Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@HendrikV 

>The ANC high and low is still of sub quality compared to earlier firmware but even more important, the white noise has increased dramatically.

>In fact, when I i'm in a somewhat silent room and shut down the headphone,

>the white noise in ANC mode is making more white noise then without ANC, haha.

This is perhaps one of the contributors to what is taking so long for both us and Bose to pin down the cause or causes - it is not global.

When I upgraded my QC35ii from 4.1.3 to 4.3.6 - all of a sudden I began hearing the white noise like you especially in total quiet locations.  But when I upgraded to 4.3.6 to 4.5.2 (all my upgrades were with Bose Connect), the white noise totally went away.  So now in a totally quiet environment when I turn on my QC35ii on 4.5.2, I hear absolutely nothing.

Perhaps the difference between you and I is I upgraded from 4.3.6?  I sure as heck am still clueless 🙂

So is there anyone here that went from 4.3.6 to 4.5.2 and can tell us whether (1) you have white noise and (2) if HIGH and LOW are the same or different.

Wouldn't it be nice if people could be on 4.3.6 and not 3.1.8......

HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I was wondering today about what might happened..

I then looked at the two headphone cases from the QC35-I from back in the day and compared it to the headphone caes of the QC35-II... The quality is just getting worse over time because of cost reduction -> more profit...

Probably also happens on the in side;)

IMG_7410.jpgQC35-I case

IMG_7411.jpegQC35-II case

Serj
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@HendrikV wrote:

I was wondering today about what might happened..

I then looked at the two headphone cases from the QC35-I from back in the day and compared it to the headphone caes of the QC35-II... The quality is just getting worse over time because of cost reduction -> more profit...

Probably also happens on the in side;)

I have the QC 35 I, and after the 3.0.3 update the ANC died on them too, so it's not the quality of the product (hardware), but the quality of software development that's suspicious/decreasing (increasing for them maybe). Anyway, that's how they kill every great product these days.

luckystrike
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I wanted to add my story into this thread...

I bought the original QC one factory refurbished a few months ago, updated to the latest firmware and noticed ANC performance decreased.

Contacted Bose support and ended getting a new pair of QCIIs in exchange.

Grateful to get a new pair but these headphones were already on the 4.3.6 firmware, I am not an expert audiophile but defintely noticed the ANC is still the same as my previous headphones.

My only options seem to be to wait until Bose announce a new firmware that "might" fix this issue or to try the downgrade...

Ray-J
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Has nothing to do with FW issue.

HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I had exactly the same..

Received a new pair (manufatored June 2019) with 4.1.3.

Quality was very different then the older model I had..

Big007
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Does anyone know how to downgrade To the previous version?

TurbZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Note on the BOSE replacement program:

You will be without headphones for 2 weeks!

1. You 1st have to send in your headphones,

2. Bose has to acknowledge it,

3. You will be shipped a new ones (who knows if the issue is fixed).

2 weeks or 10 working days as they call it.

BETTER SOLUTION: Downgrade the firmware. I'm downgrading mine atm since Bose support were unhelpful with alternative options. Stellar support Bose!

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Big007 

See response on page 126

HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Over the week I have tested various things..

New pair of headphone (June 2019) with update 4,5,2 (via new 9.0 app), the original 4.1.3. fw and downgraded to 3.1.2.

There isnt much difference in the quality of the ANC. There is no more cabin pressure in all updated.

The mid-high levels with all come through much more then my older pair with 4.1.3.

With the ANC on I can now clearly hear people talking in my environment, where I didn't hear them before.

My question for Bose are pretty straight forward:

What happenend to the cabin pressure?

Seems the frenquency range which in the past was cancelled out is now not cancelled out.

Maybe it is the microphone or communcation with the microphone?

It is just very ackward, that the ANC has just been reduced with 4 to 6 db.

Hope Bose will put out at least a statement that they are acknowledging it and working on it.

Instead of nothing happenend but oh do sent in your headphones..

Looking forward to some clarity,