ycooper
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Haha I just meant that whenever I listen to music, tv or whatever I do it through a bose product. 

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Just a small input at my end :

After having searched for approx 4 hours I finally found a way to downgrade from 4.5.2 to 3.1.8

After checking (and switching between 4.5.2 and 3.1.8) I noticed that the ANC performs better (no noticable difference between high and low on 4.5.2, but clearly audible on 3.1.8) and this white noise (like distant rain) is completely gone .

So I don't know whats going on with Bose (most people would say that with the new headset coming out they'll decrease the quality of the 'old' versions) but quite disappointed...

For my part, I finaly left my QC35ii on 3.1.8 and deleted the Bose Connect app on my phone.

This way, the ONLY way to update them is by doing it via wire.

Just a thank you to Bose that they do not allow downgrade of your purchased product.

I'll stick with this version unless I hear something good about a new one.
As they say "If everything works, why update ?"

Ray-J
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Good to hear that consumers were able to research and execute “the fix” on their own, kudos to some other online resources out there. It is very disappointing to see that Bose would not admit that there is really something going on with their forced latest firmware update(s).  And worst still, they would not even want to come out with an update that would resolve this ANC degradation or at least allow consumers a downgrade to a best known past firmware version. Bose, you are ruining your good reputation. 

jmarkic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Last notice from Bose in a separate thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-II-Firmware-4-5-2/m-p/226694#M45049

They said they're investigating the issue and they will check for some 'broken' ANC pairs (from people willing to send them in USA) and test them.

Just a note from my side too:

I've installed recently latest version (4.5.2)  and I've instantly noticed the issues with ANC in my BOSEQC35 II headphones. I use my BOSE headphones every day in my busy office with relatively low sound level of music. Before upgrade noise from my colleges did not bother me since I didn't hear it. After the upgrade (with the same sound level of music), I can hear all the conversation. The difference in ANC quality is so obvious.

Once again, BOSE, please work on this issue. I've bought my pair of headphones 3 months ago and the main reason I've paid so much for them is ANC which was brilliant. Now they are useless for me, they're like any other headphones (without ANC) I have at my home. This is serious, critical issue! Consider it as number 1 priority.

Jelena

@Ray-J wrote:

Good to hear that consumers were able to research and execute “the fix” on their own, kudos to some other online resources out there. It is very disappointing to see that Bose would not admit that there is really something going on with their forced latest firmware update(s).  And worst still, they would not even want to come out with an update that would resolve this ANC degradation or at least allow consumers a downgrade to a best known past firmware version. Bose, you are ruining your good reputation. 

Highlighted
HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hi guys,

Update from my end..

There seems to be a return policy now in place.

I called the Bose service desk and they created a return order.

I have just dropped them off at UPS and once returned they will sent me a new pair.

I hope with the old firmware;)

Let's see..

I guess, it 'must' be then a small percentage (which is probablty still a lot of users) that are having these problems..

Fiio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

- Reset bluetooth (held bluetooth for 10 seconds until cleared), forgot headphones from phone and reset, AND THE ANC WAS BACK TO HOW I REMEMBERED IT. High/low as it was before (ie noticeable difference).

Afraid thats not helped here. Performed with a podcast playing along the whole time at the same volume. 

drwhois
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

are there users that upgraded to 4.5.2 and didn't have a problem with ANC after the upgrade?

i'm on 4.3.1 and that one works good so i'm not keen on doing the upgrade...

i wonder why the update is still available for download, unless the majority did not have a problem?

tia,

Marc

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Unless you want to downgrade afterwards to 3.1.8 don’t update 😉

if they work fine just delete Bose connect app and good to go...

drwhois
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

also wonder as to why bose doesn't give the ability to downgrade to a firmware of the likings...

can't be that hard to open up the boseupdater.exe repository for every firmware available...

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

That’s exactly the way. 

Tou just need to tell the app not to look on the Bose website but in your computer instead 😉