Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Airlock wrote:

I agree that Bose should let anyone who wants to downgrade to the previous firmware version (4.1.3) to do so.

Don't bother with the downgrade procedure.

Yesterday I have downgraded to every previous firmware, to no avail. Same lack of ANC, no difference between LOW and HIGH settings, every exterior sound (mids and highs only) is amplified.

All previous firmwares availableAll previous firmwares available

It seems that the only reasonable sort-of-explaination/guess is the one offerd by an user on page 105: 

@Proximableu wrote:

Thanks, i would think it is a volatile calibration data of microphone gains, excuse my technogibberish. Once corrupted it will newer come back even if you reinstall firmware. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Do we know what kind of chipset/processor sits inside to handle ANC duties? If it’s fe a FPGA it might be that a new update is changing the structure of the processor in such way that a downgrade will not have an effect (ie the older firmware is not taking into consideration FPGA changes that happened later on)

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@olafmol wrote:

Do we know what kind of chipset/processor sits inside to handle ANC duties? If it’s fe a FPGA it might be that a new update is changing the structure of the processor in such way that a downgrade will not have an effect (ie the older firmware is not taking into consideration FPGA changes that happened later on)

This is one of those questions that will remain unanswered due to Bose's practices of secrecy and lack of consideration for their consumers.

Maybe some good engineer is willing to set his pair apart and investigate manually 🙂

P.S.: @Liam_W  @Hector_B @Tegan_M @Vicky_W @Andy_B @Charlotte_G @Zoe_C , our friendly moderators team, please pass this to the Bose engineers, maybe it's a hint on something that might be the root of this problem. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

I'm coming from 3.1.8 and the switch to 4.5.2 has made the ANC better, not worse.

The background hiss in 3.1.8 (althouh very, very faint) is almost gone now.

There was little difference in ANC level between hi and lo. There still is. Some pops and crackles when switchin between devices has also been removed. I'm a happy camper. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Hi Serj,

How did you enable all downgrades? I would like to try also.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@kelvin66 wrote:

Hi Serj,

How did you enable all downgrades? I would like to try also.

Thanks.

PM sent.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Would love to know how to downgrade to all version. I was only able to find a way to downgrade to one specific FW.

Appreciate if you could share the steps if you don't mind.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Thanks to Ferdi

i force update again and works (not like i bought them but better than yesterday 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I have always been upgrading to the new QC35ii firmware with Bose Connect.  I happy to be one of the customers here who can clearly hear the difference between HIGH and LOW.  So today, with 4.5.2 already installed and identified by BTU, I 'accidentally' started an upgrade to 4.5.2.  I immediately shut down the window but too late.  I tried to turn on the QC35ii but it would no longer respond.  So I went ahead then and reconnected BTU and did the 4.5.2 upgrade.  It completed normally and successfully. I then turned on the QC35ii and it performed as expected and the ANC remained the same with a clear hearing difference between LOW and HIGH.    Whew...... 🙂

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

I went to the Bose service center today. 11 months of purchase. Still 1 month left in warranty. They cleared the RAM and reset it to factory settings with 4.5.2 still in place. There is a noticable difference in High and Low ANC but the High itself is poor as compared to 3.1.8. I have asked them to take 2 days and get me a downgrade to 3.1.8 else give me a new one which i wont upgrade. They have clearly confirmed they "WILL NOT" replace my QC35 ii under any circumstance until there is a physical damage. They say this Firmware update is as per BOSE standards and passes that so no question of replacement. I now plan to create a physical damage so that i can get a replacement. after all i am not happy with the ANC quality and that what i paid for (349 $)..