Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

After reading madeofstaples post I removed all devices connected to the headphone and reapplied them.

Guess what, it looks like it's solved now. Need to do some more test with some more background noice but it looks promissing.

One thing is for sure, the update modified something to the headphone, but not for the good.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I purchaesed QC35ii 5-6 months back and untill i first time connected headphones to the Android Bose app everything was fine.

In bose app i was asked to update into version 4.3.6 and after update i immediatelly noticed sinificant lower ANC. I dont know what the original version.

I was dispapointed, i visited BOSE forums where i found discussion related the same issue where many peoples were complaining.

I followed Bose instructions to clean list of BT connections and also i performed several reboots. Nothing helped...

After few months i noticed that 4.5.2 has been released and before performing any update (i canceled downloading and uninstall Android app), i visited this forum.

When i saw a lot of negative reactions a decided to stay on 4.3.6 to not make ANC even worse.

After few weeks, i saw some comments related to Greek guy and functional "downgrade solution" so i decided to risk it and update into 4.5.2.

Before the 4.5.2 update i deleted BT connections and performed reboot. Then i updated 4.3.6 into 4.5.2 via PC (windows) this time and you know what ? 

With 4.5.2 it was immediatelly MUCH BETTER ANC , hiss was gone + sound seemed to be more cleared (with 4.3.5 was muffled).

But dont expect miracles that you will not hear talking peoples nearby or furious hiting keyboard,

I was satisfied but you know, after reading a lot of "downgrades success" i decided to follow Greekguy instructions and downgraded functional 4.5.2.

After downgrade from functional 4.5.2 into 3.1.8 the ANC is also working fine it's just in diferent way. I have feeling that ANC with 3.1.8 is focused more on MIDs (voices) and 4.5.2 on other sounds.

For instance talking people are less noticable with 3.1.8 but for intance RAINing was less noticable with 4.5.2.

My recommendation for BOSE is to verify update process. I have feeling that this must be somehow related to update process via iOS/Andoid.

To anyone of you i recommend before any update perform BT list devices cleanup, reboot headphones and most imporatntly perform update via PC.

I have AE version.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Seems it makes no sense to stay on 4.3.6 any longer, right? Looks like both 4.5.2 and 3.1.8 are better than 4.3.6 if firmware update is performed 'correctly'

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@caffeine wrote:

So I just reveived my pair. It came with firmware 4.1.3, manufacturing date 9th March 2019. I did a test. Since I'm not in the office right now, I played some office ambient sounds (people speaking, keyboards clicking, telephones ringing) on YouTube through my speakers. With ANC on high and no music playing through my headphones, the sounds were reduced by I would say 80% but still audible. With music playing at moderate volume I could not hear ambient sounds anymore. This was on 4.1.3. Then I performed the upgrade to 4.5.2. I cannot make out any difference to 4.1.3, although I don't know how well the headphones performed with a previous firmware (pre 4.1.3). I will probably perform a downgrade and test later. In both cases - 4.1.3 and 4.5.2 - I do hear a difference of ANC between high and low. Of course these results are purely based on my personal perception.

I finally found some time to perform the downgrade. First of all you should know that I performed the upgrade to 4.5.2 on my Android phone with the Bose Connect app. After I installed the Bose Updater application on my Windows machine and went to btu.bose.com, it told me that my QC35 had the newest firmware but the voice prompts were outdated. So it updated the voice prompts first. Then I performed the downgrade to the 3.1.8 firmware and let me tell you that I don't hear a difference in ANC performance between 4.5.2 and 3.1.8!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Oh my God! I hope this is the problem that the majority of people here has problem with. BOSE PLEASE VERIFY AND INFORM PEOPLE TO CORRECTLY UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. Clearing old Bluetooth lists on your devices.

Reset the headphone

Install update via laptop or desktop computer.

you guys please do this and put feedback on this threads so people will know if these stricks help🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

I have now returned both sets of headphones that I owned. Well done Bose, you've lost a customer for life!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

4.5.2 is terrible. I should have read this thread before upgrading. ANC is close to zilch after the upgrade. Please fix or allow us to downgrade. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

The issue is solved.. 

The reset method suggested by bose does not work well.. 

Slide the power button to the right side for 10 secs till you hear Bluetooth list is clear

Link your headphone to PC then click on Bos update to ensure that you are on the last one..

I am on 4.5.2 and yesterday went to one of the shops to compare it with Sony M3 and guees what?

Similar results with just small difference in NC that barely noticeable..

Was gonna Return my QC 35 II , but now..

No way ! 

Will stick to it since I sold my airpods and the voice recordings on the sony is a trash

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Muzic_Adore wrote:

Oh my God! I hope this is the problem that the majority of people here has problem with. BOSE PLEASE VERIFY AND INFORM PEOPLE TO CORRECTLY UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. Clearing old Bluetooth lists on your devices.

Reset the headphone

Install update via laptop or desktop computer.

you guys please do this and put feedback on this threads so people will know if these stricks help🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

For me it didn't 😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2017

If you decide to extend the investigation to the outside of the US, I'm willing to contribute.

Product Details

Firmware Version

Serial Number

XXXXXXXXXX82951AE

Original Name

Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II

Date of Manufacturing

5 October 2017