Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prathy
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

And I had the best flight with ANC set to High. I loved the fact that my music was intermingled with the baby crying from the seat behind me. Also I could listen to the the in flight boarding messages too. Such a plus. I think bose added AI to ANC to intelligently allow the right noises in. 

Fran1
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I've updated the firmware and software as instructed by the Bose Technical support team and I'm still having the same issue with the horrible static in one ear. I've had this issue since the first day that purchased these headphones. Can you please contact me and I'll be more than happy to send these headphones to be part of the test group. 

mfkarj
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

I'm from China. Many people in China use Bose headphones. There are 200,000 reviews on Jingdong Mall, but China can't visit the Bose community.

What I want to express is that the noise reduction of QC30 firmware is getting worse and worse every time we upgrade it, especially 3.0.3. Now when you buy headphones, you have to ask which version of firmware it is.

If it is a new version, it will not be purchased. If China can visit the Bose community (I am now abroad), I believe there will be a lot of feedback from Chinese users about firmware upgrades.

So ask the Bose official team to formally upgrade the firmware issue, preferably to open the downgrade channel.

Thank you

kalith
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

im glad to hear that this is being investigated.

i know for sure know that something has definitely changed.  when i originally got the headphones only a couple months back i was surprised how well they blocked out the sound of the ducted heating at my house.  you couldnt hear the sound of the air coming from the vents when i sit at my computer desk.

yesterday i was using them with the ducted heater on and found that since i updated the firmware a few weeks back i can hear the sound of the air with the ANC on high.  this used to block this sound.

please fix this

Snaxalig
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

I have followed all the recommended procedures including resetting the unit (QuietComfort 35 II manufactured in July 2018), and I have gone through the firmware updating process repeatedly via the laptop using the btu.bose.com website - the result is that the Active Noice Cancelling is now worthless. I will have to stop using the Bose headphones and buy myself a new pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 and not the newly released 700 from Bose.

Merak
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

The white noise introduction was dramatic and immediately noticeable.  Is that not reproducible for you?

I sometimes turn my headphones on without listening to anything in order to block background noises while sleeping at night.  This new white noise was so completely atypical that I thought something had gone wrong with the firmware upgrade.

i hope someone inside of Bose can help to reproduce this change, and I sincerely appreciate your efforts towards sorting this out.

vikasmehta27
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

People who bought Sony 1000XM3 and updated firmware are also having same problem. See sony forums. Buy what ever but dont update is the advise i would give..

Snaxalig
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

@vikasmehta27 wrote:

People who bought Sony 1000XM3 and updated firmware are also having same problem. See sony forums. Buy what ever but dont update is the advise i would give..

In a way I can agree with you, but since it is actually possible to revert back to older firmware versions with the Sony headphones, In my experience their product is a better alternative under the current circumstances.

vikasmehta27
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Absolutely agree. In current circumstances sony is a better option, but then Bose also had a way of downgrading Firmware earlier which they intentionally screwed. Sony can do the same any time 🙂

A Slow Reader
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

A QC35ii AZ user in the UK. 

I am also affected. Upgraded wirelessly using the Android app and have reduced ANC now on High setting.

Have downgraded the firmware and must report it has had NO EFFECT. STILL REDUCED ANC.

Customer service have kindly agreed to replace but my dilemma is whether to or not as I use these daily and would be without them for 2 weeks with no guarantee the new ones would be any different, and then even less likelihood of those being replaced. After all mine are only 5 months old and music through them is excellent.