Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hi Bose

I update my qc35ll 4.5.2.

And thay are not the same.

How do I go back to manufacturer settings or cancel the latest update that ruined my headphones ?!

Theank

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

@Big007 wrote:

Hi Bose

I update my qc35ll 4.5.2.

And thay are not the same.

How do I go back to manufacturer settings or cancel the latest update that ruined my headphones ?!

Theank

You can't.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

from which fx version did you upgrade?

does your serial ends with AZ?

upgraded with app or cable and pc?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

This is the first update that id do.

[Moderator edit]

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

I update with the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Hope bose returns to the previous version!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

ok so that wasn't an AR version of the headphone i think..

so it would be interesting to know if someone has a serial ending on 'AZ' who upgraded and has the same problem or not...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Yep. Mine is an AZ. I 'upgraded' via the Android app. My ANC is reduced too. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@drwhois wrote:

ok so that wasn't an AR version of the headphone i think..

so it would be interesting to know if someone has a serial ending on 'AZ' who upgraded and has the same problem or not...

I have AZ-version produced in Nov. 2018. There was 4.3.6 when I bought them. After update to 4.5.2 I faced the same problem with ANC. 4 days ago I've downgrade it to 3.8.1. ANC became better in my opinion. Of course, it does not cut off all the noise, I can still hear the noise of the train in the subway, but it is significantly muffled, 70 percent I think. I also hear voice alerts in the subway and trains. Traffic noise has not completely disappeared, but it is fairly muffled in the mid-and high-frequency range, low frequencies are cut off completely, as well as in subway trains. I can hear my little daughter crying, but I absolutely can't hear the TV on. I can say that loud and one-time high-frequency sounds do not go away completely - you will hear if you honk the car. Now my colleague speaks in a calm voice on the phone, and I type this message. I hear the faint droning of her voice and the faint sounds of a laptop keyboard. 
Such are the observations on my part. Of course, this all happens when the music is turned off. Turning it on at least 40% of the maximum volume completely isolates you from the outside world. I've tested this with different compositions by different artists, from Chris Botti to Rammstein

Just add that the LOW-mode perfectly removes the noise of the wind. In HIGH-mode it can be heard

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Thanks for the great explanation. I just bought my QC 35-2 and found this thread before my headset arrived. My unit came with version 4.3.6 and produced on June 6th 2019. I didn't update the firmware on my unit and I will not be doing it.

I tested this morning on the sidewalk and I could hear if the car goes by and some other high frequency noises. I hope that is acceptable and they don't cancel out everything. Is my understanding correct since I never owned any NC headphones before.