Large
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii here, updated at the airport. ANC was terrible after update and found this thread after googling it...

Thisi is a bad update with makes the Bose brand negative. Reputation is key for happy customers. This thread shows that a lot of people are having issues. I recommend a downgrade function in app!

BlackNoise
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Is there any official update with regards to the nutorious 4.5.2 firmware version? This critical issue has been around for a few months now...

Any bullet-proof method to downgrade to the previous 4.3.6 that worked fine for me (the method described by the Greek guy in Reddit allows downgrading to 3.1.8)?

Jaafar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Did any one change downgraded then upgraded? 

Those people who downgraded are they safe? I am afraid to take the risk

Glorious100
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I'm not downgrading unless bose supports it. To downgrade you have to replace an exe file of the app? Not worth the risk.

Bose needs to solve this ASAP! If not resolved by the end of next week I'm going to refund this worthless thing like it is now.

Then to think that I bought me the soundbar 700 from Bose few weeks ago, I hope the software department doesn't screw it up again.

Serj
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Community_Admin wrote:

Again, we would like to thank you all for your patience.  

As communicated previously by our moderation team, we have confirmed that no changes were made to ANC as part of the latest firmware update and that no impact was detected during quality assurance testing. However, we asked a few users who reported an issue to send in their headsets so that our Software and Hardware teams could investigate.

The quantity at which we have received is not what we would have hoped for and we will be asking a few more of you to send us your headsets so we can continue testing. If you have reported an issue and would like to participate in our investigation, please let us know in this thread and we will contact you via private message. Please note that for logistical reasons, only users based in the USA can volunteer to send in their headset. We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation. 

Once again, thank you for your assistance and your patience. 

Your Community Team

Since there are so many of us who are not able to send in the headphones because of the country of origin, and also many more who won't be selected, I am asking the ones who were selected to send in their pair of QC 35 and QC 35 II to share here their experience with Bose. I think that answering to the next few question could summarise pretty well every aspect of this process/situation.

1. How were you selected to send in your pair of headphones? (You asked, the asked?)

2. How long it took untill you got them back?

3. Have you notice any difference between the moment you reported the problem (sent your pair for investigations) and the moment you got them back?

4. Share any detail that Bose has shared with you regarding their oppinion on this problem.

I have created a topic regarding this, they marked it as spam; after sending complaint they published it, and then they merged it back here. This is Bose Community Moderators.Bose-Community-Moderators.jpgBose Community Moderators reporting topics as spam for no reason

Jaafar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Downgraded and returned back to 4.5.2..

Did not see any single difference between 3.8.1 and 4.5.2

Jaafar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Do you see any difference between low and high? 

If no then the update was not truthly implemented..

If there is a difference but the NC is not like before, then yes..

I downgraded to 3.8.1 and when I went back to 4.5.2, it was really bad.. 

To solve it , I have done the update through pc

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@Serj wrote:

@Community_Admin wrote:

I have created a topic regarding this, they marked it as spam; after sending complaint they published it, and then they merged it back here. This is Bose Community Moderators.Bose-Community-Moderators.jpgBose Community Moderators reporting topics as spam for no reason

I agree with them

We dont need 30 different thread for the same thing, Better to keep all for the firmware/ANC issues here in one place (here on this thread 😉 )

madeofstaples
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I ran into a bunch of issues after the 4.5.2 update. The main problem was a beep and then a hissing sound when trying to use the headphones with a macbook. The headphones worked ok with an iphone, but as soon as I connected the macbook, I ran into same issue.

I tried deleting the devices via the ios Bose connect app a bunch of times, clearing saved devices via the headphones, and trying to connect again. However, the same problem kept happening.

After deleting the bose app and reinstalling it, I was able to get the macbook to connect. It had the issue that others were describing (no noise cancelleng, poor audio quality).

Went back through deleting the app, restarting devices and trying to reconnect the headphones. Pairing with the macbook now worked, however, now the iphone wouldn't connect. It kept failing after selecting the headphones from the menu in the app.

After deleting the device from the bluetooth history on the iphone, I was then able to connect again with the iphone.

Things are back to normal on both devices but it did take an hour to sort out.

****UPDATE 3 August*****

I have the QC35 series II manufactured 4 August 2018.

I forgot to mention how the firmware update was done. After looking at the some others posts in this thread, there was some replies saying there was no issues after through the Bose updater through a computer (Bear in mind, others said they did this and ran into the ANC problems). I updated the firmware via the ios Bose connect app.

I mainly use the headphones in a quiet office setting to listen to videos and music, and to reduce background noise. I don't know much about sound quality so possibly there has been some fall off, especailly if I was in a more noisy environment. 24 hours after going through the reset process, I'd say that the experience is the same as before the update.

****UPDATE 5th August****

I have been noticing the drop off in noise cancelling that others have mentioned. Office sounds (e.g. furniture moving, people eating food) that were previously dulled out, are now quite noticeable. If possible, I would reccomend holding off updating the firmware.

Bram1984
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

I was wondering, since most complains come from people testing with ANC on and music off: are there also issues with headsets that do a bad ANC job when actually listening to music? I also hear stuff around me when no music is playing, but I can feel the ANC pressure. If I play actual music, I am completely sealed of. I can't hear anything at all but the music.