Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Did the recent update from bose make noise cancelling worse? In this video I test that to find out. My social media: https://twitter.com/dms3tv https://Instagram.com/dms3tv Snapchat @dms3tv IF you want to support the channel checkout the patreon! https://www.patreon.com/DMS3TV Forums: ...
Friendly Fanatic

For me it's the mid ot mid high tones...

Cabin pressure is gone (on purpose?)..

Audible Advocate

Now that you have pinpointed this, I think this is why I feel that ANC is off. High and low ANC seems the same now as the cabin pressure feeling has disappeared. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

@Jackoutofthebox 

> It's really suspicious that they mess with the ANC for the QC35II right after the 700 came out.

I do not work for Bose and am in now way going to try to defend their actions and changes here.  The fact and data is that there really no 'direct connection' in my opinion between the ANC issue and the advent of the 700.  If you have followed all the posts is relative to ANC you will see that the ANC issue really began to surface two versions back with 4.3.6 which was March 6, 2019 - well before the 700 and changed again with 4.1.3 which was the model "AZ" of the Qc35ii and the introduction of AR for that device.  In fact, the owners of the QC35i also began complaining of issues regarding ANC earlier in 2019 well before the 700 cam out.

Perhaps one can say the 700 was in development back in early 2019 and Bose made some sort of decisions for the QC35i and QC35ii to modify the ANC to make it similar or perhaps different from the ANC on the then developing 700.  But we have no really proof for that either as Bose continues to say they made to firmware changes to ANC.  Frankly we continue to guess and Bose likely continues to research and any 'theories' about intentions and actual causes are just that - theories.

We have seen lots of 'data' created externally to Bose saying there is a difference.  But why the difference is still being investigated.  I personally have not seen anything in this thread that is conclusive to what exactly the changes are and niether any user here or Bose themselves have not come up with a definitive explanation of where and why the differences/changes have occurred and where those changes have come from - the hardware themselves, the firmware, the upgrade process, ....

Audible Advocate

You are correct. Bose has several products already in hand that they are not releasing, so it is possible they mess qc35ii because they were in the works of releasing the 700, but again  we are all assuming that the reason why. The problem right is that they are not admitting any there is a issue. It kinda apple like only doing something when they are put on the spot. They are not doing anything even tho, this issue has been blown up all over tech media, with tons of proof. 

Audible Advocate

Hello guys and Bose Team,

I just created a profile to leave a message:

I'm also having a different sound reduction quality after the 4.5.2 update.

It indeed seems the mid to high levels are coming in much clearer.

And also I have no more cabin pressure, which I was actually accustomed to.

As it gave me a compfy, coushiny feeling...

I really don't want or care to speculate at about what happened, 
I just want Bose to fix it or reverse the update, asap..

I'm not a tech professional or sounds professor and i very cleary hear a difference in noise cancellation.

That for me just tells it all...

Bose, have you by know figured out what the problem was?
If, not, can you give user the opportunity to go back to the last update.

No hard feelings if you messed up or try to innovate, but please fix or reverse soon!

Looking forward,

Dirk

Audible Advocate

What I see over here is people do not know how to solve the issue..

- Do Reset

- Clear all the Bluetooth connections

- Check if the system is updated through PC

When I first downgraded to 3.8.1 I saw no difference then I went back to 4.5.2 and saw what you are compling about.. 

It was mass

Did the above steps and everything is back to normal

Do not expect that the NC will fully isolate you.. You will hear some noise , but reduced a lot..

Audible Advocate

Thanks for sharing Jaafar..

I know what I hear and what noise cancellation I had before.

So we can agree that there is a difference in the cancellation of a frequence range..

most probably to reduce the cabin pressure, I've read, but don't want to speculate.

I did already follow up on all the tips on the forum (including yours).

Update over PC via updater, 10 sec clear list + multiple reset with 30 sec out, 5 second plugged in wall, 60 sec, then on.. etc. etc.

The thing is.. I don't think this little puzzle was ever intented by Bose, right?

Why can't Bose get their act together and fix the mess they have caused..

Again, thanks for sharing!

Dirk

Strident Supporter

@Jaafar wrote:

What I see over here is people do not know how to solve the issue..

- Do Reset

- Clear all the Bluetooth connections

- Check if the system is updated through PC

When I first downgraded to 3.8.1 I saw no difference then I went back to 4.5.2 and saw what you are compling about.. 

It was mass

Did the above steps and everything is back to normal

Do not expect that the NC will fully isolate you.. You will hear some noise , but reduced a lot..

Did all the above and nothing changed. There's no solution to a broken firmware update.

Silent Starter

Firmware Upgrades Mandatory?

I’m brand new to this Community, so new that I only by accident stumbled across the opportunity to ask a question. My very simple question, after reading about reading about all the problems some people have after upgrading firmware in the QC 35 II, specifically version 4.5.2, is so I HAVE to accept an upgrade? It sounds like it’s forced on me if I’m using the Bose Connect app. If true, I guess I’ll never use that app. Anyway, thanks in advance. Will