Snaxalig
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

My QC35II became useless after the firmware upgrade to 4.5.2. Now the headphones is more or less "bricked", as the most important function that they should live up to doesn't work - the noice cancelling. I called the regional Bose support (in Sweden) and they immediatelly, without any discussion, suggested an exchange and I've already got the UPS details. 

Holmen
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Wauw! Congrats!

I wrote to Bose Denmark who gave me the default message "there is nothing wrong with the latest firmware".

I think I'll try to give them a call.

Holmen
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Just spoke with the the Danish Bose support and they offered to swap my QC35ii to a new pair. They did inform me that they know there's an issue with the firmware, but they don't know where. It seems like the ANC setting is stuck on low no matter what.

Therefore, I highly recommend that you call your local Bose support if your headphones still are under warranty.

olafmol
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@Holmen wrote:

Wauw! Congrats!

I wrote to Bose Denmark who gave me the default message "there is nothing wrong with the latest firmware".

I think I'll try to give them a call.

LOL, email them a few links, like this thread, the youtube video and the rtings review, and ask again 😉

Heijmenberg
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I spoke to the Dutch Bose support and they are swapping my QC35II to a pair with old firmware. I can keep the case, cables and even the ear cushions. Really good service.

They did not know the problem till I told them.

HendrikV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Hi!,

I'm also from the Netherlands and I have return shipped my headphones twice!

They are absolutlely aware of the problem..., just not the solution (so far).

They are indeed friendly but I'd rather have they solve the problem..

A tip from my end. 

Don't install the bose connect app.

Don't even install the headphone itself.

Just open the box.. charge it and start using it.

It's already preset on max ANC..

Start using it for like 2 weeks..

Then the mic/algo is calibrated and you probalby will see you have better ANC..

good luck from Amsterdam...

SomeoneWithACoffeeInHand
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Hi, Hendrik!

I totally support your solution. However, I will add mine. It is almost similar.

I had been facing the problem since I installed the update. But when I removed the Bose app and managed somehow to reset the headphones, the ANC is back. It is as described- on High Level.

Now the headphones are perfect (AGAIN). And I am not going to install this app (again)!!!

However, BOSE must find the problem and solve it, because this is their job and because the reputation they are building matter at the end of the day.

I love with a full heart my Bose QC 35ii, BUT BOSE has to find a way to keep me as a customer.

Good luck to everyone and I hope that some solution will come to all of you!

Greetings from Belgium!

Heijmenberg
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I tried removing the app and resetting the headphones. It did not work for me...
SomeoneWithACoffeeInHand
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Sorry to hear that, Heijmenberg!

Try one more time with a stop-watch, because I was totally confused by all these 30sec, 5sec, 1min ..So, I did it with stop-watch in hand. I know, I sound like a lunatic, but I’d had any other option in hand.

If it does not work, talk to them directly. I hope that the company will provide more options.

Good luck!

Broster19
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

The reboot process seems to have improved things for me. I can still hear voices, however, could before the firmware update. Now however there is a more noticeable difference between Low and Max. The main thing I noticed was the return of the 'cabin pressure' feeling. Currently on a Skype call and (once again) can barely hear those around me. Due a train/tube journey soon so will see how things go then...