow all these threads to see what will be the final solution for all of us. I will warn my coworkers and friends about the problem as well.

I too have a Bose Soundbar700 5.1 on my Amazon cart that is going to be saved for later, and if this **bleep**fest Bose is doing dont get resolved asap it will never go back and be purchased, and I will male sure the people I know makes the mistake of buying from a company that careless to costumers.

Highlighted
Muzic_Adore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Here is a link to a thread mentions about AZ and AE serial numbers 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35II-White-noise-after-firmware-update/td-p...

Highlighted
Proximableu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Well, while monitoring forum from the beginning I had come with thougts.

NC external microphones that located at the sides of esch can pick a sound to calculate the first part of noise cancelling waveform. Another set of internal NC microphones situated inside a can for picking bass sounds ( treble is cancelled already by sealing cusion) which makes a second part of noise cancellation. When on ”low” EXTERNAL microphones disabled, effectively reducing wind noise. Internal microphones still works.

Here it is: you do not hear a difference in ”low” and ”high” NC because external microphones are disabled/reduced gain or malfunctioning in some of headsets. Those that have their sets fixed -

please try to tape external microphone holes to experience and confirm

Highlighted
dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

@Proximableu wrote:

Well, while monitoring forum from the beginning I had come with thougts.

NC external microphones that located at the sides of esch can pick a sound to calculate the first part of noise cancelling waveform. Another set of internal NC microphones situated inside a can for picking bass sounds ( treble is cancelled already by sealing cusion) which makes a second part of noise cancellation. When on ”low” EXTERNAL microphones disabled, effectively reducing wind noise. Internal microphones still works.

Here it is: you do not hear a difference in ”low” and ”high” NC because external microphones are disabled/reduced gain or malfunctioning in some of headsets. Those that have their sets fixed -

please try to tape external microphone holes to experience and confirm

Really here is an observation that may be fully correct! I have noticed that when 'upgraded' to 3.1.8, with ANC on High, if I touch the holes of the microphones in the exterior of the heaphones, the "wind noise" is higher than on 4.5.2. 

Also, with ANC in low, touching the holes of the microphone produces no effect (both versions)

Highlighted
Proximableu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks.

There is not much that can go wrong with MEMS microphone. I will bet on software configuration issue Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Serj
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@royial wrote:

@Serj wrote:

@royial wrote:

Maybe it'll help you to identify the issue... The log of my QC35i :

7/30/2019 12:38:13.484, Error, Device::sendQuery failed to send report (2 - lc)

7/30/2019 12:38:13.484, Error, 'lc' QUERY NOT SUPPORTED - RETURNING EMPTY

I see many of this every second... Can it indicate something?

Hey there, @royial ,

I have created a new thread for this exact problem, and after a week or so they've shut it down with a Bose specific answer. You can check it here https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-ANC-no-longer-works-for-mids-and-highs-...

Unfortunately, this is all you'll get from them.

Crazy the impression I had about Bose company before the issue and after the issue. How can it be that they can't take one of our qc35 and just see ANC not exist at all and understand what is the issue. Sadly won't buy Bose products again and I'm so sorry I was stupid enough to upgrade the firmware eventhough the original firmware worked well.

They (BOSE) claim that they asked some users to send in their pairs, and those users did it, and after the AMAZING AND COMPREHENSIVE TESTS they concluded that there is no change in the ANC. I'm pretty curious who those users were (the ones that sent their pairs).

Highlighted
crows_eye
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

Updated mine and have the same issue, mine are AE!

@Muzic_Adore wrote:

Well, there’s a threadmentioning about those headphones with AZ and AE serial numbers. Some believe that the ANC issue is only affecting those headphones with AZ serial number. After reading more and more threads, Im very certain that it has nothing to do with AZ or AE batches but the firmware itself. As soon as one jumps into the latest update, there goes the ANC issue just like the rest of people here.