Aug 8, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

except that i don't have all the releases at handSmiley Sad

konosmgr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Not quite true, mine updated automatically. Speaking of which, the update is absolutely attrocious. The current software itteration offers a clear downgrade compared to the last one. I can currently hear people speaking/music while previouly, nearly all voices were easily muffled. This whole situation is a disgrace, and it's infuriatiing that I have to waste hours upon hours trying to trouble-shoot the problem in order to reclaim the very performance upon which this product's purchasal was predicated on. This problem and how it is handled poses a huge red flag for bose.

martinrx
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Same problem for me, after update ANC is not good.

BOSE please repair it! 

Serj
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Firmware Upgrades Mandatory?

@wallibid wrote:

I’m brand new to this Community, so new that I only by accident stumbled across the opportunity to ask a question. My very simple question, after reading about reading about all the problems some people have after upgrading firmware in the QC 35 II, specifically version 4.5.2, is so I HAVE to accept an upgrade? It sounds like it’s forced on me if I’m using the Bose Connect app. If true, I guess I’ll never use that app. Anyway, thanks in advance. Will

@Charlotte_G  you seem to be online. Could you please offer an official answer to this question? Are the firmware updates forced or need to be accepted? 

@Community_Admin @Hector_B @Vicky_W @Tegan_M  )

Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Firmware Upgrades Mandatory?

@Serj wrote:

@wallibid wrote:

I’m brand new to this Community, so new that I only by accident stumbled across the opportunity to ask a question. My very simple question, after reading about reading about all the problems some people have after upgrading firmware in the QC 35 II, specifically version 4.5.2, is so I HAVE to accept an upgrade? It sounds like it’s forced on me if I’m using the Bose Connect app. If true, I guess I’ll never use that app. Anyway, thanks in advance. Will

@Charlotte_G  you seem to be online. Could you please offer an official answer to this question? Are the firmware updates forced or need to be accepted? 

@Community_Admin @Hector_B @Vicky_W @Tegan_M  )

@Serj No they wont, It will automatically pull down the Firmware and it will then prompt you to hit the "UPDATE" button, just dont hit it 

You can see the prompts here --> https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/article/updating-the-headphones-qc35ii.html

VK151
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

I updated my Bose Headphones today without researching about the update and now I'm facing the same issue. My high and low ANC are practically identical; I can hear much more noise on High than before. Is there any fix?

drwhois
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

i'm curious if

1) it concerns all units made

2) if there is a common factor like AR compatible or not

3) if there is a common firmware ancestor

so maybe the easiest: does the affected unit serial ends with 'AZ' or not?

and if known: from what FW version did you upgrade?

Ray-J
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

@VK151 wrote:

I updated my Bose Headphones today without researching about the update and now I'm facing the same issue. My high and low ANC are practically identical; I can hear much more noise on High than before. Is there any fix?

Many QC35ii owners like you come to this forum right after the dreaded FW update which only justifies the detrimental result affecting the headphone’s ANC. After all these time, it really boggles me why Bose still wouldn’t come out with another update that would alleviate the issue or at least an update that brings back the best known firmware that actually works. 

Bose reputation is definitely ruined by their inept engineering team. Sad.

drwhois
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

and if the upgrade was done through the app or by cable connected to the pc...

i honestly can't believe that the FW hasn't been tested and i only see that they try to get their hands on the bad flashed units, but there must be a common ground for failure imho, but then there must be users that didn't encounter these problems...

konosmgr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Re: QC35 II Noise Cancelling doesn't work after last firmware update

@Nanias wrote:

Hey there guys,

I just created my account because after updating to the lastest firmware on my QC35 I had barelly any ANC just to find out this bulls%^$ from Bose.... I have my wifes QC35 side by side without the lastest update to prove they messed up with ANC, saying that we got used or that they did not do anything is ridiculous!

Can someone point me out on a downgrade path since Bose is playing dumb on this matter...

Cheers

Hey did you manage to find a fix for it? I tried downgrading to 3.1.8 to no avail the anc on high is simply not there anymore, also the android app and the desktop updater show different versions installed so something is definitelly messed up. This is just too much hassle for something that could probably be fixed by a simple firmware rollback.