drwhois
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@MarcosBR wrote:

@drwhois wrote:

sorry to say but i've upgraded from 4.3.1 to 4.5.2 and had no issues either (2 units)... compared briefly to another on 3.8 and ANC is the same...

will compare more rigid next week...

I don't want to argue about that, but 4.3.1 don't have good ANC either, you just made my point. People are saying that the degradation started way before.

Anyway, or you just don't have parameters to compare or you got lucky and had no problems at all.

all i can say is that i do not hear a difference between 3.8 and 4.5.2 (but i'll do a more rigid comparison asap) (the 3.8 unit hasn't been upgraded nor downgraded)

and i do hear a clear difference between high low off

i guess i was lucky, but since the upgraded one was brand new i didn't had a risk cause i would have returned it in case ...

Ties
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Also registered to say the noise cancelation almost disappeard with the last update. I came in with a very old firmware (hadn't updated since begin 2018). With the latest update turning noise cancelation on doesn't really do anything.

kalith
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

cant believe there still hasnt been any resolution yet. so annoying.

ron365
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Absolutely ridiculous the way this has been handled. Going to bring the headphones back to bose this week. People should contact watchdog @ bbc. co.uk to highlight the issue 

Highlighted
Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I opened a new post regarding this issue, stating that @bose doesn't give a crap about what we're saying here, that these QC35II are completely useless for the ANC on 4.5.2 (even after downgrading, ANC stays **bleep**ty).

Post stayed 2 days before it got deleted.

They are def aware but seem to not give a **bleep**.
Starting to get really annoyed by this headset.

I'm comparing mine with the ones in store and there is clearly a difference...

FunkySoul
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

First of all, thank you very much for everybody paticipating in this thread. It was a very interesting read.

My QC35ii arrived today from Amazon, I bought them for my loud office. I'm on firmware 4.1.3 and I didn't upgrade of cause. So far I like the headphones and there is a difference between low and hight ANC. Although I wouldn't mind a little bit stronger ANC. I can still hear people talking (I know that's normal) and the office door clacking. I don't hear mouse clicks or typing anymore. When I play low volume music, I don't hear anything.

The question for me is now:

Should I downgrade?
These are my first ANC Headphones and I don't know how much better they could be, if at all. If there is a significant difference ANC wise I will downgrade but I don't want the downgrade to change the sound which I like very much. Furthermore I don't want much more cabin pressure. For my liking it's enough right now. A little bit more would be ok but not by much.

The problem with the downgrade is, if I don't like it, I can't go back to 4.1.3. And I won't ever go to 4.5.2.

What do you guys recommend?

gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@FunkySoul wrote:

First of all, thank you very much for everybody paticipating in this thread. It was a very interesting read.

My QC35ii arrived today from Amazon, I bought them for my loud office. I'm on firmware 4.1.3 and I didn't upgrade of cause. So far I like the headphones and there is a difference between low and hight ANC. Although I wouldn't mind a little bit stronger ANC. I can still hear people talking (I know that's normal) and the office door clacking. I don't hear mouse clicks or typing anymore. When I play low volume music, I don't hear anything.

The question for me is now:

Should I downgrade?
These are my first ANC Headphones and I don't know how much better they could be, if at all. If there is a significant difference ANC wise I will downgrade but I don't want the downgrade to change the sound which I like very much. Furthermore I don't want much more cabin pressure. For my liking it's enough right now. A little bit more would be ok but not by much.

The problem with the downgrade is, if I don't like it, I can't go back to 4.1.3. And I won't ever go to 4.5.2.

What do you guys recommend?

I recommend you do the exact opposite. Upgrade. If you are one of the very few (proportionally speaking - here are a few hundred, compared to the 10s or hundreds of thousands of units sold) people who have a botched upgrade, then send them back to Amazon saying "they don't work". If on the other hand the upgrade works... you're pretty safe that you can upgrade forever...

newfoundglory
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

>the white noise in ANC mode is making more white noise then without ANC, haha.

This is exactly true of mine now too.  Had ANC on high, can hear the white noise. turn ANC off and its actually quieter... how weird.

Mine were delivered with 4.1.3, could hear a difference between low and high, and after update I cannot hear a difference. That being said, my iPhone started to download the update and I think thats when my problems started. Without the update I started getting the problems and then i decided i might as well push on and install.

Its probably reasonable to assume that the app can modify hidden settings and levels, without updating the firmware.

andy55
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2018

V9.0.1 of Bose Connect available on the App Store. 

Like the previous version (v9.0.0) it mentions improvements to the product update process in the release notes. 

I have yet to try updating using this version but posting to notify others in case they’re willing to give it a try. 

BFEE9B62-082B-4F2C-A84B-AEDB4326955D.jpeg

PPM-Droid
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Sadly no improvements. 

High white noise. 

No difference between high and low ANC. 

I hope to come back to 3.1.8