Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@turtleescape 

Turn on airplane mode and enable bluetooth.  You will still be able to sync them to the Bose Connect app with that setup, as well as change settings and view headphone information.

While in airplane mode, it can't download the update.  It does not download the firmware update unless the following conditions are met: app is installed, phone is connected to internet, and headphones are synced to the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

@BobHam wrote:

@Brijesh Patel wrote: As soon as I finished update to firmware 4.5.2, I can clearly listen people talking near me even when ANC set to high.

I have 4.1.3 and it doesn't make conversations around me any quieter. ANC in general doesn't work well for people talking.

Based on last seven months of usage, There’s a clear difference after updating firmware. ANC quality is lowered somehow. Wish I’d seen this thread before updating. It was firmware update which directed me here after lowered ANC experience.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

sign me up to this too.  i dont notice a step between low and high on ANC anymore.  high used to be very strong, not sure what this update did.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

Me he registrado para quejarme por esta nueva jugada de bose...no tengo la menor duda de que lo han hecho para que sus bose 700 sean mejores en cancelación de ruido. Llevo comprando productos bose desde hace muchísimos años, empezando por unos altavoces 701  serie 1 , su clásico subwoofer con los cubos , su gran central vcs 10. Mi última compra fueron los bose 301 junto con estos auriculares QC ii. Al principio muy contento con la cancelación de ruido,  pero después de la última actualización estoy muy decepcionado  y más aún con bose por su nueva táctica con los 700. Como siempre he dicho llevo toda la vida comprando bose, pero eso ya se acabo. Además tratandonos por tontos o locos diciendo que ellos nunca han tocado el modo de cancelación de ruido, cosa que esta demostrada. Una pena la verdad con esta gran marca que para mi ha sido de calidad y durabilidad  hasta hace poco. Lo mínimo que podría hacer bose es dejar bajar el firmware,  porqué a la vista esta de que no tiene pensado modificar nada con la salida de sus nuevos 700. Esperaremos a los nuevos Sony.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

hi everyone, as Bose take too much time to find out whay's the matter about the last update, I decided to return my headphone. I'll tell you if the new product will satify me. I should wait almost 2 weeks to receive it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

1) why should anyone need to turn on airplane mode? if you don't push the 'upgrade now' button it does not perform the upgrade in the bose connect app

2) i've upgraded to 4.5.2 on the other one also and that also went without problem, ANC still functioning as expected (coming from 4.1.3)

3) you can see the serial also in the properties of the headphone in the bose connect app, in the settings scroll down to productinfo and there it shows, beneath the FW version

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

I have had my QC35ii for 10 months and they have recently updated to 4.5.2 and ANC works, but there is little difference between High and Low settings. Perfectly good headphones ruined by a firmware update. I contacted my supplier, Amazon, and they have told me to return for a full refund.

Now deciding whether to go for the Sony WH-1000XM3 or the Bose 700. I can get the Sony for less than I originally paid for the QC35ii, but the 700's are about £80 more. Such a shame Bose have let us down with the update and still no fix.

I have tried all the resetting them, reinstalling the firmware again but nothing has fixed the problem

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Def go for the Sony's.. The 700's are getting pretty **bleep**ty reviews.

Or get another pair of QC35II with the former firmware and just don't update..

That is what I did..

I contacted Bose client support and could return the headphones.

They are sending me another pair..

Out of the box is so far always the earlier version of firmware..

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Okay, let's get a few things straight.

1. The app does not force the update (I was wrong about that), the notification is aboguious though: Uploading firmware to headphones. And once it's done there's an Update now button in the middle.

2. There is a noticeable difference between the ANC effectiveness on v4.5.2 vs v4.3.1, ans for the worse. It definitely behaves like a low pass filter more than anything. It doesn't filter out speech and higher frequencies AT ALL. The official stance Bose has is that there is no change in the ANC, when there's a noticeable drop in the quality.

3. There is a slight difference between high/mid setting on ANC, the main issue is that it doesn't behave as well as before the upgrade. Bes explanation so far is that there is either some calibration that gets lost during the upgrade, or it simply overwrites the mic setting with new (wrong) values. This is possible, although I don't imagine bose used new mics in new production versions as the same drop in ANC is reported in different versions (AE, AZ).

3. After some time the ANC does improve, letting less low frequencies in, cabin pressure is back and perceptive. You can easily confirm the mics are doing their job by slightly moving your fingers over the holes, you can hear they are picking up the scratching noise. Covering them completely effectively disables them, and this should cancel ANC, well this is the issue, there's little to no difference with the mics being covered or not. 

4. I Re-did the update though my PC, and the logs showed an interesting story, mostly for the firmware version, it does not show the same, I'll paste them when I get home.

Bose, please get your act together and acknowledge the issue, gathering only a pair of US headphones that are reported as faulty is not enough, when you have at least several Dosen reported here. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Why bose dont say nothing????

If they don't solve the matter, I'm with  bose finish!!!!!!