Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii


@davinderc wrote:

@Bram1984  If you don't want to go through it again, why do you insist on your experience being valid for everyone? Others have experience autoupdates that they can't cancel, if you haven't consider yourself lucky Smiley Wink I don't need to see your "proof" because frankly no one cares what your phone does with the app, since no one uses your smartphone with their headset.


 

Well that sure is one way to simply deny the facts. Multiple posters have acknowledged you have to manually activate the update to proceed. Again: I even posted a screenshot. I'm looking at the update button as we speak. There's only 1 Bose app, so it should be the same for everyone. So yeah, I'm willing to say you are wrong.

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii


@Bram1984 wrote:

@davinderc wrote:

@Bram1984  If you don't want to go through it again, why do you insist on your experience being valid for everyone? Others have experience autoupdates that they can't cancel, if you haven't consider yourself lucky Smiley Wink I don't need to see your "proof" because frankly no one cares what your phone does with the app, since no one uses your smartphone with their headset.


 

Well that sure is one way to simply deny the facts. Multiple posters have acknowledged you have to manually activate the update to proceed. Again: I even posted a screenshot. I'm looking at the update button as we speak. There's only 1 Bose app, so it should be the same for everyone. So yeah, I'm willing to say you are wrong.

 


You're absolutely right. The application only downloads the update automatically, but does not install it without your knowledge.

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii


@ikozz wrote:

@Bram1984 wrote:

@davinderc wrote:

@Bram1984  If you don't want to go through it again, why do you insist on your experience being valid for everyone? Others have experience autoupdates that they can't cancel, if you haven't consider yourself lucky Smiley Wink I don't need to see your "proof" because frankly no one cares what your phone does with the app, since no one uses your smartphone with their headset.


 

Well that sure is one way to simply deny the facts. Multiple posters have acknowledged you have to manually activate the update to proceed. Again: I even posted a screenshot. I'm looking at the update button as we speak. There's only 1 Bose app, so it should be the same for everyone. So yeah, I'm willing to say you are wrong.

 


You're absolutely right. The application only downloads the update automatically, but does not install it without your knowledge.


 

 

same here

Audible Advocate

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I do not understand why this headache..

Do not expect that the headphone will block all the voices.. 

Try Sony WHm3 and see the difference.. 

Tiny difference that you cannot recognise.

 

If you are not happy with yours send it back to where you bought it from.. easy! 

 

I faced this issue after going to 4.5.2 from 3.8.1.

Did the update by PC then did a reset 

 

Everything works like a charm..

 

 

 

Audible Advocate

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

A shame to see after several weeks the trolling has continued....

 

a shame after weeks bose has not addressed the issue although I see the iPhone app has just been updated to v9.0

Wistful Whiz

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@davinderc 

 

>Unless the app was updated recently to alter the behavior, it was indeed forced. 

I am answering based on what I read here.  I have an iPhone 7+ and when my Bose Connect app is done downloading, it will ask me if I want to install the firmware update.  I am pretty certain of that.  My understand is that the same is not true for the Android version and that it indeed will install without asking.

 

Audible Advocate

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Your statement is correct. When I first used the headphones, the connect app auto downloaded and installed the new firmware. I was unable to use the headphones without letting the app do it's thing. This was on a android phone moto g5s plus.

Wistful Whiz

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Vinnie205 

 

>What other benefits of 4.x over 3.1.8 aside from anc differences?

Great question but with no real answer.  The 'complication' is that when Bose puts out and announces a firmware update, their release notes don't describe in any detail whatsover what has changed so we have know way of knowing the any of the differences between version.  Take the last announcement for version 4.5.2: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-II-Firmware-update-4-5-2-June-18-2019/m-...

Here is what it said:

=============================================

 

Starting June 18th through the 19th, 2019, we are releasing new firmware for the QC35II. This update can be made through the Bose Connect App, the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) and will be cut into manufacturing at a future date.

  New firmware version: 4.5.2   Details: Improvements to music share Bug fixes and improvements

 


=============================================

 

No much to go on.  As far as I can tell, unless you are a QC35ii model AZ user with an older firmware release (and you need 4.5.2 to get AR), there is no obvious reason to ever want to upgrade.  Of course, (I'm saying this half sarcasticly) if you have any problem/issue at all, and call Bose they want you to upgrade to see if it fixes your problem.  Thing is they have no clue (most of the time) whether the firmware upgrade has any impact on your problem since they probably also have no idea exactly what things in the firmware upgrade were fixed.  It is just 'standard protocol' to go through the same troubleshooting sequences no matter what the problem/issue.

I will have to say/admit, that there was one instance where I called in about my Soundsport Wired with an issue that the battery kept draining even when it was not being used.  The Bose phone person said they were aware of the issue and that the next firmware update would address/fix the problem.  I upgraded the firmware when it came out and the problem/issue went away.  So sometimes when Bose knows what is fixed in the firmware update, it does make sense to recommend an upgrade to address those fixed problems.

Wistful Whiz

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I'm going to post this here instead of a separate post.  I just updated my iPhone Bose Connect App to version 9.0.  It came out TODAY.

Now we have had discussions here about how it could be possible that the Connect app upgrading process had possibly something to do with the ANC issue(s).  As usual  Smiley Happy  Bose was intentionally vague on what changes were made and merely states (among its three item descriptions) - "Made improvements to the product update process"

 

Can someone NOT on 4.5.2 do an upgrade (and tell us if your iOS or Android) and tell us if the ANC issue (such as same LOW and HIGH) is still happening or not?

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

This is totally amazing to me (but not suprising).  I was one of the 4.5.2 users who did not have the issue.  I had three distinct different sounds between ANC - High, Low, and Off.  I am 100% sure of it.  I just upgraded my Bose Connect to version 9.0.0 and ran it.  And now I can no longer hear the difference between HIGH and LOW.

I am 100% certain now the issue of LOW and HIGH is caused by Bose Connect.  I can think of no other explanation.

 

Postscript - I reset my QC35ii and removed it from my iphone and removed it.  I then repaired and tried the settings again.  Now in a quiet room and can very barely hear the difference between HIGH and LOW but nowhere near the difference I used to hear.

Can someone here who had HIGH and LOW noticeably different take the risk and check it out and let us know here or in the long thread what they hear?

 

Postscript 2 - I reinitialized every thing, did the plug into the usb thing and then reconnected WITHOUT the Connect app.  Now I can hear all three distinctly again.  And I started up Connect and now I can hear all three distinctly.  So I have no idea why the first time I could not hear the differences.

This is worthy of further investigation.  There is something fishy going on between Bose Connect and ANC.