Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Got my $ back. Now waiting to see if an xm4 will be released. Hope bose does something for the guys here that cannot return.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

I can bet Bose will never fix it, never. I gave my headphones to a guy, who has just bought the new pair, and the first his question was - is it maximum ANC? He has version 4.1.3, and we both hear the difference. We also made a "blind test" with other people from the office, and most of them heard the difference. We spent 30 mins and have got some results. Bose spent two months, and they still cannot hear the difference. I will continue using my pair, but I am upset.

P.S. Or it will be fixed once the brand new 700 will sale enough / QC35II will not be available anymore 😉

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Hi Sulima,

Yes, I find that also really strange..

So far I have now returned my QC35-II twice (currently on the way back).

The guys at Bose here in the Netherlands are very nice but don't seem to know what's going on.

Or at least dont share it.. The last message I got from them is that I could re-resent it, "just to be sure".

So my headphones are now again back to Bose.

I'm quiet amazed that so many people can reconstruct and describe the exact symtoms.

'Loss of cabin pressure', 'white noise when no music' (in high ANC) and a 'loss of ANC mid to esspecially high tones')..

Yet Bose isn't able to replicate it.

There are many people from all different countries, so it isnt a wrongly produced batch.

Well, really hope they will 'find' it soon...

Untill then, I just keep sending back the headphones..

It's a rather comical situation..

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Be assured this has to do with legal implications, around liability. If they officially admit there is an issue/defect with firmware/hardware, people might start claiming damages. So they will never admit anything of this sort, the best result would be a new firmware sometime with "various improvements" that magically improves the ANC and reduces the white-noise.  

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Community_Admin wrote:

We’re back with an update.

First, thank you for being here. We’ve read every post, and will continue to.

We’ve also continued to exhaustively test QC35IIs to find the problem you’re having with the latest firmware update, including the handful of units you’ve sent us – which we’ve replaced with a new pair. We have a dedicated team working on your complaints every day, all day. Despite that, we haven’t been able to duplicate what you’ve described. We’re sorry. But we’re not giving up.

We’ve asked Bose employees to let us know if the firmware update impacted their headphones, because there are thousands of us who own them just like you do. We haven’t received any reports back from inside Bose, but hope we do. It will help us get to the bottom of it.

We’ve also contacted some of you to ask if we could come to your home, and test your QC35 II, with your phone, in your surroundings. We’ve started making arrangements and are clearing our schedule to accommodate theirs.

There are a few things you can expect next. First, we won’t identify who they are, because that’s not up to us. It’s up to them. But we will communicate what we learn. All of it.

Until then, our research continues. And our commitment to you does, too.

Your Community team on behalf of the Bose QC35 II Engineering Team

1. Why replace them with new ones if everything was good from your point of view? We all deserve the same treatment, I suppose, since we're all in the same situation.

2. Who are those users? They were selected via the community forum?

3. Can they share their opinion with us? Hello, any user who sent in his headset for investigation, let's talk about it.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Hello

I updated my qc35ii yesterday with the last firmware

I quickly noticed the degraded ANC. I rarely launch the Bose's app and it was not a good idea.

My daily travel by bus this morning confirmed my first impressions.

I tried to find what is the problem and I found this topic.

My device has the same symptoms which are described by the previous posters.

If only I read this topic before I accepted the update...

Why Bose do not rollback to the previous firmware during their investigation ?

I think I will lose confidence in Bose if they keep to ignore the users' community. 2 months is enough to act, how is it possible that your support team can not detect the problem ?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

They don't like much questions, so at some moment they will close the topic or they will block possibility to post new messages. Remember this message. Probably they will remove it. They don't like it.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

I agree, even if it is going to be fixed, which i daubt, it will probably not be announced officially but somehow deliver with 'various improvements'...so disappointed. BTU does not show previous firmware versions so we stuck with faulty one.

I was thinking of purchasing a sound system but now wich such customer care it is a definite no!

Hope Bose will come up with any reasonable answer soon about this issue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2017

I agree that Bose should let anyone who wants to downgrade to the previous firmware version (4.1.3) to do so.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

or at least suspend the release of the current version 4.5.2 during investigations !