starchild
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I can hear the rain outside through my headphones with ANC set to HIGH.

But apparently, nothing has changed. Riiiiight.

pkstyles
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

I updated QC35 II's with the android app.  The ANC was terrible after.

Went to the reddit site to downgrade, followed the easy instructions and when I entered advanced mode, the system info said I had firmware version 2.0.1 installed!! 

I updated to 3.1.8 again and it sounds perfect.  To double-check, I re-ran the desktop updater and confirmed that 3.1.8 was listed in system info as the installed firmware.

Could this mix up be the updater somehow installing the old 2.0.1 firmware on people's headphones? 

TurbZ
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Hey Bose, I'd like to participate in this repair program you mentioned earlier.

How do we see the release notes for each of the updates?

Ali®
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

You guys are losing reputation.

4.5.2 is a disaster, even a 10-year child could tell the difference.

Rtings and other sites have proven the change.

People won't buy the 700 series. Don't try to act like Apple. You cant degrade your products with a firmware change, so the newer ones can sell... 

XM3 is selling far better just because of your horrible 4.5.2 and no one is buying 700 series.

rockran
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Guys, judging by their reply I really don’t think bose cares. They have sold millions of these headphones and will discontinue this soon. There are less than 100 people here. Do you think bose cares?

If still under warranty send yours back. Mine goes back tomorrow. If you can’t, theb try the french guys downgrade and hope for the best. I’ve been watching this thread hoping for something from bose as it’s my first bose product. Now I know better next time.

Fred43
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Sometimes I get the impression that all this could be a planned astroturfing-campaign of a competitor, or at least someone is deliberately exploiting and/or exaggerating the problem. Not saying it is, still very possible that this is an unfortunate combination of hard- and software, as not everyone is affected. Somtimes it just feels strange...

But since some people here report that the ANC would be okay again after a firmware downgrade, Bose should really consider officially allowing downgrades again. Maybe a few customers will continue to complain, there will always be sort of a placebo effect, but most will have no reason to complain anymore. Well, and when some say everything is fine again, why not allow them this pleasant user experience?

rockran
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@Fred43 wrote:

Sometimes I get the impression that all this could be a planned astroturfing-campaign of a competitor, or at least someone is deliberately exploiting and/or exaggerating the problem. Not saying it is, still very possible that this is an unfortunate combination of hard- and software, as not everyone is affected. Somtimes it just feels strange...

But since some people here report that the ANC would be okay again after a firmware downgrade, Bose should really consider officially allowing downgrades again. Maybe a few customers will continue to complain, there will always be sort of a placebo effect, but most will have no reason to complain anymore. Well, and when some say everything is fine again, why not allow them this pleasant user experience?

If and when it happens to you, I hope you don’t get some imbecile telling you that you are imagining it.

Glorious100
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I also have the hissing since this firmware upgrade. 17/08/2017 is the factory date.

ANC on or off, sound muted or not doesn't make a difference. Really annoying and makes them unusable for me. Also the sound quality is very bad, my apple airpods sound a lot better.

Now is the time to finally fire that team lead of the firmware departement and please check your testing procedures Bose, they suck.

Fred43
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

@rockran wrote:

If and when it happens to you, I hope you don’t get some imbecile telling you that you are imagining it.

Why the insult? Because you are not sure if you just imagine it? But yeah, if I think I have a problem and others tell me I havn't, I would be pissed at first, give you that.

You wrote a while ago "It's just really weird that 3 of the leading ANC products suddenly get degraded withing months of each other." - Do you want to know what I think? I think all three didn't suddenly get degraded.

dashskullsasq
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 3, 2018

@Fred43 wrote:

Sometimes I get the impression that some people come here are bose employees/shareholders, due to the huge amount of b*llsh*t they say.