Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Before reading this forum I did the update as well with the headphones on my head on the tube. When it finished I started to hear things I did not before (6th sense thing I thought..)

So did all the different updates, resets, no change.

Me being not happy :'(

Message to Bose support, explaining them whats happened and what did I try, straight on answer from them that it should be faulty then and we send you a replacement. Asked about the replacement's firmware, confirmed 4.1.3 so I said OK.

1 week later replacement arrives, firmware 4.1.3, bose connect deleted.

Me being happy 😄

My Bose is great again.

I am really disappointed how the Bose Community is being managed and handled literally marking thousands of customers as liars.

On the other hand support staff was excellent understanding my issue and replacing my device straight away. Maybe this is just not the right place to find a solution..

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Firmware Upgrades Mandatory?

@wallibid wrote:

I’m brand new to this Community, so new that I only by accident stumbled across the opportunity to ask a question. My very simple question, after reading about reading about all the problems some people have after upgrading firmware in the QC 35 II, specifically version 4.5.2, is so I HAVE to accept an upgrade? It sounds like it’s forced on me if I’m using the Bose Connect app. If true, I guess I’ll never use that app. Anyway, thanks in advance. Will

Considering the fact that they already answered other questions in topics older than yours and just simply ignored this one, you won't get a relevant answer here. Sorry.

Bose Community Moderators ignoring pertinent questionsBose Community Moderators ignoring pertinent questions

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

Just compared with a 'plain' 1.5 years - not updated version of the qc35ii (from a colleague). Did not hear a difference between the two. Seems my 'upgrade' to 3.1.8 worked as wanted. Keep in mind, you still hear some noice (talking), but even without music, it should be reduced a lot.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Hi Jbrugger,

It looks from you earlier posts you had the same problems and downgraded..

I'm going to do the same.

thanks for sharing,

H

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Dear Bose,

I have the QCII headphone and after the update the noise cancellation works differently.

There is no more pressure to my ears and much more sound comes through then before.

It is very clear and eminent because the sounds we are talking about are exactly the ones I used to block.

I have read the statement that you haven't changed anything to the noise cancellation.

But why does the cancellation changed? I guess it then must be something you have overlooked.

Could you pleaes provide the support I am used to and for example provide the opporunity to downgrade,

and going back to the cancellation profile before the update?

It blows my mind that customers are not taking seriously about what they are hearing.

As if everyone is crazy?;)  For example, I daily go by train.. 

No I hear an annoying frequency beep from the train that I didn't use to hear.

It was exactly the reason by I bought the Bose headphones in the first place..

And trust me, it isnt the train that has changed it's annyoing frequency..

Bose, please help out, would be such a shame and waiste to replace them with another brand,

Looking forward to your support,

best regards from Germany,

Hendrik V

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

@Jaafar wrote:

What I see over here is people do not know how to solve the issue..

- Do Reset

- Clear all the Bluetooth connections

- Check if the system is updated through PC

When I first downgraded to 3.8.1 I saw no difference then I went back to 4.5.2 and saw what you are compling about.. 

It was mass

Did the above steps and everything is back to normal

Do not expect that the NC will fully isolate you.. You will hear some noise , but reduced a lot..

Some quick background:

- I first noticed white noise issues with 4.3.6 (upgraded in a very quiet house and immediately heard a difference)

- Upgraded to 4.5.2 via the iphone app and both the ANC and outside noise (including my own voice) was much louder than previously

- Upgraded to 4.5.2 using a pc, same ANC/outside noise experience as previously

- Did the pc update using a,d,v, up, down and noticed a partial difference in ANC/outside noise

- Downgraded to 3.1.8, no discernible difference in ANC/outside noise

- Reset headphones using the power off/plug in for 5s/power on, no discernible difference in ANC/outside noise

- Reset bluetooth (held bluetooth for 10 seconds until cleared), forgot headphones from phone and reset, AND THE ANC WAS BACK TO HOW I REMEMBERED IT. High/low as it was before (ie noticeable difference).

I'm not 100% convinced that the code relating to the ANC hasnt changed, but there is a profile, setting, configuration, control or something which is not working with the upgrade process and the bluetooth reset seems to be the best trigger to reset it.

Having followed the whole 4.3.6 thread, and now 113 pages of this one I am reluctant to spend any more time on what should be a premium product without these types of issues, but if Bose support want to investigate further with my assistance, feel free to reach out.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Hi Reevesc,

Thanks for sharing!

That looks very promising and indeed could be the problem..

I sure hope that Bose is reading along.

I'm looking forward to the official response.

H

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

I am going to buy a new today, how do i see what software version i got without risking it to update ?

And what version is good so i do not need to leave it back to the shop  ?

hope someone helps me ( i crashed at work so i cannot take in to much information meaning i cannot read everything before it is to much for my brain)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Don't buy them. The conclusion of this entire thread is that Bose abides by shady practices.

If you do go ahead, you have to install the Bose phone app before pairing the headphones. Once installed, enter airplane mode on the phone and then activate Bluetooth and connect the headphones. In the app you can see the version the headphones is curently running.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@Buffalo_Sabres wrote:

I am going to buy a new today, how do i see what software version i got without risking it to update ?

And what version is good so i do not need to leave it back to the shop  ?

hope someone helps me ( i crashed at work so i cannot take in to much information meaning i cannot read everything before it is to much for my brain)

It won't update unless you specifically click on the "update" button...