gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@AlexDami wrote:

Hi Guys,

I just received my Q35 ll in the mail today and by pure luck found the thread with all the firmware issues, my question is simple. Should I return them and get a Sony or just don’t update the firmware? Thank you 

s/n ends with AZ

Update of course. The vast majority of people never had a single problem.

PPM-Droid
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Yes, do it! And be unhappy as 500 other user.

I'm really disappointed about Bose Support.

More than 500 complains and no response.

Make a good product bad. 

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

After updating again to 4.5.2 i must say I’m quite disappointed. Sitting in a parc and listening to music I can hear the people speaking literally 10 meters away. With or without the ANC turned on, results are simply the same.

luckily for Bose I don’t have a receipt but these headphones are pure crap now with this new FW !

if anybody is looking for getting those, GET SOMETHING ELSE !!!

crapy move Bose, take a statement other the man saying ”on our bench test everything works fine”...

suck a a waste of money !

Highlighted
HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Sorry to hear that Rouvster...

I'm amazed how Bose keeps its users in the dark.

After the big storm on the 17th of July...

It has been over a month, and for some 2 months.

Some form of communication should be in place in this day and age.

Denny V
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

I just updated to 4.5.2 via the pc, not via the phone and i can basically throw them away now. I need them for my study(in busy environment) and they were a big part of my life. Now i can hear everything that happends. There is absolutely no difference between HIGH and LOW anc. The white noise increased! 

There is no need to test this for so long. So MANY people reported this problem. 

All i want is to revert to my previous software and get this fixed.

As i said before, they are useless now for what (i guess we all) bought the headphone for. The GOOD ANC, not this crap that it is at the moment. 

I use Bose for a very long time now and never had problems with them and they always helped great. But this IS taking TO LONG!! 

Please believe us and just push the old(working) update out as a 'newer' version without changing anything.

WE NEED IT, not now but yesterday!

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Quietcomfort 35 II USELESS since 4.5.2

I think it is time to open a new thread since @bose@Bose  isnt answering on the 4.5.2 update topic no more...

On these 129 pages (i read them all) we saw that maaaany people having now useless QC35II.

When I say useless its because of the cancelled ANC on these headsets that were once amazing (before updating on 4.5.2)

I owned them on 2.0.2 and they were perfect.
I went to 3.1.8 and they were pretty good I guess.

Now, on 4.5.2 they are a total waste of money !

I only use them at the office and was like "Hey, lets give them another chance !"

So I went to the parc and there, SURPRISE !

I heard some people talking about 10meters away from me !!!

I tried ANC on High, Low and OFF.

The wind was canceled, but the voices where as clear as the music.

@bose @Bose I am free willing to send them back, but since i live near Montreal Canada you can tell the store that I will pass and bring them in person and pick up another headset the time you analyze those I own...

Give us access to the old 2.0.2 or 3.1.8 (without the issues) and we all would be happy.

Guess the 700 aren't too good to justify the price difference.

Cheers!

HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I'm afraid that might not even work for everybody..

I received a new pair.. up AND downgraded but unfrontately the ANC has never been the same as my old phones.

White noise increased, cabin pressure vanished.

I did everything.. 

Junlin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Hi there,

Acturally now I feel better with my QC35ii as long as I regard it as a very expensive headphone without any ANC function.

I'm so disapointed about bose and  I think I won't buy a fifth bose product  if bose never fix this garbage firmware. 

drwhois
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

usage question:

is there a way to stay connected to a bluetooth device and at the same time wired?

from the moment i insert the cable bluetooth disconnects...

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@drwhois 

>is there a way to stay connected to a bluetooth device and at the same time wired?

>from the moment i insert the cable bluetooth disconnects..

That is expected behavior.  They are mutually exclusive.  You either are wired or bluetooth.  Can't be both simultaneously.  I believe that is design for all of the Bose bluetooth products since my Revolve and Soundlink Mini 2 also behave the same way.